1. 1. Is Revan Male or Female

• Male
    • Female
    • I don`t care....

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 11 months later...
My Revan is most definately a Female. Easier on the eyes.

Have played one male Revan, and a dozen Female ones. There are not enough (Meaning: None) Female Sith Lords, Revan should be female.

Of course that is just my opinion... I could be wrong! :D

I am of like mind with RedHawke. I much prefer a female Revan.

Oh yeah, on my first play-through as a darksider female. I got the feeling that Revan and Malak were lovers. But then both were corrupted by the darkside and the love transformed into ambition thus they ended up trying to kill eachother. All the way to the end I expected Malak to say something about how much he had loved her... once... then Revan would have rammed her lightsaber through his eyesocket and taken over the galaxy!

Oh yeah, on my first play-through as a darksider female. I got the feeling that Revan and Malak were lovers. But then both were corrupted by the darkside and the love transformed into ambition thus they ended up trying to kill eachother. All the way to the end I expected Malak to say something about how much he had loved her... once... then Revan would have rammed her lightsaber through his eyesocket and taken over the galaxy!

That actually would've been very interesting. It would have given some depth to Malak. Now he's pretty linear, too "KILL! KILL! KILL!".

I went with male. Mainly because I feel the Bastila storyline fits very well with the whole theme of redemption and is beautifully foreshadowed by Jolee's line that goes something like "Love can save you, not condemn you". Revan turning Bastila back to the light because he loves her, her rejecting the Dark Side for that love, things like that, that's what Star Wars is about.

Although I will say that I don't think LucasArts should ever definitively specify what gender Revan is unless they absolutely have to. Its just better that way.

It would have given some depth to Malak. Now his pretty linear, too "KILL! KILL! KILL!".

You know I've always viewed Malak with something of an inferiority complex that resulted in him secretly hating Revan all those years together as Jedi. I mean imagine your Malak and whenever anyone refers to you, its always as Revan's lackey, his inferior, second-best. Then when you both become big bad Lords of the Sith, you're FORCED to become his apprentice, picture the humiliation. And even when you finally do get rid of Revan, people still say "Well, Malak betrayed Revan from far away because he was afraid to face him."

I think his armor begins to crack right before Malak dispatches the Star Forge's droids on Revan for the last time, he essentially rants about how he's overpassed you in every single way and that he's a greater Sith, and etc. Deep down he must have been ****ting in his pants seeing Revan walk up that ramp at the end to fight him.

I'm a guy but I use Female, So I can dump the whiner Carth with the Carth Hater mod!

Also Revan seems to be female anyways, Women are the REAL sith masters!

And I'm the last Sith LORD! (drools at the hordes of Sith women surrounding him)

Bwahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing::vamp1:

I'm still undecided. While I've never played Revan as a female I can definitely see how Revan could be a female. From what KotOR gives in the way of Revan's history I don't see anything that points toward Revan being either male or female. Maybe after I play TSL I'll have a different vibe but for now I haven't locked Revan into a specific gender. I just play Revan as a male because I'm a male. And I also think that because I'm not decided on Revan's gender this is just another shining reason why KotOR is such a well written RPG. The devs, for the most part, did a great job at keeping the script gender-neutral.

Now, I understand what others have said about LucasArts stating that the "canonical" Revan is LS male but until the KotOR storyline gets to the point where there is more evidence supporting or indicating Revan's gender I'm going to leave that as an undetermined item.

• 9 months later...

Female Revan- all the way. The male plot just was not as well-developed. Playing male, I never quite was able to ditch the suspicion that Bastila's "scuccumbing to my charms" wasn't more due to a combination of bottled-up hormones (it's not like she got to date in the Enclave) and the Force Bond. The Juhani arc was also a factor. She seemed more apt to find the face of her future in another woman. There's also the reversal-of-expectations factor. You hear all this talk about Revan, and you're expecting Attila the Hun. When the twist hits and you realize the truth's closer to Joan of Arc? That's just unheard-of levels of cool.

Male Exile - the female option in K2 was not quite as developed as the male Exile. Mical had so much potential, but Brianna had a better-defined story arc. Atris's unexpressed feelings and envy of the Exile for choosing the war (over her) also work better in explaining the sheer poison she's throwing at you.

Revan and the Exile should both be Male.

Can you actually see a Female Revan leading the Republic and several Jedi to destroy the Mandalorians?!

Can you actually see a Female Exile being a General that gave the order for activation of the Mass Shadow Generator?!

A Female Revan returning as Dark Lord of the Sith to destroy the Jedi?!

A Female Exile killing 3 Sith Lords?!

Desciple sucks too. I can continue with the list if you want.

Revan: Undecided, I've played as both Lightside Male and Lightside Female. While I think LSF gave a slightly better experience (the Bastila "romance" comes off as rather infantile to me, at least until near the end of the game), LSM gives better story immersion since some NPCs "slip" in their dialog and call Revan "he" no matter what gender you have picked. If you pick a female with the scoundrel appearance it also looks pretty funny if you stand next to Malak, since he's nearly twice as tall as Revan is. :)

Exile: Lightside Female is my preference here, though just barely. Atton is more interesting if the Exile is female and the Disciple can add quite a lot to the background of the story with his conversations (if only his voice wasn't so terribly annoying...) and gives additional insight into Kreia's motives and dealings. Sion having a crush on a female Exile is also rather funny, and more conflicted and less stereotypical than the typical "JEDI! ME HATE! KILL!!!" attitude most Sith are painted with.

The arc with Atris becomes better developed when the Exile is male though, with reoccuring cutscenes and the whole Handmaiden thing. As a character on her own Brianna the Handmaiden is less interesting than the Disciple though, she's about as dry as a clay hut in the Sahara desert and wouldn't recognize a sense of humor if it slapped her in the face. I'd suspect she's genetically incapable of smiling. :)

I always play a Male Revan, because I'm Male.

Are you also a former Jedi, force sensitive, altruistic (if LS) and skilled warrior? :) Don't see why the gender of a character you play in a game necessarily must match that of the player, since usually nothing else is similar between the two regardless of which gender you pick. :)

Can you actually see a Female Revan leading the Republic and several Jedi to destroy the Mandalorians?!

Can you actually see a Female Exile being a General that gave the order for activation of the Mass Shadow Generator?!

A Female Revan returning as Dark Lord of the Sith to destroy the Jedi?!

A Female Exile killing 3 Sith Lords?!

Yes, I can actually see that perfectly clear. What I don't see is why a person's gender would be a factor in any of those activities. Care to explain why you think so? :)

The factors I'd consider as essential for achieving those things would be ambition, personal charisma and leadership skill, a sharp intellect, good strategical/tactical ability and being a strong warrior. Things not too uncommon for a Jedi, and not something exclusive to the male gender.

Archived