294 members have voted

1. 1. Is Revan Male or Female

• Male
    • Female
    • I don`t care....

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say male, because as Pottsie said, Revan sounds like a man's name, plus, ingame, regardless of Revan's gender, he is referred to as the Dark Lord of the Sith, and in everything else, female Sith Lords are referred to as Dark Lady of the Sith.

In my book Revan's a male and no one can persuade me to think otherwise.

Why would anyone see the need to persuade you to think otherwise, when your viewpoint only affects your own (singleplayer) game? People have different preferences, and there is no single "correct" way to play the game. :)

Besides, as far as I know Revan's been canonized as a male, so in your faces female-Revan-lovers!!! :xp:

Which of course means nothing in the games, where Revan is the gender you pick at the beginning of the game. The EU "canon" is just a guideline for authors writing other licensed material based on the time period. It's not a "How to play KotOR" guide.

Besides, as far as I know Revan's been canonized as a male, so in your faces female-Revan-lovers!!! :xp:

:dozey:

-----

I am female so my Revan is female. She always has been and always will be and no one can convince me otherwise.

In fact I've never even completed a male Revan game because when it came to the romance dialog with Bastila, to me, it seemed so childish and puerile that I simply couldn't continue.

Also, the whole Malak connection makes more sense to me when Revan is female. Malak is a humongous guy that is wicked with a lightsaber and force use, why would he have followed Revan around like a puppy if Revan is male?

Plus, I just like the idea that Revan was this a$$ kicking FEMALE Sith Lord. Too cool! Star Wars needs more female villains --- besides ones that are so easy to beat that it's sad.

AND, I :hearteye: Carth! :xp:

Yah! Go female Revan! :queen

In fact I've never even completed a male Revan game because when it came to the romance dialog with Bastila, to me, it seemed so childish and puerile that I simply couldn't continue.

Actually, I felt the same way about the Carth romance. I suspect it is a gender thing rather than to do with the actual writing.

Also, the whole Malak connection makes more sense to me when Revan is female. Malak is a humongous guy that is wicked with a lightsaber and force use, why would he have followed Revan around like a puppy if Revan is male?

For the same reason that Vader served at the beck and call of an old decrepit man for more than two decades: his master was the stronger. Same goes for Malak. As soon as the oppurtunity to usurp their masters presented itself they both, or at least tried to, capitalize on it. Malak having a crush on a female Revan has potential, but there's nothing to support it.

For the same reason that Vader served at the beck and call of an old decrepit man for more than two decades: his master was the stronger. Same goes for Malak. As soon as the oppurtunity to usurp their masters presented itself they both, or at least tried to, capitalize on it. Malak having a crush on a female Revan has potential, but there's nothing to support it.

i agree. havent you heard of "size matters not", mjpb? i'm not trying to imply that revan cannot be female, but am just agreeing with the Green Goblin that revan was stronger, thats why he had a leash on Malak.

Apparently you two did not read my post correctly so I will highlight the most important part for you:

What I wrote is my opinion, and I am entitled to my own, thanks. MY Revan was, is, and always will be female because of some of the reasons I stated. It makes more sense TO ME that Revan is female.

I'm not trying to tell anyone how they should play their game or how their Revan should be, as no one should tell me how to play my game or how MY Revan should be.

I'm not trying to tell anyone how they should play their game or how their Revan should be, as no one should tell me how to play my game or how MY Revan should be.

I agree that no one should tell you how to play your game or how Revan/Exile is to you.

My Revan is also female because it makes more sense to me. My Exile is also female and it would stand to reason they were best friends or close friends which is why "Exile" followed Revan. The idea of Revan being male and Exile being female and she had some other agenda (like in fan fics) just irks me. BUT if that's how other people play it, that's fine. It's not how I play or imagine it.

The following comments are from a red-blooded heterosexual male (me) :xp:

Revan and the Exile should both be Male.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion on the subject.

Can you actually see a Female Revan leading the Republic and several Jedi to destroy the Mandalorians?!
Yes, I can.

Can you actually see a Female Exile being a General that gave the order for activation of the Mass Shadow Generator?!
Don't see why not.

A Female Revan returning as Dark Lord of the Sith to destroy the Jedi?!
Don't know how old you are and how much life experience you've had but I've seen some pretty vengeful women in my time, some real darksiders. So yeah, I have no problem envisioning a woman as a powerful Sith Lord.

A Female Exile killing 3 Sith Lords?!
If a man can kill 'em then there is no reason why a woman couldn't. As far as I know a lightsaber is an equal opportunity killing device. Or in other words it doesn't check for gender, species, race, etc. before it will slice through an opponent's body. We're not talking about something limited by gender, like childbirth. :p

Seems readily apparent that you perceive women as too weak to lead armies, be evil, and kill people. But from one male to another, I'm not using your myopic viewing glass. Sheeoot, if mjpb3 went over to the darkside though...

:freakout: ***shudders at the thought*** (;) @ mjpb3)

You go ahead and play the game however you want though, Mario1.

Seems readily apparent that you perceive women as too weak to lead armies, be evil, and kill people. But from one male to another, I'm not using your myopic viewing glass. Sheeoot, if mjpb3 went over to the darkside though...

:freakout: ***shudders at the thought*** (;) @ mjpb3)

Ah hahahaha! I just splorted tea all over myself! Thanks, I really needed that laugh! *snorts* :lol::giggle1:

wow someone likes playing female revan a lot, a little to much if u ask me *cough* *cough* mjpb *cough*

jk jk i feel the same way about revan only the oppisite. i never played as female i get 5 mins into the game and then i throw down the controller and say f this

i voted i dont care cause i dont care

wow someone likes playing female revan a lot, a little to much if u ask me *cough* *cough* mjpb *cough*

I'm not ashamed of it. I love playing female Revan! :emodanc: As I've already stated that is the only way I play. I tried male Revan once...and just once. :disaprove

Once again: Yah! Go female Revan! :queen

Whaaaa? What kind of question is this? It's obvious that Revan is whichever gender you play the game through as......so Revan isn't male or female.

Stupid question.

clever dick lol i agree with you but we cant get out of it that easily reven is stated being male and the exile female so in the next game you play as thier offspring (and that last bit was off topic but what the hell)

jk jk i feel the same way about revan only the oppisite. i never played as female i get 5 mins into the game and then i throw down the controller and say f this

i voted i dont care cause i dont care

honestly cant some people keep thier minds clean and not resort to smut :blast5: and my mum wonders why i dont hang aroud with any of my old friends from secondary school.

What I wrote is my opinion, and I am entitled to my own, thanks. MY Revan was, is, and always will be female because of some of the reasons I stated. It makes more sense TO ME that Revan is female.

And I wasn't attacking your opinion, I was addressing the sentence:

why would he have followed Revan around like a puppy if Revan is male?

Nowhere did I say, Revan couldn't be a woman because...

honestly cant some people keep thier minds clean and not resort to smut :blast5: and my mum wonders why i dont hang aroud with any of my old friends from secondary school.

whats that suppose to mean. in words i can understand. wtf is smut.explain!

and mjpb3 r u a feminist or something?

How did this even go to being a topic about whether I am a feminist or not? I thought it was supposed to be about Revan.

And just for the record, yes I support equality between the sexes, so call me a feminist if you will.

i guess u have to have some loyalty to your sex

Gee, do you think?

-----

I have stated my stance on Revan and how I perceive her. I suggest everyone get back on topic, or the mods will come swinging the hammer.

I generally like playing LSF, mainly because I like Carth and because I hate the 'kill, kill, and more indiscriminate kill' you have to do to get to DS.

However, I like to play every type at least once to get as much of the story as possible. You can't get some of the backstories on Disciple/Handmaiden (some of which contributes to the main story) without playing the opposite gender.

Other than that, I'm not going to worry about the gender of pixels. :)

Meh the thing I posted was just my opinion.Sorry if I offended anyone. I downloaded the cutted Alternate DS Female Ending and it was kinda cool but It just wasnt REVAN I really dunno why but I always view Revan as male.

Are you also a former Jedi, force sensitive, altruistic (if LS) and skilled warrior?

Yes. :wan:

LOL JK! ;P

Gee, do you think?

u dont have to get so testy.

i really dont care about all of this canon bs just play the game and be whatever sex u want to be. who cares

Revan435, did you even read the warning by ChAiNz.2da? The last post on the last page? I think not.

You are continuing to post off-topic and attempt to argue with mjpb3 after a warning was issued to post on-topic and to cease with the personal attack posts, this only serves to continue this. For the future you need to better follow a Moderators advice or your stay here will be a short one. Consider yourself warned. -RH

I enjoy playing as all four Revans (LS/DS, Male/Female), though I think I prefer playing female a bit more than male. As some others have stated, there aren't that many strong female characters in the star wars universe (I think they almost made a female sith lord in Ep III, but it never went through), so I think it's great you can play as a gal in Kotor. Though, I think I prefer breaking Carth's heart by going DS rather than staying LS. I'm so evil..... :dev9:

Archived