ILB

Is Revan Male or Female  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Is Revan Male or Female

• Male
    • Female
    • I don`t care....

I would say Revan is a Lightsided Male because:

1. It says so on Wookieepedia and Wookieepedia knows all!

2. It makes a better story with him falling in love with Bastila and all.

3. Because I want him to be.

P.S I think the Exile is a Woman though.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted female, because that's what I first played. That and I like the Revan/Carth romance better than the Revan/Bastila romance (that does not mean that I don't like Bastila though) .

However, polls like this will always be inaccurate. I mean there's actually a poll like this one over at KFM and female Rev has more votes. But I think that's because that's where the majority of female players have taken refuge. **shrug**

Revan's a lady in my universe. I can't bring myself to play KotOR with a male Revan because I played female first and I found the game so utterly immersive that I became Revan. And being female myself, that put the game much closer to me than any other RPG I've played.

Same situation here, except I'm a male and my Revan's a male. But that really puts the reasoning perfectly.

A bit off topic, I don't particularly care about the gender of the exile.

A male Hutt, or a female Hutt? :D

Some Hutts are hermaphrodite; NJO's Borga the Hutt

On topic: Revan' gender is off course what the player decides, but canonnically it is male.

sources: Leeland Chee, responsable for the Lucasfilm database has confirmed this at the Star Wars forums http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa?threadID=152583&start=420#11839253

Additionally in The new essential Chronology Revan is referred to as male, and ditto in the recent article about the Sith in Star Wars: the Official Magazine(UK).

Some Hutts are hermaphrodite; NJO's Borga the Hutt

*Wonders how Hutt's reproduce* *Shivers*

On topic: Revan' gender is off course what the player decides, but canonnically it is male.

Finally someone who gets it!

P.S The storyline makes more sense if Revan is a guy. Same goes for that the story makes more sense if the Exile is a Girl.

*Wonders how Hutt's reproduce* *Shivers*

Oh MY EYES!!! Why, oh why did you have to put that image in my head?!?!? :D

P.S The storyline makes more sense if Revan is a guy. Same goes for that the story makes more sense if the Exile is a Girl.

I disagree totally. Revan's story seems to work pretty well whether male or female, but for the Exile, the female version has to deal with the IMHO utter stupidity of Sion's love for the Exile - which is creepy and has no plot basis whatsoever - whereas it's obvious why Atris has feelings for the Exile (and which works well in the plot).

I voted female, because that's what I first played. That and I like the Revan/Carth romance better than the Revan/Bastila romance (that does not mean that I don't like Bastila though) .

However, polls like this will always be inaccurate. I mean there's actually a poll like this one over at KFM and female Rev has more votes. But I think that's because that's where the majority of female players have taken refuge. **shrug**

It'll never be an accurate poll because it's a self-selecting group of people voting, and this forum tends to be more heavily weighted with males and the average age of forumites is lower than the national average. So in a pure statistics sense it's completely worthless. As a discussion starter, however, it's a lot of fun and very worthwhile.

I like the Carth/Revan romance a lot better than the Bastila/Revan romance, too.

I have proof

You don't have proof. Whether Wikipedia and LA says Revan is a male character or not counts for nothing. Revan is whatever gender the player wants him to be. :)

And Wikipedia's not the most reliable source there is, either. I looked up the Franco-Prussian War, and found someone had written "i wanna go to france it sounds fun"

@Jae, your opinion is no doubt the result of your gender, as is mine. All male forumites I've seen post their opinions about the KotOR romances like the one with Bastila more, and all female forumites like the Carth one more. :) If we were to have a truly unbiased opinion (wait, that's redundant) on KotOR's romances, we'd have to get it from a hermaphrodite.

^^^^

Yeah, you should be careful with Wikipedia. It's a good source, but you can't trust it implicitly. For Star Wars, you're better off looking stuff up on Wookiepedia, which seems to be fairly accurate in most cases (that I know of, at least). But it does have the same "flaw" as Wikipedia does - anyone can edit it.

As for proof, yes, Revan is male LS according to canon. But Revan has no fixed gender or alignment in the games themselves. If he had, then you could not choose it in KotOR1 AND in KotOR2 as well. I mean, if Revan is definitely male LS, then why can you set Revan to DS female, DS male, or even LS female in your conversation with Atton in KotOR2? There would be no point...

@Jae, your opinion is no doubt the result of your gender, as is mine. All male forumites I've seen post their opinions about the KotOR romances like the one with Bastila more, and all female forumites like the Carth one more. :) If we were to have a truly unbiased opinion (wait, that's redundant) on KotOR's romances, we'd have to get it from a hermaphrodite.

I won't deny my gender bias. :)

Hermaphrodite commenting on genders would make my head explode from all the implications.

In regards to the "proof", it essentially depends on if we're talking about canon or just the player's personal Star Wars universe. If we're going to follow canon continuity, then Revan was a light side male who smooched Bastila, saved the Republic, ditched everyone, and bugged off to the Unknown Regions. But that's not to say that canon is the end-all be-all answer. Since Star Wars exists only in our imaginations (GASP!), it follows that however we imagine it is how it exists.

It'll never be an accurate poll because it's a self-selecting group of people voting, and this forum tends to be more heavily weighted with males and the average age of forumites is lower than the national average. So in a pure statistics sense it's completely worthless. As a discussion starter, however, it's a lot of fun and very worthwhile.

I like the Carth/Revan romance a lot better than the Bastila/Revan romance, too.

True, definitly more males here.

But I have no doubt, Kotor is played by more males as well. Almost all games are played by more males then females.

@Han sala

You are right, there have not been many female sith lords. Unfortunately (Kreia doesn't count, she's not evil the way other sithlords are).

I hope that's going to change, if female characters can be heroes, they can be villains as well. :D

True, definitly more males here.

But I have no doubt, Kotor is played by more males as well. Almost all games are played by more males then females.

@Han sala

You are right, there have not been many female sith lords. Unfortunately (Kreia doesn't count, she's not evil the way other sithlords are).

I hope that's going to change, if female characters can be heroes, they can be villains as well. :D

Maybe there is a twisted logic behind this. Women might be closer to the lightside of the Force than are men. Some societies have considered women closer to nature because they are seen as bringing life into this world. Mother Nature, Mother Earth, Fertility goddesses, anything to do with life. So maybe Star Wars women are just more intuned to the good of the Force. :thmbup1:

Or maybe like the real world, Star Wars women are just smarter than men. Women tend to more often than not, use their heads to deal with a life situation, while we guys tend to let our testosterone do the thinking. That silly thinking where we go, "I'm a man, no one can tell me what to do!" Then we end up speinding a night a jail. So maybe men are more susceptible to the Darkside because we are, well, stupid. :giggle1:

But the simplest answer is male chauvinism in Star Wars writers. They could never be threatened by a woman's power and instead resort to a females' powers of seduction to gain power. I guess women aren't seen as powerful enough to stand up to men. Like Traya against Nihilus and Sion. She had to be sneaky and treacherous to remove them both. :lightning

Whew this was long. :sweating:

Huh?!? How do you figure that? :Open2:

She hates the force and imposes her desire to harm over the well-being and lives of others, including innocent people. Looks evil to me. That she has a cause is secondary to the fact that she puts her own agenda over other people's lives. That's what being evil is. EVERYBODY has reasons for why they do their horrible deeds, even Palpatine, Vader, and whomever.

I guess you missed Lumiya - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lumiya

Or how about Atris?

She hates the force and imposes her desire to harm over the well-being and lives of others, including innocent people. {snip}

Kreia does seem like a Sith, and is one in terms of her views, ethics, and power, but the problem arises in how she hates the Force and wants to destroy it. I would say she's technically a Sith at best.

In addition to Lumiya, there also was Githany, Talon, Maladi, and the Exile. There are a suprising number of female Sith Lords.

Archived