1. 1. Is Revan Male or Female

• Male
    • Female
    • I don`t care....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, but this question is pointless as it has no right or wrong answer. Revan is whoever you want him/her to be.

Saying he/she is male and not female because of the Bastilla storyline is just silly, because if you play as a female, you can have a love story with Carth.

Saying he/she is male because you cannot have a female Sith Lord is just pathetic. Why not a female Sith Lord? Women can be just as evil as men, and if the story writers of KotOR didn't want a female Sith Lord, then they wouldn't give you the option to be female. Just because there hasn't been one before, doesn't mean there cannot be one. Fact is, there is one now if you choose to play as a female, so get used to it.

In case you haven't guessed, my Revan is female.

Just to emphasise

Revan is whoever you want him/her to be.

You can't get a feel for the game unless you play each side, dark and light.

but my revan is male...cuz I am, and so I don't get clipping issues with hooded robes.

But a lot of the female Revan dialouges are funny... if you are following the love story with carth (or if you are a female in general i think), take him when you talk to Tanis and the Gammoreans on Tatooine in the Lodge. Hilarity ensues :D

Well, considering Revan is the hero, I can understand that. But I couldn't really get into the character of a female Sith Lord who remains evil. I would always feel bad for her, and sympathize with her no matter what she did. With a guy I could happily say: "Die mother ****er!!". ;)

Maybe it's just me talking, but Revan as a person definitely feels rather female. I mean if I look at his/her "curiculum vitae" and the stuff he or she has done... 't just seems right to me that revan is a female. Just a feeling, nothing more.

just my two cents

My revan was male, but to me the gender doesnt really matter. Its the head. Every head, to me, is a new character. In the beginning, one of them just speaks to you. Thats revan, and you choose that one. I have played KotOR twice now, both time using the same head (for the second time I recolored the hair a bit). This happens with both the male and the female versions. For me, it was the Asian-ish head with gold hair.

Originally posted by Hiroki

Well, considering Revan is the hero, I can understand that. But I couldn't really get into the character of a female Sith Lord who remains evil. I would always feel bad for her, and sympathize with her no matter what she did. With a guy I could happily say: "Die mother ****er!!". ;)

that would be the idea. think about it: would you rather waste a lot of time and energy being "light side" and try to turn or kill a female sith lord??? and possibly get killed in the process???

or would you rather join with her and become a sith lord yourself??? of course, fatherhood would be a pleasant side-effect... :vamp1:

Originally posted by stingerhs

fatherhood would be a pleasant side-effect... :vamp1:

:eyeraise::eek:

Whoa. Thats like...

*attempts to rationalize Stingers comments* He wants to apprentice himself to Bastila...He wants to apprentice himself to Bastila */attempts to rationalize Stingers comments*

Personally (to get back on topic), you need to play both sides to get a good feel, but I like female dialouges over male dialouges.

Originally posted by DarthBuzzard

:eyeraise::eek:

Whoa. Thats like...

*attempts to rationalize Stingers comments* He wants to apprentice himself to Bastila...He wants to apprentice himself to Bastila */attempts to rationalize Stingers comments*

actually, i meant more of an equal relationship, which would fit the concept of marriage much more closely. any other explaination is totally supposition on your part. :p

Originally posted by Hiroki

Not to mention if you where her underling apprentice, you would have to kill her eventually...

hmm, perhaps you missed the fact that i would view the relationship as a marriage...

oh yeah, this is the good ol' u.s. of a where the divorce rate far surpasses the marriage rate....:rolleyes:

so i guess most people view marriage as temporary to begin with despite that whole "till DEATH do you part" thingie...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by stingerhs

so i guess most people view marriage as temporary to begin with despite that whole "till DEATH do you part" thingie...:rolleyes:

Ahh... that is also the way of the Dark Sith as well "Til Death do you part" and then the apprentice becomes the master... or the master seeks a new apprentice! :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

Ahh... that is also the way of the Dark Sith as well "Til Death do you part" and then the apprentice becomes the master... or the master seeks a new apprentice! :D

:rofl:

you know, i the thought crossed my mind a couple of minutes after i posted. oh well. :lol:

actually my point was that marriage would prevent the problem of killing off the one as a master. would it stop it entirely??? well, that would depend on the person. :)

i guess that would also open up the door for the debate on who would submit to who if the husband/apprentice was married to the wife/master??? would the husband/apprentice attack his wife/master for not making a meal??? or would the wife/master attack the husband/apprentice for disobeying orders???

just some critical thinking...:D

Archived