294 members have voted

1. 1. Is Revan Male or Female

• Male
    • Female
    • I don`t care....

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats supershadow crap. NEVER mention supershadow crap in my presence.

Actually you're both wrong. There was a plan for Darth Sidious' new apprentice in Episode II to be female, but they scrapped the idea, and they used the concept art from it to create Asajj Ventress.

Another reason for female Revan being my preference comes on Leviathan. We know Malak wants Bastila. We know Saul is going to end up as a corpse if he permanantly damages Bastila. However, the Republic soldier? Not a Jedi, and therefore of no importance to Malak. And the former lieutenant of Karath's? Hell yes, he's the one who's going to get the worst of it.

As for "he" and "Dark Lord?" Well, that armor conceals just about everything. So, if one does not know Revan, then it's simple to make the "A woman can't" assumption and believe it's a man under there. This works nicely to a female Revan's advantage, BTW. Kreia commented in K2 about how Revan could easily change clothing, blend in anywhere, and how useful it could be. Looking for a man in Jedi robes and packing a lightsaber? Well, it means you won't pay any attention to the slight woman in a combat suit and packing a blaster sneaking out the back.

Exile? He (pardon me, my preference is male Exile) appears to have been much more visible to the rank and file. Revan concealed anything - face, gender, alignment - under robes and masks. (Which made it a lot easier for the Jedi to pull off the change in ID). Revan and Malak led the war while concealing their hunt of the Forge. Exile was the public face of the Jedi who went to war. The Mandalorians recognize him. A former soldier on Peragus recognizes him. Bao-Dur recognizes him.

As for "he" and "Dark Lord?" Well, that armor conceals just about everything. So, if one does not know Revan, then it's simple to make the "A woman can't" assumption and believe it's a man under there. This works nicely to a female Revan's advantage, BTW. Kreia commented in K2 about how Revan could easily change clothing, blend in anywhere, and how useful it could be. Looking for a man in Jedi robes and packing a lightsaber? Well, it means you won't pay any attention to the slight woman in a combat suit and packing a blaster sneaking out the back.

That is logically true, but thinking carefully, people in the Kotor saga should all know if Revan is a male or female since he (let's just use he for convenience) is such a big figure at that time, hero of the republic, then a powerful Dark Lord, etc. Even his face can't be seen, there's still his voice. And at that time those who're hunting down Revan are Malak's pawns, so it's reasonable that they Do know Revan is a male or female, given that Malak does know.

Why does Revan disguise him/herself in robes and hood? That's pretty too heavily armoured for a jedi. It is as if he/she doesn't want people to know his/her real identity: gender, face, etc. Of course it has to be designed that way to fit the storyline, so that no one recognizes him/her as the dark lord when he walks around. But maybe there's another reason, that is people tend to underestimate a woman, and with a mask like that Revan, even if she's a she, does seem more powerful and convincing. And Revan as a mastermind must understand the fact that sometimes looks matter more than anything.

But personally, though I'm female I like to play Revan as male, because I think the Bastila romance is better executed than the Carth romance.

Playing male, I never quite was able to ditch the suspicion that Bastila's "scuccumbing to my charms" wasn't more due to a combination of bottled-up hormones (it's not like she got to date in the Enclave) and the Force Bond.

I don't think so. I think the developers tried to show that it wasn't so by adding the Bastila's mother quest, to show that Revan and Bastila did go through something before they fall for each other. After all, it's just a game and the journey just isn't long enough to manifest exactly how much they went through together. Personally, I think it suffices to be a beautiful love story when Revan redeemed Bastila with love.

I'm biased towards Revan Being male.

That being said, before I heard anything about KOTOR2's storyline

I thought a female Revan + the cut out LS ending would wrap up the story of Revan nicely.

What of K2 makes a female Revan more suitable? I often hear people say that but I don't understand why, anyone can explain?

Also, what's the cut out LS ending? Where can I take a look at all the cut material in K2?

Thanks.

What of K2 makes a female Revan more suitable? I often hear people say that but I don't understand why, anyone can explain?

Also, what's the cut out LS ending? Where can I take a look at all the cut material in K2?

Thanks.

What I meant was that the story was being continued in K2. In the cut lightside ending:

At the end of K1 instead of killing Carth, he convinces her to return to the light. They have to kill Bastila and end up going down with the Starforge. It kinda reminded me of Vader's sacrifice in ROTJ.

There was also a mod that restored this ending.

What I meant was that the story was being continued in K2. In the cut lightside ending:

At the end of K1 instead of killing Carth, he convinces her to return to the light. They have to kill Bastila and end up going down with the Starforge. It kinda reminded me of Vader's sacrifice in ROTJ.

The story is not being continued in K2 in this way...there'd be no Bastila and not even Carth and Revan then...wouldnt there?

The story is not being continued in K2 in this way...there'd be no Bastila and not even Carth and Revan then...wouldnt there?

To quote myself.

What I meant was that the story was being continued in K2.

Was referring to Revan's story.

That being said, before I heard anything about KOTOR2's storyline

I thought a female Revan + the cut out LS ending would wrap up the story of Revan nicely.

Revan and the Exile should both be Male.
I know you've had a lot of replies about your comments, but I have to make my say just so you can see that what you think can't happen, has actually happened in the Star Wars Universe.

Can you actually see a Female Revan leading the Republic and several Jedi to destroy the Mandalorians?!

Can you actually see a Female Exile being a General that gave the order for activation of the Mass Shadow Generator?!

If you watch ROTS, during Order 66, you can see Aayla Secura, and Stass Allie (both female Jedi), Generals in the Clone Wars. Luminara Unduli would have been a 3rd female Jedi shown killed by her Clone Trooper squad if that scene wasn't cut from the movie. Again, she was a General.

movie2_bg.jpg

A Female Revan returning as Dark Lord of the Sith to destroy the Jedi?!

A Female Exile killing 3 Sith Lords?!

Yes I can.

For one, Jedi being powerful was never based on the gender, rather than the amount of Midi-Chlorians they had in their body (watch TPM to understand this better). If a female Jedi has a very high count, she'll defiantly have potential to be a very powerful Jedi, regardless of gender. This applies to race, color, species, etc. Those things don't matter, it's the midi-chlorian count.

In general, why else would the Jedi Order use the female gender is they weren't capable of being great Jedi?

DID YOU KNOW??? That at one point George Lucas almost the role of Luke being a female (of course with a female name) and have a female be the Jedi hero (would have been an interesting idea since woman tend to be more compassionate than men generally and it would have fit well with the storyline of redeeming Anakin). You can discover this fact if you have the EMPIRE OF DREAMS segment on the bonus DVD you get with the Star Wars Trilogy on DVD that was released on September 21, 2004.

Revan is not "officially" anything other than what sex you choose for her/him. Revan is a customizable PC.

"Canonically" Revan is a LSM, but all that amounts to is that if Revan is written about in any form then s/he will be referred to as a LSM. That is all.

Male.

I cannot even imagine a female Revan.

Kotor is one of the few RPGs where I can strongly identify myself with the player character. And I am male...

Also to me, Revan is a male name. AND, the Bastila-Revan romance is just to much better than the Carth-Revan romance... the bond they share, that is just meant to be between a male and a female person, dont you think?

If I was female it would probably be the other way around.

Since i cant really indentify myself with the Exile, in "my" Kotor she is female.

About those saying Revan is canonically (spelled right? i guess not..) Light side male, all i can say is: Revan is whatever you choose him/her to be.

I would be pissed if Revan was considered to be female by developers, and I suppose female players would be as pissed if Revan was considered to be male.

Thats what I ment cannonically. I'm not trying to anger anyone. I actually play as a female just as much as male and a lot more people do the same so sorry if I offended you.

I'm not offended. Really. I would just like it to be clear to everyone that just because Revan is supposedly "canonically" a LSM, it really doesn't amount to zip unless Revan is written about in some form dealing with Star Wars.

All of the folks who always throw out the statements that begin, "Canonically, Revan is a male... blah blah blah..." or "Officially, Revan is a dude... blah blah blah..." ( :o ) apparently don't know or don't care that all the "canonization" of Revan means is that in reference Revan would be referred to as male... and that's about it.

"Canonically" Revan is a LSM, but all that amounts to is that if Revan is written about in any form then s/he will be referred to as a LSM. That is all.

Don't know where this "canon" came from. Maybe I missed the boat somewhere... My copy of TSL defaults to DSF, unless my PC corrects Atton.

Personally though, I've played both, but I prefer to play a male Revan. 'Course, that's probably because I have some trouble role-playing the part of someone who has the hots for Carth.

*shiver* Gives me the heebie-jeebies...

Don't know where this "canon" came from.

Wiki/Wookieepedia - need I say more? :roleyess:

Personally though, I've played both, but I prefer to play a male Revan. 'Course, that's probably because I have some trouble role-playing the part of someone who has the hots for Carth.

*shiver* Gives me the heebie-jeebies...

Maybe for you, but I found the romance with Carth lots more gratifying than the Bastila/male PC romance.

But then again, I am female so I would like the Carth romance better, right? That's the beauty of how Bioware wrote and presented the different storylines for both versions - they appeal to their targeted audience precisely as they should.

That is why "canonizing" either/or version of Revan is ridiculous. It unequivocally shuts out the other half of how the story plays out for Revan. That is why I am completely against any "canonization" of Revan (and/or Exile).

Archived