Home

Kadoo WIP

tFighterPilot

Originally posted by tFighterPilot

You won't see him closing his mouth much... I... had a little prolem with the weighting, it doesn't look so good when he closes his mouth.

Do you think he should wig his tail? Cuz I made a tail bone.

you could put a bar in the mouth like tauntauns have, also you could move the tail but not too much cuz is too small, as i made with nuna, you should do very small movements of the tail going up or down, but you could make some movements of the tail going to left&right

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok let me clear somethign up then. The actual bones a gla uses is determined by if something is weighted to said bone.

If you don't weight something to the arm bones they won't show up in the gla after you compile.

Also, the xsi skeleton's can be editted. And I beleive you can use the merge animation option of 3ds max to copy animations from other files.

And last but not least. Character studio. Set up a Biped over the base skeleton and use constraints to constrain the bones to the Biped. Then you have the power of Biped. :) I beleive PsykoSith is attempting to use this, as well as myself on the humanoid skeleton.

Originally posted by keshire

Ok let me clear somethign up then. The actual bones a gla uses is determined by if something is weighted to said bone.

If you don't weight something to the arm bones they won't show up in the gla after you compile.

Also, the xsi skeleton's can be editted. And I beleive you can use the merge animation option of 3ds max to copy animations from other files.

And last but not least. Character studio. Set up a Biped over the base skeleton and use constraints to constrain the bones to the Biped. Then you have the power of Biped. :) I beleive PsykoSith is attempting to use this, as well as myself on the humanoid skeleton.

You didn't understand the problem. The animations should be different, because he doesn't have arms, cuz some of the animations depends on it. Also, he walks differently, and stands differently.

What the heck is that? Is the creature jumping??? Anyway, the walking animation is still wrong/uncomplete. Check how an ostrich walks. For instance, the feet don't stay parallel to the ground when the ostrich bends his leg to walk. Also, make the animal lift the feet a little higher from the groun, those animals have long strides, even when they're just walking.

Originally posted by CortoCG

What the heck is that? Is the creature jumping??? Anyway, the walking animation is still wrong/uncomplete. Check how an ostrich walks. For instance, the feet don't stay parallel to the ground when the ostrich bends his leg to walk. Also, make the animal lift the feet a little higher from the groun, those animals have long strides, even when they're just walking.

Not jumping, hopping, that's what Kaadus do. Look at the movie.

I'll make the feet move higher and farther in the walk animation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived