Home

WIP: Droid Starfighter

PR-0927

Post some wireframe screenshots, so we can see the real deal, how was the droid starfighter modelled.

:p lol. I'm sure you can already tell how he did it. Looks like simple primitives. But can't really expect a 3d mona lisa with the amount of experience he has.

Looks decent enough. Its to the point now that a "good" skin can hide any flaws. A "bad" skin will only make them worse. So how's your uv mapping skillz?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My UVW Mapping skills...I don't know how to. KOTOMRJay is going to help me with that. I'm hoping a good skinner will skin it, so it covers up the flaws. But, what flaws are you seeing?!?! I wanna fix it as much as I can.

Wiremesh...I'm using GMAX, how do I get to that?!?!

Is UVW Mapping really hard?!?!

:fett:

Originally posted by Majin Revan

My UVW Mapping skills...I don't know how to. KOTOMRJay is going to help me with that. I'm hoping a good skinner will skin it, so it covers up the flaws. But, what flaws are you seeing?!?! I wanna fix it as much as I can.

Wiremesh...I'm using GMAX, how do I get to that?!?!

Is UVW Mapping really hard?!?!

right click in the top left edge of the screen and choose wireframe

Originally posted by CortoCG

My goodness, you're abusing the polycount there. The wings and th cockpit use waaaay too many polygons, too many sudivisions. Redo them with less subdivs.

Indeed!

Remember that less polygons don't make less smooth models, REMEMBER THE KAADU!

Sorry, I am not gonna redo the cockpit. I can't make it look like what it looks like right now again, it took me forever to do anyway. It's the best I can do.

The wings were made from boxes, and I think they are the best that I have done, and can do.

The poly/face count isn't too high, it is 2416. I can lower it easily soon.

Sorry, I am not gonna redo the cockpit. I can't make it look like what it looks like right now again, it took me forever to do anyway. It's the best I can do.

What? It looks like a non-uniform scaled sphere to me. Besides, the problem is not the shape, but the polygon count. For a ship of that level of detail, 2416 polygons is a lot.

It's still your model, so you're free to do whatever you like, no need to apologize.

Originally posted by TK-8252

That's very impressive, Majin, especially for a beginner modeller.

Keep up the good work. :)

Thank you TK-8252.

CortoCG, could you tell me how to make the cockpit?!?! I really had trouble getting it back to what it looked like in the earlier version (the one that got corrupted).

As for the ploygon count, it's gonna go a lot higher today, but, I'll get it lower again. I need to add more detail to the guns and I need to add chunks to the wings.

Archived