Home

Rain Song

Skinkie

And my experiment is complete, people will opt for the worse when all I said was one word. I could have been saying dude in a "dude that's awsome!" kind of way, (which I was) but Thrik thought I actually disagreed with his tastes and wondered why on earth he would like music like that.

And for some reason, SamNMax saying "um" seemed to start this whole argument, which i think is weird as SamNMax may have just been expressing his confusion to the situation and total lack of understanding as to what's going on. No Offense :p

The truth is, I also like movie soundtracks, and this isn't confined to songs that played during the movie, as that's just a compilation album with a movie to back up the sales ;) but the actual music that goes behind the pictures (like John williams, or John Powel)) reason being that i'm an extremely visually driven person and I like to put pictures to sound and music. I can usually listen to a music album (not movie soundtrack) and create situations and pictorial sequences around them, this is me. And heavy metal is usually a great meduim for this (I find it increasingly hard to do this with pop music, but this is my own bad thing, not a reason to hate it).

But now I have to say something to das, because everyone else did. First of all, I'm perfectly fine with Christina Millian being "fly" and me. Not of course I'd really like to know your definition of "fly".

Secondly, I'd like to point out that there are many different types of music beyond country, jazz, easy listening, classical and of course pop. Barring Jazz, I don't like any of them either (I like bits of pop, but only the bits that actually get through from other genre's). Just because you've listened to all of thos listed above diesn't mean you've listened to all different types of music.

Thirdly, A lot of the music you listen to now are renditions or covers of old, good music. You said that if you were to listen to music music from a decade ago, you're 100% sure you'd hate it. Without listening to it, you can't claim that, just getting the gist with a few of the songs isn't good enough either considering the 90's is when all different types of music started uprooting and coming out. And much of todays music is based upon good 90's tunes.

Finally, the whole TRL and top 40's music chart is largely populated with pop songs. Let's also show that pop, meaning popular means that they try and grab more people into it to make it popular. The late Hearsay only got to number one first off because of the tv show "Popstars" and their career slowly declined because the novelty wore off and people found out that they were crap. The reason that such things are populated with pop music is because the industry judges everything against pop music standards. This I don't like. Some people like punk music and dislike pop music. they are both very differnt types of music, and yet Punk is rated against a pop music scale, which is wrong. It's like they've got a set of rules for good music, but that only comes up with pop music, and so because punk doesn't adhear to those rules, they aren't allowed in the charts, and that's just wrong. I feel slightl quezy when songs like "the Ketchup Song" get to number one whilst actualy good songs linger around the bottom of the charts, or noth there at all, simply because som excitably little girls thought it was fun dancing to the song and learning to moves whilst drunk in a club.

But then again, that's the music industry, isn't it?

A guy couldn't get a job because he was black. But hey, that's life isn't it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude.

Dark Side is amazing. It far surpasses almost everything else Pink Floyd produced in thier career.

However, I'm rather partial to the cynical bitterness that is Animals. What a nasty little album that is. :)

Yeah,.. it's the most Roger-centric album I think they made. It really forshadowed the themes that would dominate Roger Waters' post-Floyd career.

And the Orwellian imagery really makes the album for me. Pigs, dogs and sheep? Genius.

Originally posted by RayJones

tya.. guess why i am invited to the lads place every 5 minutes while you go once to the gents in the afternoon playing five against willy. dont deny it, i have the webaddress of your camera.

Dude, you've got Dr Eds web address there, I'm the guy who gets invited to the girls place every five minutes whilst you go to the gents and wonder why you're all single.

Archived