Home

What political party do you belong to?!?! (U.S. Only)

PR-0927

What political party do you belong to?!?!  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What political party do you belong to?!?!

• Democrat
    • Republican
    • Green
    • Independant
    • Other/I don't know.

What I think about voting one way or the other:

"For myself, I have solved this political dilemma in a very direct way. On Election Day, I stay home. two reasons:first of all, voting is meaningless;this country was bought and paid for a long time ago.That empty **** they shuffle around and repackage every four years doesn't mean a thing. Second, I don't vote, because I firmly beleive that if you vote, you have no right to complain. I know some people like to twist that around and say, 'If you don't vote, you have no right to complain.'But where's the logic in that? Think it through: if you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent politicians, and they screw things up, then you are responsible for what they've done. You voted them in. You caused the problem. You have no right to complain. I, on the other hand, who did not vote-who, in fact, did not even leave the house on election Day-am in no way responsible for what these politicians have done and have every right to complain as loud as I want, about the mess you created. Which I had nothing to do with. Why can't people see that?"-George Carlin

BTW, I don't think that just because he does. I just happen to agree.

cynical much? :D

I happen to agree with you though, so i must be cynical too. It makes very little difference who you vote for, and the political classes have become so detached from the population and attached to big business that they are both basically the same party with a different skin.

And with most companies funding BOTH parties it makes no difference who wins, the policies won't change much.

At least by abstaining you can register a protest by reducing the turnout. Evenually thay are going to have to realise that the turnout is so low that something will have to be done.

What i really want is a "none of the above" option on my ballot paper....

Originally posted by toms

so detached from the population and attached to big business that they are both basically the same party with a different skin.

And with most companies funding BOTH parties it makes no difference who wins, the policies won't change much.

I agree ... but Big business isn't limited to 'inc' entities.

NAACP is a big business, the so-called gay rights organizations are big business, Teachers unions are big business, all of these so called 'populist' organizations are big businesses - some bigger than any individual corporate entity - all bent on changing things in their own way to benefit *their* stockholders ... in the supposed name of the people.

Mike

probably. It has come to the point where if you don't have a high powered lobbying group, a lot of political donations and a politically biased think-tank behind you, no one will listen to your views.

i'd settle for a "yoda" option on my ballot...:D

Archived