Home

What type of music genre is your favorite?!?!

PR-0927

What type of music do you listen to?!?!  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What type of music do you listen to?!?!

• Modern Rock
    • Old Rock
    • Modern & Old Rock
    • Rap
    • Pop
    • Country
    • New R&B
    • Non-American Music
    • Techno
    • Other

Originally posted by ET Warrior

• If I dont view myself as a man, does that make me a woman? Or just a man with delusions.......
  • That's not true, lots of people see them as more poppy than rock
  • False generalization, screaming does not make you a hard rock band
  • another false generalization, plenty of "pop" bands play their own instruments.

Your talking about Linking Park not being "soft-rock" is akin to those punk-wannabe kids who think that Sum41 and mxpx and Good Charrolette are hardcore punk bands :dozey:

OMFG! If I start a metal church, will you come preach at it ET? I fookin' love you now!

Anyways, if you can't decide if your favorite group/singer/rapper/jackass qualifies as pop or not, ask yourself this simple question: Do I hear my favorite "artist" on the radio constantly? If you answered yes, your favorite flavor of the week is a poop...I mean POP sensation simply because the term pop is a derivitive of the word popular. And if it's on the radio alot, it's popular. So Linkin Park has tricked you into thinking they are metal, and nothing more, my gullible friend. Please excercise caution in dealing with this obviously crappy and deceitful band in the future.

PS. Just because they have a rapper in the band, doesn't make them less pop, and more metal. In fact, since rap is the current POPULAR music, it makes them MORE pop. And more poop.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Majin Revan

And...I hate all other music from other countries. I really hate Indian music, even though I'm Indian. :p

:fett:

You... You... Betrayer!!!!

I like all sorts of Gothic music, Death Metal, Black Metal, Heavy Metal, Viking Metal and Classical/Rock hybrid. (Electric Guitar with piano and violins!)

Har Ghadi Badal Rahi He, khup zindagi

Chaav he kahi, kahi he dhoop aur kahi,

jo hain saman, kal ho na ho...

Don't really care about genre's. Hell, my favorite bands are Nirvana, Linkin Park, Sting, and Final Fantasy VII(Alright, so it's not a band. Sue me, Nobuo Uematsu is a mastermind).

(I didn't know Linkin Park was metal or pop, I thought all along it was Techno. :p)

In fact, since rap is the current POPULAR music, it makes them MORE pop. And more poop.

The world's a strange place when success is equated to being poop.:rolleyes:

'course, there's Britney Spears and N'sync...yeah, I'll eat my words and say the world's screwed up horribly. :(

*Sigh...*

Linkin Park is officially rock. I never said hard/heavy rock, did I? If so, oops...

They are hybrid/rock/techno, with a Japanese rapper (and a Chinese or Japanese disc-jockey/music video creator)!!

BTW- Sabretooth!! I'm not a betrayer, I think...(the lyrics...I DIDN'T READ THEM!!).

:fett:

Originally posted by ckcsaber

Your poll should be re-titled: What type of POP music is your favorite.

That might be a bit narrow, but I think that the rock genre has been over sub-classed in this poll.

I see:

- Pop

- Rock

- R&B/Rap

- Country

- Jazz

- Classical

... and probably others for electronica and non-western forms.

As for Rock, it encompasses most stuff here. Age of people making music, or of the music itself doesn't impact content, so 'old' or 'modern' are nonsensical distinctions. Hard rock is rock. Punk, aka punk rock ... is rock. Metal is rock, making death metal ... rock. Alternative rock ... is rock.

Pop is a broad-reaching category as well, and pretty tough to place boundaries on. For instance, I call the Police 'rock', and also the first of Sting's solo albums, but he is squarely 'pop' now.

I put R&B and Rap (and hip-hop or whatever) together ... they could be separate.

When I look on my iPod, I'm not surprised to see that the overwhelming majority of my stuff is Jazz. Then rock, classical, soundtracks, hip-hop, pop, and so on.

Mike

I like...

AC/DC, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, the Beatles, Elvis Presley, The Rolling Stones, Hel, The Strokes, and Eric Clapton.

I'm mostly into Old Rock and Oldies in general, but those are my favorites.

Oh and...

I LOVE YOU ET! LET'S BECOME LOVERS!

:p Joking, but I really agree with everything you said.

I'm with txa. I look at my itunes list, and a good 1/3 of the 5000 songs there are jazz and funk.

I have a pretty diverse taste in music. But I detest rap.

I'll post up the more prominant artists who pepper my playlist.

Apollo 440

The Avalanches ***

Basement Jaxx

Ben Folds Five

The Butterfly Effect ***

Daft Punk

The Dandy Warhols

The Doors

Epicure ***

Franz Ferdinand

Grinspoon ***

Groove Armada

Jamiroquai

Jeff Buckley

John Butler Trio ***

The Mars Volta

Metallica

Nine Inch Nails

Placebo

Portishead

PowderFinger ***

Scissor Sisters

Smashing Pumpkins

Something for Kate ***

System of a Down

Vast

The Vines ***

The White Stripes

The Whitlams ***

Wilco

Zephyr Timbre ***

The ones with stars next to them are australian bands. You should all check them out, if you havent heard them already :p

I should probably post up a list of their better songs, so you dont download their average songs and go "errrrrrr..."

I'm not trying to shove our music down your throat. I just listen to a lot of Australian music :p:)

Originally posted by GonkH8er

System of a Down

I likes me some System of a Down......favorite song Gonk?

I LOVE YOU ET! LET'S BECOME LOVERS!

:eek: I could use a new lover...

<_<

>_>

Good thing my girlfriend isn't nerdy enough to post here with us, not sure how Kain does it ;)

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

I never claimed to speak for the "world" :rolleyes:. That's just my opinion. It can be taken or left. The ammount of sleep I get will be the same, whichever way you go with it. :)

Ah yes, I suffer from insomnia due to some colostomy(yes, I know what it is) freak's raving delusion that his opinion actually matters.;)

Now on the other hand, that damn "True-Live.Love.Learn." ad is making me an insomniac.

:p

powderfinger rule.... :D

I'm not sure you can do this sort of thing with a poll. I'd probably have to pick "modern rock" if i voted... but that could range from dire rubbish like limp bizkit or linkin park all thr way through stuff like the darkness up to muse or whatever.

I just like bands/singers that are GOOD, original, have a unique sound or something to say... whatever the genre.

Just cos i like one "old rock" band doesn't mean i like others, just cos i like Snow Patrol doesn't mean i like Keane, just cos i hate most manufactured pop doesn't mean i can't appreciate the odd good bit that comes along.

Current favourites include Muse, Led Zep, White Stripes, Snow Patrol, Joss Stone, Nelly Furtado, Audioslave, Foo fighters, Kylie, Love, Nirvana, old rhcp stuff, beastie boys, jamie cullum, faithless and others...

Compartmentalising stuff into genres leads to all the copycat rubbish the music industry churns out that has lead a big decline in decent bands over the last few years.

Horror Punk - The Misfits

east coast punk - Anti-Flag, Rancid, Bad Religion, The Unseen, Thursday

Skate punk - AFI (92-95), Bouncing Souls, The Distillers

Indie Rock - Violent Femmes, Black Cats.

Heavy Metal - Anthrax, Motorhead, Judas Priest

Rap - Tupac, Beastie Boys, Bone Thugs n Harmony

Classic rock - Led Zepplin, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, KISS, Pink Floyd, Eric Clapton/cream, The Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, Roky Erickson, The Beatles

Jazz - Miles Davis, Yoko Kanno

Blues - Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, B.B. King

Funk - Kool and the Gang (jungle boogie), James Brown

Other - Stevie Ray Vaugh ( he's a difficult man to tie to a genre ;) )

Raggae - Bob Marley

Japanese techno punk - Mad Capsule markets

J-rock - X japan

Trance - DJ doboy, DJ tiesto, DJ Ciacomix, Ocean Lab, DJ Foggy, DJ Panda

Hard Trance - DJ Dean

Emo - Dashboard Confessional, Weezer

Punk - The Plasmatics, The Clash, Black Flag, The Ramones

I have others, but I can't think worth sh*t right now x_x

PS: Linkin Park is horrible. and Justin Timberlake screams a lot, does that make him rock?

Originally posted by InsaneSith

PS: Linkin Park is horrible. and Justin Timberlake screams a lot, does that make him rock?

Linkin Park is good, especially for walking your dog. I love those benches and flowers!

Timberlake totally stones man! (Or does he pebble?)

Archived