Home

The Rising Empire: Chapter 1, Part 1 (Almost done)

Antizac

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, here's some more screenshots of the Tram Station.

I really just need a main entrance/exit, out of this place, then I'm done. The blank wall, in the back (not pictured), up the stairs, is where the exit will be.

15780.jpg

I also slapped a Coruscant texture, on the hologram, from one of the planets, I'm using in the rendered cutscenes.

15781.jpg

And this here, is the lowest level, where the tram is - it's supposed to look this bad, by the way. It's one of the scummier parts of Coruscant.

15782.jpg

Well, comment away...

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some more updates. I resumed normal mapping, today and added a scene, that can be put prettymuch anywhere...

Screenshots of Vader, awaiting his master's return from an Imperial Senate, hearing.

15844.jpg

15843.jpg

15845.jpg

I'm gonna have the Emperor's gaurds, standing outside the door, eventually - just getting the camera angles for right now.

And ignore the skybox (not the buildings, the Skybox), I'm gonna render a nicer one soon...

Hey Antizac,

I heard about this project a year or two back, I have to say I'm quite impressed by the Coruscant look. I hope to see the lvl released shortly. Even if it's not perfect I wouldn't tell a difference.;)

Kessno11____________________________________________

Jedi Code, There is no emotion, there is peace, there is no passion, there is serenity, there is no anger there is harmony, there is no death, there is the FORCE.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Check out The Rising Empire webpage - I actually made an effort to update it - it looks half-way decent too.

I also went through the process of typing out a quick/rough (spoiler-free) back-story for The Rising Empire, giving you a much better idea of who Jarron is, and how he fits into the Star Wars Universe...

It basically just outlines the events surrounding Jarron, that lead up to The Rising Empire...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hehe. I wish...

...I have to settle for mediocre voice-talent...myself, actually...

Schrub - To answer your question, It's about 30-40% done as a whole (Chapters 1,2,& 3 - I have pieces of Chapters 2 & 3 already completed)

But this current Chapter, 1, is gonna be released first, and it's about 75-80% done. It's mostly scripting, that's left. (and it's very boring)

Well, it's been awhile, but here's some updates - mostly from places that have already been showcased...

From the Beginning:

A fairly new Corellian ship exits hyperspace...and is the subject of a current project, being developed at the Imperial Research Facility on Coruscant.

14974.jpg

Darth Vader, disapproving of the General's presentation, and the project's early unveiling...

16429.jpg

16430.jpg

Meanwhile, our main character, Jarron, awakens from his long tram ride...

16431.jpg

And makes his way through the station...

16432.jpg

...to the security checkpoint...

16433.jpg

...Finally, to the surface...

16434.jpg

Cheap run-down government funded apartments, strip clubs, and anything else in a place, a sensible self-respecting sentient-being shouldn't be...

16435.jpg

16436.jpg

16437.jpg

...to meet-up with someone...

...And at some point he ends up in this cheap lodging-suite, where he's briefed on his mission objectives...

16438.jpg

Yes, those Shades, actually work, and the background buildings (the ones you'll never set foot on) are all misc .md3 models, with the lowest polycount possible (during compile, the polys would always be divided up too much) so, this makes things, overall, faster...

comments?

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback/replies, everyone... And by everyone, I mean Prime. (and yes, everyone after my post prior to that)...

...it's been awhile, because I've been procrastinating, and trying to lead less of a secluded lifestyle...

Anyway here's what happens when I procrastinate:

WIP images of the Imperial City in Chapter 3:

16465.jpg

It's basically just the buildings, near the sea-port (which will be 3 times larger, than it is now). The more extravagant, gothic-architectural buildings are gonna be farther back from the sea, closer to the cliff face, that the entire 3,000 year-old palace is built into...

16466.jpg

Yes, I'm fully aware that the buildings suck, and are a just a bunch of painted boxes - it's purposely done.The buildings are placeholders - it's a Work In Progress, and there's gonna be 3 times the buildings there are now, with more detail. I'm not really asking for criticism, on the architecture, just yet, I'm just looking for criticism, on the concept - the pictures are like an animatic for a film. Boxes, and shapes, just giving you a basic idea of the final product - even though the pictures don't even begin to do the final product justice - buildings are gonna be much more detialed, and the background should be surrounded, by a cliff, with a palace to the West, and the ocean to the east....

...if you can use you imagination...what do you think of the idea, and the concept?

Chapters 2 and 3 are gonna be finished before the first one, at this rate...

not likely...But scripting is SOOOO boring, and time-consuming...

You're probably wondering how these two totally diferent environments come together in the story. Well, all I'm gonna say for now (and until I've released Chapter 1), is - this medival-gothic-renaissance/pre-industrial, type planet, that the main characters crash-land on - is in an uncharted territory beyond the outer-rim, on the bordering edge of a small, neighboring star-cluster.

The systems' planets in the cluster have always been unquestionably labeled, as lifeless rocks by scout probes, so none of the exploration organizations have bothered to make a 2-year hyperspace jump, just to explore the barren systems. Due to this fact, the pre-industrialized civilizations that populate the planet, have had no contact with any outside worlds...

Anyway, that's most of the logic behind it. But there's a huge back-story, of how these people came into being, on this planet, that the two main characters will crash on...

At this point, I just wish I could afford actors, so I can make this into a fan-film (I almost hate to call it that), it would take less time to make...

...I just wish I could project images from my head, and tell the story, that way.

Anyway, until that technology becomes available, I'm gonna keep working...

...Back to scrpting - for Chapter 1...

Just when I thought there was no more inspiration to continue my own project... I see this... and it inspires me to work hard. Or at least to learn some modeling skills. This is a ****ing AWESOME project, I can't wait to see the release. If there's a good JA SP levelset, it's this one.

Sorry to say good, no word can truly do it justice. Perfect is too much; there's only one perfect thing. Excellent isn't enough... ah, the terrible limitations of the English Language!

Oh, and I want your video card...

• 5 months later...

You, know it's funny....most days I'd say "yes"...

...but just today, for the first time, I'm not sure.

Girls - they sure know how to mess with your head...

...maybe that's whay I was avoiding them for the last couple years...

Ask me some other time...

This is an update, as of March 22:

I started fiddling around with my skybox in 3DS Max, and next thing I know, I'm re-arranging everything, moving the buildings closer to the perspective and moving all the seperate sections to different heights...

....needless to say, once I got it rendered, and in the game...it kicks ass. I can't even believe how much more depth it has now...

16661.jpg

16662.jpg

16663.jpg

16664.jpg

Archived