Home

In my opinion, in JA mod there must be some nessesary properties...

Cyrus_AVN

In my opinion, in JA mod there must be some nessesary properties... (Part I: Force Usage)

Current force usage makes the gameplay 'best jumper wins' in lightsaber combat. It causes a view far from the movies. Every bodies jumping in the air and running everywhere. Just like olympic games, many athletics with sabers:)

To solve this problem a force focus time will be added. Ex: Player will press the button until force jump level bar is full, the later relases the button the higher he jumps(level 3 if avaliable).

If he relases the button in a short period he uses level 1 force jump and if he releases the button after a long time he uses level 3 force jump.

'Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight' and 'Mysteries Of The Sith' expansion pack uses this sistem and I think these games have better gaming experience for players!

Well... But I need help:( How can I edit force powers or where can I start?

I don't know, I like the JKO/JKA system much better than the JK1 system, it was too much of a pain to do jumps correctly.

My alternative is that you have to crouch before doing big vertical jumps. It's not really a charging time but it does add a slight warm up to the big jumps.

Anyway, post on the JKA coding forums for coding help. This isn't the place for that.

Originally posted by Gotaiken

I like the crouch before big jump idea very good, very good indeed.

I had it like that in one version of my own mod (Other ways

it worked fine but "too often" when I tried to jump I end up

rolling... :(

• 3 weeks later...
Current force usage makes the gameplay 'best jumper wins' in lightsaber combat. It causes a view far from the movies. Every bodies jumping in the air and running everywhere. Just like olympic games, many athletics with sabers

hmmm instead of solving it by changing force jumps shouldn't you be changing somthing about the lightsaber combat?? how about completely disable saber defense while in mid air? I really dont see how anyone can block/parry while their foot is not stepping on solid ground... and whats with the title of this thread, I thought you wanna make some common protocols/standards for JA mods but ur just looking for sum1 to code ur stuff.... :confused:

Archived