Home

annoying commercials

RicardoLuigi...

i actually liked the levi's commercial with the "blind" old man and the criminal chick.

man..

what a behind..

:D

or the "shaggy" one wasnt bad either.

commercials i dislike are definitly those for cosmetics. the text never fits to the lips. it's so damn stupid if you see it with closed eyes and your back turned to the teevee that the words you hear arent synchronous to the lips you see moving.

Living in a hindu household, i'm someitmes subjected to watchin asian TV with my parents, which is annoying as hell considering they have no idea how TV works (Someones just saw the dog run out of the house, cue overly dramatic music, then two minutes of ranting and raving followed by a song and dance). But Yesterday, I saw the worst advert in the world. ctually, i wasn't really watching and I just caught the last words, but... come on. Some sort of food, with the words "Buy it with your eye's closed, eat it with your eyes closed."

WTF?!

Originally posted by Joshi

"Buy it with your eye's closed, eat it with your eyes closed."

Hmmm... that doesn't really seem like such great advice when picking out food. I mean; How do they know I will end up picking out thier product and not just grabbing some competitor's product off the shelf by accident? Unless it smells so distinctive (or foul) that there's simply no mistaking it in the store. And why don't I want to see it? Does it look so repulsive that no rational human being would ever put it in thier mouths?

Not a good sign... a slogan like that raises red-flags everwhere. And I really worry about anyone who would buy it based on a slogan like that...

Originally posted by Das Mole

:¬:

if you think i don't know what "fag" or "faggot" means, and want to tell me by saying that...i'm not a moron.

it's just out of frustration.

and, have you seen this commercial? i mean, come on.

I know. The oppertunity was too good to pass up.

first response pregnancy test commerical.

*bangs head into wall*

there's no such thing as being "just a little bit pregnant". you are, or you aren't. you can have just "a little bit" of the pregnancy hormone, but you can't be a little bit pregnant. that girl is an asswipe.

Originally posted by edlib

Hmmm... that doesn't really seem like such great advice when picking out food. I mean; How do they know I will end up picking out thier product and not just grabbing some competitor's product off the shelf by accident? Unless it smells so distinctive (or foul) that there's simply no mistaking it in the store. And why don't I want to see it? Does it look so repulsive that no rational human being would ever put it in thier mouths?

Not a good sign... a slogan like that raises red-flags everwhere. And I really worry about anyone who would buy it based on a slogan like that...

That's Bollywood for you. Infact, that's India for you, they rock with technology (you'd be surprised, they're not as behind as you'd think), have a great economy and sprout some of the best scientific minds in the world. But they don't know **** about marketing!

Actually, I know a whole buncha genius Indian high-techies. It doesn't surprise me at all.

But I worked a Bollywood talent-show/ beauty-pagent/ concert-type thing in Boston once, and I know what you mean about the marketing... pretty amaturish, although they had a budget most promoters would kill for.

I remember going to the huge London temple once for prayer, thousands of people, ad in the end, you end up in this big room, where you eat and pray and listen to song and everything. Anyway, as apose to haveing real fires (they had heaters) and to avoid dangers that fires could bring, that actually had nicely cut pieces of flimsly paper with a huge fan underneath making the paper ripple and lights spotlighing it from beneath. At first glance, it actually did look like real fire. I thought that was pretty ingenius.

Oh, and don't talk about budgets people give them loadsa money because the ethnic minority is still pretty big in comparison and finansors know they're get there money's worth in the end because a very high amount of ethnic people would go, just because of the fact that they don't get this kind of thing everyday. Now that's economy.

Originally posted by Dr Edison 007

I hate those commercials for this new pill that gives women four periods a year. Honestly, you have to be a slut or a prostitute to need that. Any normal person can deal with things the way they are.

I agree with siv and ray (what?!) being a guy, we have no idea how annoying periods are. Actually scratch that, being a guy, we know exactly how annoying periods can be, especially when "That time of the month" comes around and we're suddenly given a three hour lecture because you forgot to use a coaster.

moderator note:

"your reply to this was most disgusting. therefore i removed it for you. instead let's drop a verse of questionable nature. -

there is a sound

if air comes out

baby oh yeah

but i want to know

how air

comes into??

.. err"

--ray

Archived