Home

Sig Pic Requests/Discussion

-s/<itzo-

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Death_Jedi

hey Coupes how do you get that green look like on the ones for samfisher and Telsta Trooper on his storm trooper

well you simply have to make a new layer and change the fusion to 'color' then take the brush and color the parts you want...

hope this helps.

man... it's been a while now since i used PaintShop Pro, i'll have to reinstall it, but if you have Photoshop i'd suggest using it instead of PSP because it's much (much) better.

anyways to do so in Photoshop you simply have to double-click your text layer in the 'layers' palette (but DO NOT click on the 'T' icon, it'll only select your text). Then select 'outer glow' and change tha parameters to what suits your needs...

can anyone find a picture of squall and seifer fighting. the part were squall gets his face cut and then the other part were he gets up and he drags his sword against the ground and slices seifers face too... b/c i would really likes that

o yeah and one more thing can you also find one were luna jumps in the air and fires her two guns. and when she lands on her feet she gets ready to fire more... lets hope that made sence lol.

and can both of the sigs... thats if you can find these. can you put my name at the end of the sig. and who ever makes it ill put special thanks to "someone".thats when i get the points to get my sig pic... lol

Please and Thanks

man... it's been a while now since i used PaintShop Pro, i'll have to reinstall it, but if you have Photoshop i'd suggest using it instead of PSP because it's much (much) better.

anyways to do so in Photoshop you simply have to double-click your text layer in the 'layers' palette (but DO NOT click on the 'T' icon, it'll only select your text). Then select 'outer glow' and change tha parameters to what suits your needs...

Thanks Coupes :)

Originally posted by Padanime

here you go: joe.jpg or its url: http://www.echonetwork.net/pad/joe.jpg

OWPS!!!!!!! sorry joe it was 2am when i was making it so i wasnt thinking...:rolleyes: sorry but thanks Padanime for fixing it

well you simply have to make a new layer and change the fusion to 'color' then take the brush and color the parts you want...

Coupes after i do that do i go to make a layer mask on it then fade it so i can see whats under neath it? well thats what i did

New question

How do you make a lightsaber as in the beam?

Coupes after i do that do i go to make a layer mask on it then fade it so i can see whats under neath it? well thats what i did

New question

How do you make a lightsaber as in the beam?

you can use a mask on the image (i used it on the trooper) to fade it if you like, but not on the 'color' layer, if you did it right, you should already see throug this layer... also if the color is too bright, simply change the opacity of that layer.

And to do a lightsaber blade i usually keep it simple and draw a white line with a slightly blurred outline and use an 'outer glow' like i just explained to telsa.

@ telsa : well what i usually do for an animated saber is i create a new document, let's say 500 by 500 and make the bg black. Then i draw the white line which is gonna become the saber, i then add the outer glow and duplicate the layer and transform it to the way i want the final frame to look like, i do the same with the original layer so it's like the first frame of the animation. then i duplicate whatever layer or use a extra copy of the original layer that you could have made before transforming it, and i make it so it's the middle frame of the animation, i do it like that so the distance/differences between each frame is approximately the same. You continue like this until you filled the gaps between the frames of your animation with the number of frames you want.

here's a visual example (it's crappy but it might help you understand)

if i want to do a saber moving from left to right in 5 frames i would go like this:

where '|' represents the saber

1 - |....

2 - |...|

3 - |.|.|

4 - |||.|

5 - |||||

then i link all the layers together and drag them into a new file that's 70 by 70 and position them the way i want in the frame.

then you open imageready (i assume you are using photoshop) by pressing 'ctrl + shift + M' and hide all your layers but the first one then create a new frame and hide all the frames but the second and so on...

that's about it...

@ Death Jedi : if you want do make a sig like the one i'm using you have to prepare using a lot of layers depending on the complexity of the design.

to acheive a grungy/dirty look for an image you might consider looking for grungy brushes on the web, or if you're a more advanced user, you can make your own, or simply use the default photoshop brushes.

I cannot really explain how to make such design cause all you have to do is add a color, for instance white, and substract from it using the eraser, lasso or marquee tools.

the reason it involves a lot of layers is because it is much easier to work on a small part of the image at the time this way you can use bigger brush sizes or selection and not erase all the work you just did on the other side of the image, it can get confusing but i suggest to name your layers in that case it might help you.

you might also want to look for a worn out, grungy font to add to the look. also if you want to have text that's 'negative' (the text is in fact transparent) just write whaterver you want ... then select the layer from which you want to remove the text and click the text layer icon from the layers palette while holding Ctrl this will select the shape of your text, noe you jusy have to hit 'delete' and hide/delete the text layer and you're done.

as for the 'scanlines' effect, it's basically a layer alterning black(or whatever color) lines and a transparent lines, then you adjust the opacity level of the layer so it's looks like you want

hope it's not too hard to understand, it's kinda hard to explain.

@ everyone: BTW if you haven't already done so, take a minute to vote in the swamp's sig/av competition, the more voters we have the better!

here are some brushes to use them you have to place them in the right folder, i'm not too sure of the path cause i have a french OS as well as a frech version of photoshop, but it should be something like:

program files/adobe/photoshop/predefined parameters/shapes

then in photoshop open you brushes palette and click the little round button with an arrow on it and chose the option 'load shapes' or 'add shapes', again i'm not sure of the name in english but it should be something like that, and choose the brushes you added previously.

Hey .:CoupeS:. i tryed sooo many times to make a good looking Monkey Island sig but it didnt turn out that well (points to sig) do you think you could make me a Guybrush one and a av to go with it please

Aaaaah I LOVE monkey island... I only played MI 3 and 4 though, but loved them both :) And what's wrong with your sig?

well, i kinda stopped doing sig for the summer and how can you improve if someone else does it for you? I could still help you though but it won't be before tomorrow cause today i can't.

btw, did you succeed in installing the brushes?

{MK} I just sent you your sig; however hotmail is giving me flack spaced and underscores it is not digging. if you dont get it you will have to find a email address that works. lots o people are using . between words such as me sinister.eggplant anyhow hope one the emails i sent get to you.

So do u think it looks pretty good?

its quite hard to find good pictures of him though

and the Brushs the link isnt working it comes up with a Geocities error now its saying page could not be found

and iv played and beaten and got all the monkey island games:D

ill work on my sig more dose any1 no a good site?

Hey Rythe glad to see your useing my Sig sorry that its not sith like ill try making you a AV but i need help 1st

In image ready how to u add a new frame to the thing your working on

say if i had 4 pictures of the matrix background and if i put them all together it would scroll how do i do that?

@Tesla Trooper : oops! sorry, i honnestly always read your name as TELSA, so here's the sig without the typo:

telsaSig.txt

telsaSig2.txt

@ Death Jedi : to add a frame in imageready you need to click the icon that looks like a page with a folded corner (that's actually what it is ;)), it should be just to the left of the 'trash' icon.

and concerning the brushes, i don't know what's wrong, it should be working. what is the error you get? or you might want to try and right click and select 'save as...', it might work for you.

here's the link again :

linko

@Everyone : seriously, if you haven't voted in the sig/av competition yet, do so cause the vote will close soon... You don't have to be in competition to vote, the more votes we get, the more accurate the results, thanks.

Archived