Home

Sig Pic Requests/Discussion

-s/<itzo-

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no i have 4 frames and 4 seprate pictures of the matrix background and when i put them together it will scroll down

but i move the 1st one into the 1st frame and it shows up on all 4 frames then i put the 2nd one in the 2nd frame and it shows up in all 4 frames i want it to just show up in one

mmm that dosnt work becouse then the frame before that changes....:(

EDIT: o it works....no when i go 2 draw the next line it says

Could not use the paint brush tool becouse the content of the layer is not directly editable

and i try to drag all the diggerent matrix pictures into the 4 frames but each time i do it the layer changes to the new 1 that i draged in......maybe ill just stick to still images

EDIT2: ok i got the lightsaber thing goin its quite confusing going back and fword all the time

maybe it would be easer if i found a matrix background that was already moving do u have 1?

Originally posted by Death_Jedi

ok i got the lightsaber thing goin its quite confusing going back and fword all the time

maybe it would be easer if i found a matrix background that was already moving do u have 1?

yeah but this way it's easier to make it move at the same speed all the time.

i do have a matrix background that i made but you could also take a look at ho i made it, i posted a small tutorial on ho to do it some time ago, i'll go look for it and post it again...

*goes to look for it*

edit: found it, here it goes, hope you understand the explaination:

originally posted by myself

Alright, i'll try to keep it simple. This is how i do it but there are other ways to do it.

First, you need a program that makes animated .gif, for example Adobe ImageReady (which i use) or Jasc Animation shop (which is also very good and used to use!)

Then you need a pic of a matrix background and whatever pic you want on top of it.

What i do is i crop the matrix background to something like 70px by 140 px, then i take the bottom part (70x70) and copy it to the top of the background so you now have a 70x210 matrix background strip with the top and bottom exactly the same.

Now try to make the top part, which you just copied, and the original strip match better. You want it to look like it authentic. but don't modify the top 70x70 square, you want it the same as the bottom 70x70 square!.

Then you have to erase the parts that are to be transparent on your other pic, for eaxmple : gray fox in the avatar above. And put it on another layer.

Then animate the background by moving it downwards until you reach the top of your matrix strip. Make sure the first and the last pics of your animation ARE NOT the same otherwise your animation is gonna look weird.

Then you need to save it to a .gif and you are done

hope this helps..

If you want I can give your the background from my signature, it's from the animatrix and it's 2,44MB big (in GIF format) :D

I'm uploading it right now... Done :)

Click here to download the gif file

I take it you know how to edit it... I recommend to remove the letters that say "The Animatrix" with a normal black brush, frame by frame, in Gif Animator or whatever program you're using...

Originally posted by Death_Jedi

Thhat must be hard to make your own i couldnt follow

well i have image ready sused but i need help i made a lightsaber av and im doing a sig to go with it and it has a big saber and vaders face....how do i make it look like its glowing on his face?

Well if your graphictool supports lighteffects...I would suggest create a lightsource with the color of the saber and make it so that Darth Vaders picture is affected the way you want...voilà! Your lightglow on Darth Vaders Face.

I'd say you have to make a blue layer (fill an entire layer with blue), then move the layer above the one with darth vader's head, and then hold alt and click on the small line between those layers. Now reduce the opacity of the blue layer and you're done... Maybe you can try some of the blending options on the blue layer to make it look the best...

Oh I realized that this can be done with color overlay too, found in the blending options of the Dart Vader layer :rolleyes: lol :)

@ telsa : well what i usually do for an animated saber is i create a new document, let's say 500 by 500 and make the bg black. Then i draw the white line which is gonna become the saber, i then add the outer glow and duplicate the layer and transform it to the way i want the final frame to look like, i do the same with the original layer so it's like the first frame of the animation. then i duplicate whatever layer or use a extra copy of the original layer that you could have made before transforming it, and i make it so it's the middle frame of the animation, i do it like that so the distance/differences between each frame is approximately the same. You continue like this until you filled the gaps between the frames of your animation with the number of frames you want.

here's a visual example (it's crappy but it might help you understand)

if i want to do a saber moving from left to right in 5 frames i would go like this:

where '|' represents the saber

1 - |....

2 - |...|

3 - |.|.|

4 - |||.|

5 - |||||

then i link all the layers together and drag them into a new file that's 70 by 70 and position them the way i want in the frame.

then you open imageready (i assume you are using photoshop) by pressing 'ctrl + shift + M' and hide all your layers but the first one then create a new frame and hide all the frames but the second and so on...

that's about it...

Thanks CoupeS I have alot to do then ;)

Archived