Home

I got the video preview

Elite Jedi

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that video is just amazing! And that's some really nice graphics too...

As for laser colours and stuff like that, I don't care much...

And thanks for the video, thank you very much.

About overpowered things, I fear that as well. I see some classes like the Rocketlauncher class can just walk around and shot ultra-fast missiles and blow 4-5 people away, not to mention they'll be able to hurt a vehicle as well.

they said they had lots of fun with rocketlauncher and only used it on 1 map....its deadly against units...I fear, and i predict torpedo launcher wars.

as for the bowcaster, i think greeen is waay better than red. And for "JK" causing this, bear in mind that those with creative sw ideas behind lucasrtas decided that, and not some developpers, and its logical it would be like that for all games

as for droidekas, i saw it again and watched a few (WHITE?) lasers hit the droideka in shield mode and it lost quite the amount of damage

in this game health will be very low i think, this needs to be a fast paced game to get that "hundreds vs hundreds" movie feeling

I still think sniper should move..so there would be less snipers, this is way too easy

and yeah, they reload...i thought weapons with lasers didnt :\ oh well, its for the best since reloading would help spraying

i love the character selection menu

really pumped for this game...fighting with and vs at sts....omg...

Originally posted by BurnsU

*Readies flame thrower*

*points at TK-8252*

You took the "live the movies" part a little too seriously.

That's the point of the game

For one,who cares about the color of a friggin laser,to me,the colors mean nothing.
It's the star wars feeling, that's the point of the game
Lets go by your logic,lets take out the darktrooper and put the officer in,the officer would have no point without the rebel spy,and the officers abilites have been given to a different class,which would make the officer pointless and make the Imperials weak against the rebels.
Fuck logic

And BTW,starwars is a six part story,thus it is NOT a trilogy,but of course you would call it one,because youe the kind of purists that doesnt think of the prequels as starwars movies!!!!
That's why there is the original trilogy and the prequel trilogy

Actually, you can't call Episode 4-6 originals, because the prequels are not copies of the old movies. I'd call them sequels, but that's probably just me.

I want to discuss more about the trailer, the gameplay seems really smooth, and I loved the graphics. I'm just hoping the Missile Launcher class won't take out everyone all by itself, as can be seen in the video. I mean, if you talk about realism, then the Heavy class could actually just walk around and blast people, but this is a game

In the battlefield games, a well placed shot with your missile launcher or grenade launcher would take out four guys who are close together and seriously hurt anyone else near their proximity so it is in fact more realistic. It's also a one shot kill regardless of what body part would get hit just as in real life. Also if hit just right, you'd see the guy who got missle'd fly about 50 feet in the air, pretty hilarious. I think that translates pretty well into this game. Also missile guys only had about 3 or 4 missles and a sidearm, so they're pretty weak when they run outta rocket ammo, it's also a bitch to go and find an ammo dump while trying to dodge bullets and rockets from the opposing team as i think will happen in this game. Plus to be accurate and actually hit someone with a rocket, you gotta be fairly stationary which is a good thing for a potential sniper. I sniped more rocket guys in the BF games more than anything cause they were always trying to hit tanks and other team members but they had to aim just right to do it which meant standing in one place. Nice way to rack up your kill score.

Originally posted by thejeditraitor

anyone else notice the battle droids are shiny? is it staying like that you think? that's the only strange thing to me.

Well, technically speaking, the ones on Geonosis should be a reddy brown colour.

One thing I have noticed is the lack of ranks in Battle Droids. I would suggest:

Heavy Weapons - Commander Droid (Yellow Spot on front, Yellow Shoulders & Yellow Head markings)

Pilot/Medic - Pilot Droid (Blue Shoulders & Blue Head markings)

Scout/Recon - Doesn't really fit in, would have to be standard battle droid markings, the only other skin, Security, doesn't really match this class.

Of course, there should be standard cream battle droids all of the levels but Geonosis, where they would be the reddy brown, another good reason for not having the Security Droid markings, these are red too.

I should hope they are not shiny, and are returned to the cream. Although there are always mods. ;)

John

idk if any1 said this but about the droideka taking out a squad of clone troopers...there's 2 droidekas and like 5 clone troopers with just blaster rifles not throwing grenades and barely shooting at the droideka ...and at the end the droidekas shields are dropping quick and its just about to die so i dont think its overpowered...

They left the Gamecube out because the next Nintendo console system is going to shown at E3 2005 in May of next year thus I assume they will release the next Nintendo console system in 2005. Why would they want to release a star wars video game on a system that is about to be replaced?

Archived