Home

Scripting Help Details

razorace

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh? I just copy the file and then add the changes. I'm really bored today and Radiant is making me mad. I haven't really coded a lot even though I have the tools because it always frustrated me. But I guess thats changing. I'll have to install Microsoft Visual c++ later...

Well, yes, we're making great progress on the camera scripting changes.

However, we might also be stuck with doing some changes to the cutscene animation calls as well. From the looks of it, the MP engine simply can't handle multiple glas per model like SP does to get the cutscene animations run.

As such, we're probably going to have to merge all the cutscene animations into the main _humanoid.gla and then give each cutscene a new name. It's going to be a pain in the butt, but it will make the cutscenes look correct. Anyway, I'll let everyone know the procedure if/when it comes to that.

However, we might also be stuck with doing some changes to the cutscene animation calls as well. From the looks of it, the MP engine simply can't handle multiple glas per model like SP does to get the cutscene animations run.

Thats right! I forgot, in the mapping forum Keshire (I think) figured out how to get GLAs to work in SP. But no one has figured out how to get a different GLA to work in MP. Take single player, for example: in order to access the animations in _humaniod_academy1/_humaniod_academy1.gla the maps name must be academy1, and the scripts must be in scripts/academy1/

So, if someone wants to make a new SP campaign using the academy1.GLA animations, they would have to rename the GLAs to _humaniod_new_map/_humaniod_new_map.GLA.

Kinda sucks that you cant use 2 or 3 different GLAs per map, but I guess you can only take what you can get...

Im pretty sure your idea will work Razorace, (combining the GLAs) but the file size will be huge!

Im pretty sure your idea will work Razorace, (combining the GLAs) but the file size will be huge! [/b]

Well, unfortunately, that's really the only option we got. MP is missing the syscalls that SP used to do the multiple .glas argh!

Im pretty sure your idea will work Razorace, (combining the GLAs) but the file size will be huge! [/b]

Well, unfortunately, that's really the only option we got. MP is missing the syscalls that SP used to do the multiple .glas argh!

Anyway, my plan is to make the huge ass animation file a seperate download. Players will still be able to play CoOp, they just won't see all the animations in the cutscenes.

Cool... I think all of the T1s are done, I think ill work on Vjun0 later on today. Thats only one script... I guess thats the cutscene where luke tells Jaden to go to Vjun, by the looks of it. Ill also see about doing Vjun1.

EDIT: OK, vjun0, and 1 are done. I guess ill work on Vjun2 and 3 now...

Hey, it appears you left T3_bounty off the list. Jeedai Jacen said he had done it, and sent it in. If you do have it, and just forgot it, then that means we only have one level left (I think) t3_hevil.

Also, about the vehicles, I was wrong, it wasnt the 'Use' command (in icarus) that made NPCs board ships/swoops, it was the

//(BHVD)

set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_VEHICLE", "DEFAULT" );

command.

Dude, imagine a swoop race with OJP code... you could have tons of NPCs riding swoops, and with the scripting fully, or even mostly supported, you could have cutscenes, and have a completly unique swoop racing experience. Ive never been a fan of JKR.. but this would actually be cool :)

Ill try to get t3_hevil done tonight, and this thing.. over with I guess, unless something happend to the t3_bounty scripts...

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

Also, about the vehicles, I was wrong, it wasnt the 'Use' command (in icarus) that made NPCs board ships/swoops, it was the

//(BHVD)

set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_VEHICLE", "DEFAULT" );

command.

Actually, it looks like t2_trip does use that function to get the riders on the vehicles. I'll have to check that out when I get to that point.

Dude, imagine a swoop race with OJP code... you could have tons of NPCs riding swoops, and with the scripting fully, or even mostly supported, you could have cutscenes, and have a completly unique swoop racing experience. Ive never been a fan of JKR.. but this would actually be cool :)

need mappers.

Anyway, skywalker is correct. All the JKA scripting is done or at least appears to be. :)

However, I think it might be worthwhile to go ahead and do the scripting for the JK2 maps as well. Since the JK2 maps use much less in terms of special characters and scripting, porting those maps should be almost as easy as grabbing the correct files from the jk2 cd. What do you guys think?

Archived