Cazor

shot0020.jpg

shot0021.jpg

shot0022.jpg

shot0023.jpg

shot0026.jpg

shot0024.jpg

shot0025.jpg

the lighting on the wall tiles will change for the final version(might put some phong shaders on them so they dont seem to stick out so much, and look smoother)... mainly just showing the progress on the level design. about half done with the basic shape and such.

most likely not. i cant really think of any bases... maybe the bathroom and the far end where the armor was, but a locked door behind it... it's a kinda small map also, so i think im gonna stick with FFA. i mean hey... it worked for goldeneye, and it was like... the best MP console game to date.

i cant get them to stick out any less. they're already 1 unit thick, and if i make them .5 or .25, radiant will snap to 1 the next time i open radiant, so its just... blah. i was thinking there might be a chance i could get it to work if i convert the tiles to an ase or something, as they are .25 thick... but i dunno. .25 and .5 are just so pointless to even have in the grid size list... it makes me mad. but im leaving today to go to indiana for a week, so no updates in a while :\

yeah, if i can get that script for swinging doors working then the white doors will open like real doors.

not sure what you mean by a link... the gas chambers as in the last part of the SP level where you blow the tanks and the gas leaks out? if thats what you're talking about, then no. im just doing the MP version.

What type of tricount are you getting in there with all those tiles?

It'd probably work for this level, because it's fairly small, but it won't work on a larger scale (I've tried... looks great, but plays like crap).

A nice faithful recreation, though.

The tricount is the approximate number of triangles being rendered by the engine at a given point, and can be seen in the same place as the other vital stats (like r_speeds).

I'm sure it's through the roof. Have you put a couple of bots in and checked what it does to framerate?

The level's looking awesome, Cazor. Man it's been ages since I've played Goldeneye or Perfect Dark, or the N64 for that matter.

I've got to agree with what's been said already: It's looking very faithful to the original Bond level. Keep it up! :D

:gben:The Force will be with you, always.

Archived