Deac

Originally posted by jokemaster

Greer: Rose high in NRI, means automatic pwness in:

1. Counterintelligence

2. Interrogation

3. Investigating

Incoming:

The Vilnovs=more assasins

So your guy is probably screwed. Unless he can teleport.

My characters got dropped out of the story... what do you mean by 'incoming'? Are they actually going somewhere now? If so, where? (it scares me that I'm this much out of the loop concerning my own characters!:eek::p :p )

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greer just contacted you w/ a location for you to meet up with the ship and trade the hostage, and, if it's still on, help with the assasin situation. And yes, I am doing this for the conflict it will result in with the new guild's price on Flax's head and Greer already having paid the Vilnovs to not kill him.

Grrrrrrrrrrr! POST EATEN

*Goes to happy place.*

*Comes back to thread.*

AS I posted before, there were lots of Dark Jedi under the Emperor.

The Emperor's Hands for one

Then there have bean numerous other EU references.

What about the seven Dark Jedi in JK. How do you think Sarris got that skull plate. ;)

Right, my characters have previously been accused of being un-Jedi like. I would say that is accurate, all my characters have a floor of some kind and they lack the calm of prequel era Jedi.

Now to the case in point:

1. Flax has already stated that he does not follow the chivalric code, because it's fake. (I am working on my own honour code, which warriors are required to follow but every mercy will be counter balenced by an expediant.

2. Assassins are the lowest form of life.

3. The only reason Flax consented to a duel was because the alternative might be some dead Alliance soldiers, or the assassin's escape.

thats in your opinion imho

what you stated after would be my opinion lower

true its not the most perfectly honest thing

but the difference between a rapist and murders, assassins either believe it enough that they are doing it for a cuase or they're just doing it for sport OR just for money. child murders are just mentally unstable and what not. and Rapists are just too perverted and cant keep their cock in their damned pants

I'm surprised no one noticed BD using floor instead of flaw ;)

and I do have to agree with Scar, while assassins do kill for money, it doesn't make them the lowest life from around.

Looking purely at SW, there are many lower levels. For instance Palpatine, Tarkin, Vader.

They killed in cold blood on a massive scale, and more often then not the reason was to keep the populace terrified and under their control.

and there are plenty more...

Originally posted by BattleDog

No, assassins are the lowest form of life, they make a proffesion of cold blooded killing. FYI, they're closely followed by rapists and child murderers.

Flax is free to think this but it's patently ridiculous. Better to kill someone or a few someones for money then kill millions or horribly ruin lives.

Oh, as for what happened to Behemoth, wondering how that doesn't qualify as godmoding. (Although it sort of needed to happen, Scar has to leave tomorrow...)

Also, BD, wondering what Flax meant by "a demon". Scar's demons aren't literally demons and they certainly aren't inherently evil. Even if they were literally demons they're not any demons Flax could've encountered, being from another universe.

Plus, B. called himself a dragon, not a demon. The two are in no way equivalent. And, red scales do not equal demon. And and, the so-called 'demons' previously seen in these RPGs are not invulnerable to blaster fire.

Okay, about what happened to Behemoth:

If that was a Force power, it's ridiculously over the top and is certainly godmoding. (Yoda couldn't have pulled that off!) Also, it was a patently cruel, patently Dark Side, no excuse, no two ways about it. If that was technology...well, going out on a limb I'd say it was completely impossible, first because it sounds ridiculous, and there's no purpose to having it in some random hallway if it really did exist.

And before you say that it was necessary to move the plot along, and Scar is overreacting, remember you threw a fit when I had a character who was temporarily ridiculously powerful, unique, the archvillain, and doomed to die in the RPG anyway, telekinetically throw Flax out of a skyscraper window. [Along with a bunch of other characters, including my own!] That seems extremely minor compared to this. :)

1. Had to happen, not even going to argue about that

2. The Force power is legit, all Flax did was create a force field and suck the air out through a hole, then block it up. Wurth Skidder did it in NJO. Thats where I got the idea from.

3. Demons are a concept Flax has, Behamoth used a key word Dragon. That's to Flax what WMD is to a world leader. To Flax Dragon and Demon are the same thing.

4. Never said the trick killed him.

5. I assumed Scar would just come up with a way out of it anyway. How's this, there's an air supply good for two days in there. If Behamoth respires like a human he has a good six hours to come up with something.

6. Had he not been immune to blaster fire I would have shot him with a stun bolt.

7. Reff assassins: I can accept that murderers and rapists are patently sick in the head and are basic wackos. Assassins are people who make a rational choice to enter a proffession which is centred around killing in cold blood.

Mass murderers, child rapists and megalomaniac evil warlords are not even forms of life.

dude it don't matter, something like that requires years of training anyway

and don't give me that 'oh he has been for several years'. One character can only train and do so much stuff (Ie rule over a race of people, isnt that what Flax's occupation is again?)

but seriously, i cant look at any of your agamarian (what ever you spell it) Jedi, as Jedi in ANY sense

they're too arrogant, you make em so that they have too much power when its not possible, even with a force boost from Soephae. the human body can only take so much, reguardless if its 'boundless'

if even that, just generaly that you have characters that seem to know powers with out training

use them in the manner definately not jedi-like

and with soephae give her 'revenge' on F. irvine by making him 'feel pain'

look, if someone's a jedi, no matter which race you look at it. they HAVE to be devoted to what they're doing. if their ont he light side, act it

there is one constant in theSW universe that i definately know that exsists in our little universe. is that the each side of the force isn't quite one or the other, in more then one ways it has shades of grey. but if you're light, you can't be acting arrogant and such. granted i don't know EU as much as anyone here, but f**k, if your entire 'agamarian' race acted like all of your characters are now, they wouldnt have been noble.

i dont care if that dont make sense to you or not. just stop and think about what your character is going to have before YOU MAKE IT

i know my characters have flaws

f**k, f. Irvine's personality has changed so meny times i have no idea what the count is. but that fits his character

Irvine he's way too emo-ish. but heck the whole trip itself has been stressful on him anyway, Ie from a possible soon-to-be-jedi to on cracken's ship en route to korriban. he made the mistake in his life that he uses the force too much that he relies on it. so when cracken had ysamari (correction pls) he fliped out, he went into a force depravision. (correction pls)

then of course being somewhat corrupted being on the very soil of korriban (which made cracken pleased anyway), with that the very dark power thats on that planet he struck out agenst cracken when he heard that he had a sister and cracken kept htat from him. but continueing on he got upset that he didnt know what to do on the executor during the trip to it, cus of his sister sititng right next to him, and he just remembered why didnt cracken tell him. it really ticked him off....

Sir-vin and cracern. earily on from what i heard from red and admiral, that i made the two characters have the same personality reguardless of what side of a conversation that eac would be on.

well i just let the characters grow a bit, change what they do in the long time skips, even a name change :rolleyes:

[edit]let's not forget one more thing. what is not Flax who dressed up in shards and robes, and whom used stealth and what not to kill F. Irvine on a moon of coruscant? Sure he may not have doen it for money, but he sure did use it in a very 'assassiny' method.

if you dont remember it, i sure as hell do. its after the aesir drop f. irvine and a few more people on coruscant's moon before he becomes all more evil-like

IE: his corpse becomes reanimated by the ghost of Vertmor, and there fore he turns it into his body.

forgot how i got back F. Irvine tho...

1. It could have been done simply in a different way. A gravity trap. A mind trick. Leading Behemoth into some sort of other trap. [That larger area he requested for example.]

2. I can't find details of this Force power online, so taking it at face value. Simply put, Jedi cannot make impenetrable force fields. Certainly they can make force fields, but can you imagine Protection lasting 5+ minutes when being presumably pounded on by near-superweapons. And, if Flax can actually do that, it's definitely godmoding.

3. No, because while WMDs exist dragons do not. Before you say "Mrear" and "Drago", no, at least some Mrear dragons aren't anything like, close to, or resembling demons. (Up to Deac for specifics obviously.)

Now look what 'dragon' actually means in the Star Wars universe context.

I see lots and lots of dragons but no mention of demons.

4. We/I know. Not the issue.

5. *Shrug*

6. See above.

7. Neither murderers nor rapists are necessarily sick in the head. Many make rational choices to do what they do and for worse reasons than money. And they can cause alot more damage because it's often personal.

Mass murderers, child rapists and megalomaniac evil warlords are not even forms of life.

They are living so they are forms of life, which makes them lower than assassins. ;P

Anyway, I'm pretty much going to drop this last subject, because discussing it is both pointless and distasteful.

I just have a simple question.

How does the presence of Dragon Scales imply the person is a dragon/demon. In PTH Drago had a Dragon Scale shield. Behemoth could simply have dragon Scale armor.

and just for fun:

If assassins are low forms of life since they kill for money that means every soldier is on the same level since they get paid to kill the "enemies of the government." Snipers are assassins except they work for the military.

Since we are not considering anything other then getting paid to kill a person in determining their position among forms of life, Flax is worse then an assassin. Consider that he knowingly sends people to their deaths, gets paid to kill people and puts a lot of thought into it before hand, is seeking vengenance against others, and is about to wage a war to gain a title and more power.

Well when you strip Flax of his reason and motivations and look at him purely in this light he is no better then palpatine or Vader.

----------------------------------

A jedi should know that there may be mitigating circumstances to any actions and would not act so quickly. A Leader would know that and wouldn't if he was good and not evil would not condemn a person knowing only the most superficial and possible wrong information....

Well, its about an hour before i go.

i dont think deac's going to reply anytime soon, and i'm sure that BD's going to be too much of a douche to reply anytime soon, until i leave (remember you can flame all you want after this, but it wont make a lick of difference cus i wont be able to see it!!)

Red, you got my characters :)

you know what i want with F. Irvine ^_^

as for RH Irvine, let em get to his home planet :)

Archived