Home

Siv's Movie News

Sivy

here's some interesting movie news for ya...

Bryan Singer to direct Superman

"X-Men" series director Bryan Singer signed a deal Friday to develop and direct Warner Bros.' new Superman adaptation, replacing McG who withdrew due to location and budget differences. Variety reports that Singer is expected to work with X2: X-Men United writers Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris to draft a film that starts production late this year in Australia

great news IMO, although this does mean that Singer wont be doing X-Men 3.

possible good news for the hobbit

Variety reports that it is looking more and more likely that Time Warner, which owns Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line Cinema, will swoop in and purchase MGM, after Sony was unable to construct a final offer for the company.

Buying MGM would give Time Warner a nice little bonus - worldwide theatrical and television rights to J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit. New Line, which has released "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, would be able to pursue the film after all, if things work out

so hopefully the rights for the hobbit will get sorted out much quicker.

Originally posted by sabretooth

I feel angry

They shouldn't make 'The Hobbit', to my mind. I would prefer the Silmarillion, it would have much more special effects.

I don't care

Silmarillion would have incomplete plot, because the stories in the book jump a lot. If you think that most elves have the lifespan of 1000+ years, and some elves even died for oldness in Silmarillion, what d'ya think?

Besides, the special effect's aren't yet so sophisticated for making the Silmarillion.

Oldness... Funny word, aint it? :D

they already have superman movies, who cares if they were made somehwere in the 70s-80s i think. whith X2s ending they have to make an X3 even though i know what happens, and the hobbit would be wicked but if they take out the dwarven army i will be quite angry

I think Chris Reeves should lay some smack down on this production.

Superman is old...and also makes me mad with his ability to make up new super powers :rolleyes:.

SCREW THIS MOVIE!

I want my X3 :(

I wanna see an Iron Man movie.

He is like batman...no super powers...but a pimp suit and is a genius.

There is a movie.

And they could have the Iron man song.

Which is missing from a lot of todays entertainment :(

the studios really need to calm down and pace themselves with these "comic book" movies. Right now they seem to be rushing out movies about everyone who was ever in a comic book.

Many people who were great in a comic book don't work in a movie. Some of the ones they are picking are pretty obscue to anyone but comic book fans.

Its looking a lot like the late 70s/early 80s where they started chucking out loads of comic book movies and the majority of the films sucked. It took nearly 20 years before the public was willing to try comic book movies again after some of those jokes.

The other problem with making so damn many of them is that (on the whole) most comic book characters have pretty similar origin stories (accidentally get powers, lose some sort of relative). By making 100s of origin movies that basically have the same plot, different costumes and the same action/cgi/bullettime they are going to burn out their audience.

They should pick a couple of "key" properties and develop them into trilogies, allowing some variation and character developmet/attachment. Then they could save the other characters for later.

Catwoman is a perfect example of rushing out a completely generic plot that could be applied to any superhero. Hellboy sounds great, but who has heard of him? Even daredevil was a bit obscure to most people. Ghost rider is one of my faves, but most people have never heard of him, and i can't see it making a popular film.

I liked charlies angels (stupid as it was, but fun), but i agree that McG would have been awful for superman. I'd still rather that they properly finished off the x-men trilogy before they started on the superman films though.

oh and they've announced some of the cast & crew for the fantastic four

Ioan Gruffudd (Reed Richards)

Michael Chiklis (Ben Grimm)

Jessica Alba (Sue Storm)

Director Tim Story

Producer Ralph Winter

Producer Avi Arad

:D

Archived