Home

New SETI thread

edlib

Er... anybody else suddenly having issues with SETI? I can't log in anymore.

Seems they upgraded the software and now all the old accounts were lost or suspended. I tried to activate my old account on the new site and I had to use the email address that I used when I first signed up, 3 ISPs ago. Of course I can't get mail on that account anymore, so It looks like I'm going to be forced to start a new account, and lose all my old stats. Bummer.

New SETI site here: http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Good luck!

err.. no. but i am not really sure if i do everything correct to get this error.

wait. on that new site it works. (the error)

i tried to log in or to get my account id sent per mail but they say there is "no user with that email address".

however the old site is still working?

(psst. i we dont tell nitro we could take some err.. advantage out of it.. ;))

[edit]

hey. i got it. they say they transferred the old accounts. you must activate it here: http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/sah_email_form.php. just enter you email and you'll receive a User ID via mail.

damn you, nitro!

*shakes fist (uuhhmm.. no. not what you think.)*

Except it's starting to reject any new packets I try to send now. It doesn't know who I am.

That's the only reason I even knew something was up.

I can't use my old name, and so far I haven't been able to start a new account either. Whenever they say they're going to send a new activation code to an e-mail address I provide it never comes.

Very strange.

I just set SETI up on my new rig and at first I couldn't get it to accept my old e-mail address, since I haven't sent a packet into them in over two years. But the next day, I turned it on and it accepted it right away. Weird. (My new rig churned the packet out in 2h 50m. Booyah. :D)

Try getting it to work again, ed.

Yo Niner!

No dice.

I just deleted and reinstalled it on one of my work machines and whenever I put in my account info it says "Not Found!"

So I'm going to disable it here until I figure out what's up.

My home machine was about 3/4 of the way through a packet when I turned it off this morning, so I'll know tonight or tomorrow if it's going to go through or not.

I'll try entering a few more different e-mail adresses in the new one and see if any of them go through. It could be my ISP's spam-filtering blocking them, although I don't see why. My MSN account didn't seen to work either, but I still have my work email and my Yahoo accounts. I could always start a G-Mail account just for this too.

stranger. i installed the boinc software at home yesterday and it worked right out of the first click. so i tried it again at work and it says i could log into my accout, although i can log in on the website using the same id.

hey, and it say's i have 73 or so "old" seti project untis, although i have already 119 ..

Archived