Home

Halo RPG.

Doomie

Well, with all the different RPG's in here, i found it strange that nobody made a Halo RPG before. So that's what i'm doing now. (I don't care if i'm not the first afterall, i'm just gonna do this.) Alright, since most of us know what happened on planet Halo, and i don't wanna keep posting spoilers for you that don't, we're gonna RP somewhere else in the galaxy. So you can't be the masterchief. You can join either the UNSC armed forces or the Covenant Warrior Kaste.

UNSC.

Format:

Name:

class: (sniper, heavy weaps, normal marine, pilot, Etc.)

Looks: (optional)

Bio:

if you want, you can even be a ship AI, like Cortana, only that'd be a bit hard to RP with, i guess...

UNSC weapons: Frag grenade, pistol (2X zoom), Assault rifle (compass, flashlight, automated fire), shotgun, sniper rifle (Armor piercing, 2X adn 8X zoom, shoots trough multiple targets), rocket launcher (2X zoom, two rockets in magazine).

UNSC vehicles:

Scorpion tank. Crew: 1 driver, 1 gunner. Weapons: main cannon (explosive shells) and a machine gun. 4 passengers can sit on the sides.

Warthog Recon vehicle: crew: 1 driver, 1 gunner. Weapons: triple-barreled minigun. 1 passenger can sit in the side-seat.

Pelican dropship: crew: 1. Weapons: none. room for 8 passengers in the back plus one warthog.

Vehicles can only be destroyed by explosive weapons, but the creew can sometimes be shot from outside. (but now in the scorpion)

Covenant Warrior Kaste.

Format:

Name: (optional, since i don't know what kinda names cobenant have)

Race: (choose from the races listed below)

Covenant weapons: Plasma rifle (automatic fire, overheats after long use ), plasma pistol (Semi-automatic, can overcharge giving a strong homing bolt that overheats the pistol), needler (fires several homing needles that explode some seconds after impact, and bounce off flat surfaces), Shade (stationary gun, armored from front, unprotected from rear and sides, fires three plasma beams at once, rapid fire, and doesn't overheat.), plasma grenade (same as frag, only sticks to enemies and their vehicles, and explodes a while later.), Fuel rod gun (fires explosive plasma shells rapidly, but can overheat, only usable by hunters.). Overheated weapons need to cool down a while before they can be used again. Only covenant know how to reload covenant weapons, apart from the Needler.

Covenant vehicles:

Ghost: crew: 1 driver. Weapons: two plasma cannons. This vehicle floats above the ground.

Banshee: crew: 1 pilot. Weapons: two plasma cannons, one Fuel rod launcher. This vehicle floats.

Tank: crew: (I don't know, i think one driver). Weapons: one VERY strong cannon, that fires an explosive plasma bolt in an arch. This vehicle floats.

Dropship: Crew: I think one pilot. Weapons: Triple barreled plasma turret. Room for 8 passengers and i think also a vehicle.

Covenant races:

Grunt: 5' tall, and are very weak. They carry huge life-support packs on their backs and need breath masks. They always travel in packs. Grunts are the only covenant that fit in the Shades. They can use most covenant weapons, except the Fuel rod gun.

Jackal: Superior sight, hearing and smell. They are fast, but weak, and they carry energy shields (sorta like the gungans) wich they can use to deflect weapon fire. An overcharged shot from the plasma pistol can bring their shield down. They only use Plasma pistols.

Elite: The are 8' 6'' tall and very strong, so they can hit their opponents. They can order around the other covenant. They use either an overshield, that deflects weapon fire all around but ultimatly depletes and needs to recharge (it can be penetrated by a sniper rifle bullet) or active camouflage, rendering them almost completely invisible but making them unable to wear overshields, making them a lot weaker. They pilot all the remaining Covenant vehicles. They can use almost any covenant weapon, except the fuel rod gun. They also sometimes use lightsaber-like weapons, that can penetrate overshields and instantly kill someone. It is directly integrated into their armor (at least i think it is, since you can't pick it up.) This lightsaber thingy remains visible under active camouflage.

Hunters: 12' tall, but in their combat state they are only eight feet. They carry fuel rod guns integrated into their armor and metal shields capable of defleting almost any weapon fire, wich they also use as melee weapons. They are very strong, and i don't recommend playing them, since it is easy to Godmode with them.

Alright, here's my char:

Alignment: UNSC armed forces.

Name: Jack 'the ripper' Peterson. (i just picked a pretty random name)

Class: Normal marine.

Bio: Jack was drafted into military service 23 years after the first encounter with the covenant. He has survived untill now, and is assigned to the Reach colony to protect the SPARTAN-II's. (note that this story starts just before the game does. Also note that we won't go on the Pillar of Autumn.)

as usual, i'm gonna wait till i have some more participants before i start.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Khaar

Race: Elite

(there really is nothing else i can add unless i can chosse wat weapons and vehiclse he has)

Weapons: plasma rilfe and needler(as second weapon)

Vehicle: Ghost

------------------------

"*covanent language* red group go over that hill and set up 2 shades, and have them manned with 2 guards for each, i want green group to be on the fornt lines, find cover but stick together and my group come with me"

Khaar takes his group up and onto an over hang, a perfet assault spot

"wait until i fire, then you can fire at will!"

Alignment:UNSC

Name:Ethan Goeus

class: Heavy Weapons

Bio: He was a good friend of Captain Keys(sp) and they went to the same academy. He had experiance in the field of the covenant and helped nearly annialate an entire covenant armada. So, it's no suprise that he would command "The Carrier of Light"

Ethan and his men were on the planet and awaiting reinforcments from the ship.

"Blue group, Cover the hills! Red Group, where are my wart hogs?!"

Red group was calling in"*Static*We're under too much *static*Wait Pelican comein-*static*" And it shut off

"RED GROUP COME IN" there was a loud crash and some smoke and over a hill came A supply of 3 wart hogs and 1 scorpian "Don't do that again" Ethan said with a smile.

Khaar waited when he heard runmbling form behind him, he saw his reinforcements had come 2 banshees and a tank along wiht 2 hunters, 5 hunters and 10 grunts"thanks for showing up, the attack hasn't started but we are now very prepapred"

"Red Group, I want 2 warthogs on each side of the hill Keep the scorpian in front of our base. Blue team, Send one squad to shoot behind the rocks. I want snipers on the cliffs and one wart hog gunning with the scorpian. Now move!" The groups moved off as Ethan watched the radar screen.

"khaar! i see a group of enemies headed this way" said one of the scouts khaar had sent out earlier

" all groups prepare, get ready, wait unitl my fire!" all the groups got tense and looked intesnly ahead, khaar took out his plasma rifle, checked for plasma grenades and loaded hsi needler then put it back, he could see all the grunts powering up thier plasma pistols, the eilite standing at attention, the hunters in battle stance, and the vehilce moving into firing position, vaugly(sp) in the distance khaar saw them coming, he could see that everyone else saw them as well

" it starts..." khaar whispered

khaar lined up his plasma rilfe and took 4 quick shots, but as soon as the first one was fire everyone else fired, and the marines fired back almsot instanly wiht grenades and gunfire, the warthogs were slowly advancing

"tanks, take out those warthogs, same with you ghosts, shades work on the scropian, hunters as well, grunts keep on the marines, elites, take out the snipers, i'm going for a ride!"

khaar went around behind a buolder where his ghost was parked, and started it up, he saw the other ghosts starting up, and starting towards the warthogs, khaar went to join them.

"Quick we need to take out the tanks, Warthog B-59 you take that, Everyone else focuse on elites and ghosts. Snipers take out the hunters. Squad 2 come with me." Ethan got his gear on and picked up his rocket launcher, some magazines and a pistol. He and his men moved out.

----

They reached a point by the battle and saw some vehicles. Ethan Carefull got his rocket launcher ready while the others covered him. He got a good view and fired. He nailed a tank damaging it badly but not destroying it. He reloaded and looked for a clear shot. But a small group of grunts were headed toward them. He took a shot in front of them only killing about 3 grunts but the dust it kicked up was enough. He and his men ran but not after throwing some rocket ammo into the covenate groups "SIR what are you doing?! thats all our rocket ammo!"

"Private, when i want your advice I'll give it to you. Right now you are going to do as I say, That ammo is useless to them and slows us down." Ethan seemed rather calm armed with only a pistol.

OOC: Aw crap, you started without me! :rolleyes:

IC: A few minuted earlier...

'Man, why are we patrolling this stupid place...' Soemone asked. 'Shut up, soldier, and do as you're told.' Jack replied. 'I know they're almost done loading the spartans, but untill they lift off, our job here isn't done.' 'Hrumph. The covenant can't even find this place, i bet. They never showed themselves around here...' At that point, the heard gunfire. 'Holy ****, what's going on there? Come on soldiers, move! Make your momma proud!' Jack's patrol moved in. They met up with Ethan's group. 'sir, reporting for duty, sir! What are our orders?'

"Make sure they don't breach the line and if they do Back to the base a hold it, I have a plan that just might save us." Ethan and some of his men were on the cliffs with the snipers. "Keep fire men and you come with me." He called back one sniper "When I tell you, I have a special target i want you to hit."

"Make sure they don't breach the line and if they do Back to the base a hold it, I have a plan that just might save us." Ethan and some of his men were on the cliffs with the snipers. "Keep fire men and you come with me." He called back one sniper "When I tell you, I have a special target i want you to hit."

"hunters, take out the scorpian ASAP, and grunts wiht the fuel rods take otu those warthogs!" khaar said as he drove by them

khaar swrived and dodged with all the other ghosts, he saw one get picked off, khaar was headed straight for a warthog, he fired all he had at it, he killed the driver and then ramped off of it, he threw a plasma grenade onto the warthog and blew up the soldiers, khaar landed and looked back to see all the ghost destroyed, and the banshees flyign overhead, khaar turned around and rcketed back towards their lines and over the comlink he said " banshees take out the snipers, they are a pain in neck!"

OOC: Y'know, i've never seen more than two hunters within close vicinity of eachother. So i guess they travel by twos...

IC: 'You heard the man, hold the line!' Jack yelled at his loyal marines. 'Take out those hunters, i won't be satisfied with anything less than a headshot!' Suddenly, one of the grunts threw a plasma grenade. A marine tried to pick it up and throw it back, but it sticked to his hand and exploded right in the middle of the group of marines... 'Dammit! good help is hard to find these days, you have to do everything yourself...' jack said, while tossing a frag grenade in the middle of the Covenant assault group. 'Let's see how THEY deal with it...'

Khaar got back, and parked hsi ghost behind the boulder came out and saw elites diving away fomr a group a grunts who were juggling a grenade and it blew up and killed them, the ieltes were fine though

" idiots, total idiots, alright elites, GIVE EM HELL!"

khaar threw a plasma grenade, then unloaded a round of the needler then shot unitl his plasma rifle battery burnt out, the eilites did the same, and he could see the marines nto handling it too well, he saw one of his banshees get shot rihgt out of the air but the other had taken out the snipers

"good, elites, take out your plasma sword and advance on them as fast as possible, there is no other option!" the elites activated thier plasma swords and ran at full speed towards the marine, dodging and taking hits

(in my post i said along iwht 2 hunters, 5 hunters, i meant 5 elites, my bad)

"Damn, Ok" Ethan Got the sniper marine he pulled away and told him what to do, "I threw away our Ammo betwwen the lines, I want you to shoot it." The sniper and the other men now understood what he had done. The sniper took aim "Wait for it."

Ethan radioed in "After detnation I want all our fire everything across the lines."

"Detination? What?"

"NOW" The sniper took his shot, The bullet hit right into the Rockets and The explosion was imense. It took out some of the frontal covenate assult and knocked back some marines. The dust it kicked up blocked all vision and the sounds of all the Marines weaponry erupted out of the other side.

Khaar was blown back " damn them!, full retreat, get out of here, they've won this round!" the tank was blown apart, all the grunts were gone 3 of the 7 elites had been killed, all but 2 ghosts were demolished, the shades were gone, both banshees had been shot out of the sky.Khaar jumped on his ghost and rode off, as did the eiltes that could hitch a ride, khaar needed stronger men and more too.

'alright! WE've got them runnin' boys!' Jack said. 'Don't let them get away!' The remaining marines left their hiding spots and ran after the retreating covenant forces. 'alright, i just got word from Cortana that the pillar of autumn is almost ready to go! We jsut need to hold of these Covenant Son-of-a-bitches for a couple of hours tops!'

Khaar looked behind him and saw the 1 warthog on their tails wiht the marines running after them as well

" full speed boys, we're in a chase! split up and meet back at base camp!"

khaar and the toher 2 elites all split ways khaar going up a hill,1 going straight the other going into a tunnel.

Name:Kaaha

Species:Elite

IC:

Kaaha was retreating on his ghost and went with the left group.Behind them was a warthog.Kaaha took out 2 plasma grendades and threw it at the warthog.The crew of the warthog all died.Kaaha yelled"You three get in that warthog and bring it to base.We can examine it".Three elites got off their ghosts and got intot he warthog.They drove it behind the ghosts.Kaaha saw 20 marines running behid them.Kaaha yelled"Give them hell".The gunner of the warthog fired at the marines.The marines were dead in a matter of seconds.

OOC: Hehe... woops... i made a little mistake... you see, recently i began studying halo and marathon history a bit, and it seems these events were already covered in a book of some sort... Oh well, we'll just call this fanfiction...

Move like ya got a purpose!

IC:... All, except for Jack. when the warthog staretd shooting them, he yelled: 'Run for cover!' but the others were too late. 'I wonder what they're going to do with that warthog.'

OOC: The covenant used to have vehicles called.. Er.. i forgot.. but anyway, these where the Covenant equalivent of the warthog. It could seat two, and it had a shade turret on top. Like a floating warthog, so to speak... It would've been interesting to see in the game... for more info, check out bungie.net...

(um evil dark, there are only 3 elites left me you and the other elite, we are heading back to base, no one is left everyone died so yeah, its supoosed to be aot of guys chasing one elites and the elites eentually outsmart them, sort of)

Archived