Home

Kashyyyk! Final Planet?

joesdomain

Star Wars Insider #77 had a Star Wars Battlefront article and preview in it and there was a crew member that mentions the new planets of Tatoonie and Rhen Var. He also mentions the new episode III planet of Kashyyyk, the wookie homeworld. I assume that is the official.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kashyyyk will be in the game.

first they said a new episode 3 planet will appear and kashyyyyk is only planet that anyone has a clue of what it looks like.

there have been some real life forests shotithinkin cambodia and the simple fact that the other new planets are never before seen worlds that are completely digital.

thus the pandemic team would have no idea how to build any except kashyyyk.

Star Wars Insider #77 Page 84

Spanning all six movies, Battlefront enables you to join with and play against other players over the Internet to engage in massive galactic compaigns on Bespin, Tatooine, Naboo, Endor, Hoth, Geonosis, Yavin IV, and Kamino. Players will also get a sneak peak of the Wookiee planet, Kashyyyk, and hard-core fans will recognize the planet Rhen Var from the Tales of the Jedi comic series.

So rhen var aint in EP3. Kashyyyk confirmed. As i assumed it would be..but now tfighter wont hunt your expectations down :)

wonder if it will be like kotor..in just a forest or around a city. running on top would be cool

I think we all had an idea that it would be Kashyyyk has the mystery episode III planet in Star Wars Battlefront. Just makes sense since they talked about Chewbacca and bunch of Wookies in Episode III and the crew mentioned the wookie homeworld being in the movie many times on hyperspace.

Originally posted by joesdomain

I think we all had an idea that it would be Kashyyyk has the mystery episode III planet in Star Wars Battlefront. Just makes sense since they talked about Chewbacca and bunch of Wookies in Episode III and the crew mentioned the wookie homeworld being in the movie many times on hyperspace.

You are hyperspace member? Cool. Isn't that like, expensive?

don't worry kashyyyk will rule. from info already gathered, kashyyyk is very wooded, with tree huts, etc. but it isn't primitive like the ewoks. the wookies are very advanced in their tecnology blending wood and machines. i have a concept pic from ep 3 of a double catamaran type boat with propellers on the top, like a cross between a boat and an air vehicle.

Originally posted by thejeditraitor

don't worry kashyyyk will rule. from info already gathered, kashyyyk is very wooded, with tree huts, etc. but it isn't primitive like the ewoks. the wookies are very advanced in their tecnology blending wood and machines. i have a concept pic from ep 3 of a double catamaran type boat with propellers on the top, like a cross between a boat and an air vehicle.

Probably the wookiee boat from SWGB

I remember a concept picture for episode III that sounds like what you are describing. But I can't remember where I saw it. I hope Kashyyyk looks similar to Endor expect the Wookie villages. That way we have two forest like planets one for each trilogy.

I remember a concept picture for episode III that sounds like what you are describing. But I can't remember where I saw it. I hope Kashyyyk looks similar to Endor expect the Wookie villages. That way we have two forest like planets one for each trilogy.

if they do it right, it wont. Kashyyyk is different than the moon of Endor because it is like Kamino. It has tall trees, many stories high. I hope they do it like described in Rebel Dawn, Hutt Gambit, and this one other book that I forget.

if they do it right, it wont. Kashyyyk is different than the moon of Endor because it is like Kamino. It has tall trees, many stories high. I hope they do it like described in Rebel Dawn, Hutt Gambit, and this one other book that I forget.

Originally posted by yaebginn

Most chances that it will be like kamino

Originally posted by yaebginn

Most chances that it will be like kamino

• 3 weeks later...

EP3: Wookiee World at War

Fri, Aug 06, 04 07:49:06 PM EDT

The Homing Beacon newsletter sheds some light on what is one of the most-anticipated action sequences in Episode III.

"We wanted to have a sort of high-tech Frank Lloyd Wright feel where the Wookiees incorporated the natural environments into their living conditions," says Church. "George was very specific about not wanting to see the same thing over and over again. We're visiting a lot of planets in Episode III, so when we cut to Kashyyyk really quickly, you have to know where you are."

The end result will be a single city on Kashyyyk that straddles several massive trees. Though other published sources have explored the thickest areas of jungle canopy, Episode III's location is on the shore of a tree-lined lagoon, offering greater visual dynamics and story potential.

In Episode III, Kashyyyk will be at war, and as such, the Art Department needed to develop Wookiee instruments of warfare. "We wanted it to look distinct from what the rest of the cultures in the Star Wars universe use," says Church. "Feng Zhu did a lot of these technical illustrations, and came up with a very unique aesthetic. I wanted to come up with a type of vehicle that implied that only a Wookiee could handle it. Like they took some kind of technology that's out there, and they commandeered it and modified it for their own use."

EP3: Wookiee Filming Begins

Sun, Aug 01, 04 11:22:33 AM EDT

There's new details on Episode III coming from the latest set diary for paying subscribers to Lucasfilm's website. Here's a summary we've provided for you:

- Peter Mayhew is back in the Chewie costume. He is filming scenes with a new character called Tarfful.

- Tarrful is a dreaded wookiee and is much bulkier than Chewie. He wears battle armor and leads the charge against the invading Separatist army.

- As we've known for months, they reveal officially today that Yoda is included in these scenes. We find out he is the assigned protector to this world. Kind of ironic since he's SO short and they are SO tall.

- They are filming battle scenes and at the end an escape scene.

- Everything was filmed on green screen and the backgrounds are being worked on via miniature and in the digital workshop.

EP3: Digital Wookiees and Fight Scenes

Thu, Jul 29, 04 01:40:54 AM EDT

(os) Tonight we got news that the wookiees will rule Revenge of the Sith! OK, not really, but they do have a really cool scene they're filming in England right now. Here's some highlights of the new information.

Confirmation - DIGITAL WOOKIEES!

The actor that plays Tarfful is Michael Kingma. Kingma's movements not only define Tarfful, but will define all the digital wookiees in ROTS.

"The Wookiees in Revenge of the Sith will be realized through a combination of practical costumes and digital extras."

Also, we will see Wookiee extras are guiding in helicopter traffic, loading supplies on landing platforms, or barking orders to clones and Wookiees.

"In other cases, it's Wookiees leading troops into the fray, jumping out from behind cover and charging forward, or recoiling from a near miss of heavy ordnance."

Sounds like the wookiee is really going to shine in ROTS. Spies previously have shared pictures of the wookiee boats and a recent feature on starwars.com also featured plenty of Kashyyyk concept art that ties into this latest report.

Archived