Home

Sfx2

jojobob

I recently watched a couple of the old star wars movies to test my new TV w/ built in VCR & DVD ;). I noticed that the lasers in those old movies (ANH, ESB, RoTJ) went a lot faster than they do in academy. They're also not pink. They were a dark red without whites in the middle. I was thinking of a game i had that has "star wars realistic" lasers and gameplay. So i remembered an old JK2 MP mod: SFX2. I played it and found that the lasers went really fast, were pretty inaccurate if you shoot fast, make cool spark effects, and looked good. They also did lots of damage. Has anyone played this mod? If it were incorporated into ForceMod III, then FM3 would be the best, most "star wars realistic" mod ever. Is this at all possible? I also heard that SFX3 was being made but stopped because of some saber coding. It was gonna be for JA. I'd also like to know who the creator was and if he/she would give permission to FM3 team to use it, if they want to, and if it could be incorporated into JA/JO SP.

Originally posted by jojobob

I also heard that SFX3 was being made but stopped because of some saber coding

I stopped working on it because Jedi Academy doesn't work

too well in my computer...

If you want to use my SFX saber effects in your JA mod or

just play with them you can get them from HERE

Originally posted by jojobob

did you try save target as?

Ah, that worked. Thanks.

Edit: I guess I spoke too soon. When I downloaded it it was corrupt. Now when I try to re-download it it's giving me a Windows error message that says that the site is unavailable.

Archived