Home

Cantina 13: Rebellion

Deac

Vigilance

*Starr looks at Irvine with just a hint of confusion showing through his masklike face, as if trying to assess him*

Starr: Regardles of your happy memories with them, the Jedi are misguided fools. Most have no understanding of true power. Lord Cracken allowed you to come to your own decision and so shall I.

*He deactivates his saber*

Starr: My master cannot give you your power. He can only show you the way. You must harness your emotions. You must be ruthless! You must embrace power.

*He turns away* If you do not, you shall probably not survive this.

*He begins walking towards the interior exit doors of the docking bay. On the other sides of the doors, the presences of many soldiers can be sensed*

----------

Ulna Shardes

Nereli: Very interesting.

*He steps back and bows* Forgive us for our rudeness. My name is Nereli, and we are called Blades. We are of the Earth as you are, of the Aether. We are here searching for dangerous beings from our dimension who have hidden in this one.

*He pauses* If my companion Termand Rwos is correct, we are from parallel realities. Never before have Blades encountered such a thing, and we are honored to meet you.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unla Shardes underground

Talon "Blades interesting."

*Talon tilts his head.*

Talon "I have been known through centuries as Talon, but the name that was given to me by my mother is David. And this..." *Motioning to Chimeria* "Is my grandson Johnathon. And the Honor is felt more on this side."

*Chimera turns and bows, thinking that it has been too long since he had heard Talon refer to himself as his human name.*

--------

The Vigilance

*Irvine picks up his saber, his hand shook slightly, still a bit wery. He almost forgot about his leg until he steped on it.*

Irvine "Don't worry about me then." *Ignites his saber*

Portal Planet

*The cult ship speeds toward Deac, who raises his shields and starts firing rapidly. The cult ship takes a few hits, but does not seem to be daunted. Two large energy blades are deployed from the sides. Deac manages to spin the ship so that the blades miss the critical systems, but a missile launcher is cut off and can be seen drifting out into space*

------------------------------

Underground, Mos Eisely

Gamma: According to the news, didn't he die a few days ago?

----------------------------------

Darkstar Skyhook

Reletha: Five Minutes. A shame. I hate wasting admirals.

Mirra: We shall be fine, thankyou. My brother's Oath Men will remain here. If refreshment could be brought to them? We will look foward to dinner.

*Mirra and her maids dissapear into one of the rooms, Hal and one Gaurd dissapear into another. Two of the Gaurds take up position out side the door.*

--------------------------------------------------------

Dasken: Okay, here goes. *Climbs down after Greer.*

Mos Eisley Cantina, Underground

Riss: It iss a little known fact that Beler Jil wass formerly one of the mosst greatesst Karathi assassinss. He wass one of the few of uss to make true political allianccess. He joined the Rebel Alliancse after Karathi fell, and worked for the New Republic after the Rebelss won the war. The resst of uss who remained hid in the sshadowss. With Beler'ss abilitiess and knowledge of us, the Republic could have eassily eliminated uss had we sshown our facess. We either retired or bided our time. To our knowledge, Beler never disscovered that we continued to ssurvive.

Celeste: Let me ask you another question, which may or may not make this a bit simpler. What do you know about other dimensions? Or dimensional travel?

----------

Vigilance

Docking Bay Thirteen

*The soldiers guarding a pair of the interior bay exit doors are somewhat surprised when the doors in front of them open of their own volition, and the bay is completely empty, except for Irvine's ship, and the debris of Starr's. One trooper officer ventures forward past the doors, looking around. No one is there*

Officer: *on comm* There has a malfunction in the doors we are guarding. Likely caused by the fight in the bay. All combatants appear to be gone. They are either hiding in the debris or in Councilman Cracern's ship.

Bridge

*On the bridge, Luthen scowls at the news*

Luthen: Has the bay been sealed off?

*She gets an affirmative*

Luthen: Good. Flush it into space. Order all our fighters to attack and destroy Councilman Cracern's ship. Immediately!

*She begins debating what she can best say to Chancellor Reletha to get herself out of this very awkward situation, especially if Starr actually did manage to escape...*

Four minutes.

Halls

*Starr and Irvine walk directly by a platoon of stormtroopers, dressed in the new Separatist-designed uniforms. Just as the soldiers guarding the hangar, they are not seen*

Starr: They must not become aware of our presence until it is too late.

*They arrive at a set of turbolifts*

Starr: We must reach the nearest command center. Then we must use that to access the bridge.

((OOS: I'm sort of ad-libbing on the interior structure of Star Destroyers, so someone give me a hint if I'm super-mistaken :D))

Riss: It iss a little known fact that Beler Jil wass formerly one of the mosst greatesst Karathi assassinss. He wass one of the few of uss to make true political allianccess. He joined the Rebel Alliancse after Karathi fell, and worked for the New Republic after the Rebelss won the war. The resst of uss who remained hid in the sshadowss. With Beler'ss abilitiess and knowledge of us, the Republic could have eassily eliminated uss had we sshown our facess. We either retired or bided our time. To our knowledge, Beler never disscovered that we continued to ssurvive.

Celeste: Let me ask you another question, which may or may not make this a bit simpler. What do you know about other dimensions? Or dimensional travel?

"What does this have to do with us?" Nom wondered. "Are you interested in my sister and I traveling interdemensionally?"

"In other words," Tarila said, "though we know it is possible, we have never done so."

Mos Eisley, Underground

Riss: *to Gamma* Correct. The Empire commisssioned ressearch into exisstencse of other dimenssionss, their value, and the technology with which to reach them. They had only limited successsess. However their activity attracted other beingss from other dimenssionss to thiss one. When the Empire fell, the New Republic transsformed and took over many of their old projectss. Another little known fact about Beler Jil iss that he ssomehow ended up working for the NRI'ss ssecret Interdimenssional divission. It was through him that extradimenssionalss discovered uss. *Gesturing to himself and Celeste* It is becausse of his death that we Karathi have once again sshowed our facess.

*A voice comes from behind Nom, Tarila and Gamma* That's where I come in.

*The voice belongs to a tall human woman wearing what appears to be an exotic-looking business suit. She smells slightly of liquor, but does not appear drunk in the slightest*

Woman: Lily Aren, extradimensional human. If you decide to accept the offer Riss and Celeste are about to give you, I'll be your backer. Pleasure to meet you.

----------

Ulna Shardes

Nereli: Our business here is concluded, so we shall trouble you no longer. However, if you wish, we may meet again in the future. Your people and mine could certainly learn much from each other, especially in a less...hostile situation than that in which we have unfortunately met. What say you?

((hmm, my 5 month old niece is named 'Lily'))

Ulna Shardes underground

Talon "Yes, that would be most looked forward to. However, I have to inquire, although it maybe my curiosity turning to imagination, but our technology isn't as,.. sophisticated?" *speaking in implying terms* "If I were perhaps would want or need the ability to contact you...?"

----------

Tatoonie: Mos Eisley, Underground

*A slight ripple moves along the wall from the back of the room to the front right near Lily Aren.*

Shunchi *unseen by those without the eyes to notice* "Hehe, I love the smell of a good bourbon on a broad."

--------

Vigilance

Irvine "At least I hope they haven't changed policy on what sorts of personel there."

---------

Byss

*The shuttles land, and the cargo doors opens and out comes the stormtroopers lining up with their rifles ready...*

Mos Eisley, Underground

Nom and Tarila stood still, undaunted by the voice of one they could not see. Nom turned to Tarila and spoke in their language. Tarila responded, her voice filled with excitement. Finally, Nom turned back to Riss.

"What is your offer?" he said.

Underground

Gamma: Are you offering us to join you perhaps? That would interest me greatly.

----------------------------------

Byss

*A robed figure greets the stormtroopers*

Figure: Welcome, honoured visitors from the Empire. You are seeking the remains of House Darkstar's arsenal, are you not? Please follow me to our high chaper where our leader wishes to speak with you.

-----------------------------------

Portal Planet

*Deac spins the ship, whilst Syrnl heads upto the turrets and begins firing. The shots begin to have a slow effect*

Deac: Syrnl! Keep firing! I'm gonna get us out of here!

((Writing this while dead tired. I apologize for any errors I may have made.))

Vigilance

Bridge

Officer: Admiral...there is a problem. Sensors detect no life forms aboard Cracern's ship. Neither Starr Hailfire nor Councilman Cracern are anywhere within the area.

Luthen: Are you telling me that the two of them have...simply...disappeared?!

Officer: That appears to be the situation, Admiral.

Luthen: Get me Chancellor Reletha Darkstar, now!

Nearly out of time. Got to make Reletha understand that the blame for this is squarely on that damned councilman for interfering...before she decides to execute me!

Command Station

*Starr enters the room filled with military personnel, followed by Irvine. He is seen by the others as a superior officer*

Officer: Sir! What are you doing here, sir?

Starr: Special orders. *speaking in a whisper* Now, you will answer all my questions immediately and without question, and you will not recall that I told you to do so. Who can I speak to about the Vanguard?

Officer: Sir...we know nothing about the Vanguard. You should speak with the Admiral...

Starr: Who is the admiral, and where can I find him?

Officer: Her, sir, the admiral is a woman. Admiral Jene Luthen is, of course, in the bridge at the moment.

Starr: How can I get there as quickly as possible?

Officer: You can use the emergency transport system. You will need the appropriate security clearance, of course.

Starr: That will not be a problem. You will not remember we had this conversation. Farewell.

*He turns, and walks out, heading for "Emergency Transport". He uses the Force to speed up his movements, sensing he is low on time*

----------

Ulna Shardes

Nereli: You have but to name the method of communication which you would prefer.

----------

Riss: Thiss iss our offer: we wissh you to join uss. We are creating a new asssasssin'ss guild. A guild of the besst in the galaxy, working together under the ssame banner.

Celeste: Thanks to Miss Aren's resources, we have access to equipment, technology, weapons the likes of which you have never seen. If it's about the money for you, well, we can pay you literally any amount you can name.

Riss: In exchange for this, you will receive misssionss conssiderably more dangerouss than any you might ordinarily be offered. However, I am ssure that will not be a deterrent for asssasssinss like you. What do you ssay? I asssume you sstill have quesstionss, sso sspeak away.

Underground

Gamma: Let me review. You're offering high risk missions with large pay and highly advanced equipment? My only question is this: What's in it for you? And what's the catch?

----------------------------

Portal Planet

*Syrnl fires several missiles at the ship, hitting the energy blade, causing it to break off. The ship then hypers away*

Deac: Damn! Couldn't get a fix on its jump...but we might be able to follow the ion trail...

-----------------------------

Darkstar Skyhook

Reletha: Yes Admiral? Disappeared? And you think Councilman Cracern is responsible...wait a moment *Reletha remembers him*. I think that will be adequate, Admiral Luthen. I am restoring command codes and deactivating your self destruct system. Now bring me their heads.

((That little spur of the moment idea is turning to a good plot mix (ie for later with F. Irvine)))

Ulna Shardes

Talon *smiles* "Like I mentioned, I have no idea what you would use, technology from another dimension could rather be far more advanced then our own."

-----------------

*Man sitting in a louge chair, playing with a deck of Sabbac cards*

"Yes, even though we don't usualy ask about such, but who's willing to employ us for so much that we'd do this?"

Vigilance

Bridge

*Admiral Luthen breathes a silent sigh of relief*

Luthen: *to her officers* They are somewhere on this ship. I want them found, and I want them found now. Scan every inch of this vessel if you have to!

*She turns back to a view of Docking Bay Thirteen, provided by mobile surveillance droids*

Luthen: Oh, and send a unit to retrieve the dead and injured Vanguard. They can still be of use.

Emergency Transport

*Starr uses a stolen clearance card to open the section. Inside the area are several sets of specially designed turbolifts*

Unusual design...of course, this is a newly built ship, obviously a slightly different design than the Executors...

----------

Ulna Shardes

Nereli: We use many different methods, and are capable of using nearly any technological method. Perhaps if you could tell us what your standard methods of communication are?

----------

*Aren answers the sabaac-playing man* Why, me, of course.

Riss: Ass a condition of Misss Aren'ss ssupport, we will agree to accept any misssion sshe choossess to give uss. Thiss iss the ssole catch.

*He pauses*

Riss: Ass for what we gain from thiss? Ssame ass you.

Celeste: Riss and I did not stay undercover for so long simply because we were afraid of Beler Jil. We were bored. There were too few... interesting opportunities for assassins like us. Until Aren approached us.

Aren: I have enemies, extradimensionals like me. The most effective way I can play my hand safely here is to stay in the shadows, as it were, and use people like you. Natives of this dimension. And you are the best at what I want.

Sabaac-playing man "I'm sure I speak for everyone else here when I say that you should remember that even when we do accept your missions that we're not your lapdogs. I especially like doing things my way, alike meny more members in this room."

---------

Ulna Shardes

Talon "Again to be honest, we have only developed technology relitive to our needs. 'Necessity is the mother of invention.' Like this planet, Terraforming Technology, is centuries beyond what we have figured to have progressed. As for Interstellar Communication, well, it is limited to telempathy, more or less 'chained'. But I would of course enjoy this relationship if I had more of tangible method. It would certainly help us a very great deal in our native portion of the universe."

-----------

The Vigilance

Irvine "I guess we just pick one then."

Underground

Gamma: Well then, when do we start?

-------------------------------

Byss

*F.Irvine is shown to the grand chapel. Above him is a huge obsidian statue of a four armed figure, each hand holding a different item. One hand is empty, the others hold various vials, computer disks,and the other a warhead. Mr Black can now be seen clearly kneeling below the statue.

He is a tall man, completely hairless with dark eyes and a gaunt face.He has a black five pointed star tatooed on his forehead*

Mr Black: Welcome. I suppose you deserve an introduction. I am Rishtag, High Priest of the Darkstar Cult.

*He stands, and turns to face Irvine*

Archived