Home

WIP: Princess Leia

Hindy

Hi all

Its been a long time since i modeled for JO/JA, well since i modeled full stop :) I am back if a little rusty and working on Leia which has been a project i shelved a while back.

Here is a rough piccy, no where near complete just starting with the hair before tweaking the face and sorting those "edgey" parts. Like i say this is a very early render but i find posting and receiving crit spruns me on, so i give u Princess Leia

index.cgi?pick=get&tp=98441

Feel free to crit and point to improvements but i am still working on this so i ll prolly be doing what ur suggesting before u suggest...If that makes sense :)

Regards

Hindy aka Hinch of Tarq (SWG) <----- in case any of u play :p

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hehe martian eh! lol :)

Im working with awful reference pics to be honest, i could only find 1 image of leia from ANH looking perfectly forawrd and im using a hand drawn profile pic. They dont match so i have to make do :(

If anyone has great profile or portrait pics then please post em in the thread.

I have another suggestion also :) if u can c improvements that need to b made download the pic of my model and use red lines to denote where u believe the contours of the face should b made better... I think this ll b the most help as when ur staring at ur work for hrs on end u miss whats wrong so its good to take a step back while others maul ur work....

Anyways i ll post more martian *cough* Leia pics later, thanx for the input so far but PLEASE PLEASE point out where u think things r wrong its the only way i ll improve and make a great model

Hindy

tn_342624Leia_headsheet.jpg

A quick head sheet for u guys to look at, been working on the body today so this is what i was working with last night...

Remember any crit is good crit! draw on the piccies too i wanna make a great model!

Hindy

Oh 1 more thing CLICK ON THE THUMB for a bigger pic :)

And here is another pic which cant b used due to the insane polycount...2500 i think, i added a meshsmooth with 1 iteration...Looks kinda sweet i think tho

tn_612459Meshsmoothiteration.jpg

Hindy

Lauser: Thanx, i really like the last screen personally but i cant use it in game as the total model would b 5-6k polys... The the previous 3 view is the current "in game" mesh when i finish with the tweaking.

I wanna rebuild the nose as it looks gash apart from the smoothed version, i already built the thing 3 times...Grrr

RJW: Dude what happened with Gollum? I never heard from u? that model was done waiting for sounds... Anyway i ll b skinning the model myself as im on a tight deadline...

All my models u ll c will b for my portfolio so im working my arse to finish etc...August 31st deadline then i start applying for jobs! So keep an eye out i plan to do a new Jango/Boba! Prolly start next week or defo week after.

Current Progress

=============

Working on the body now literally, 3rd build on the under model wasnt happy with the joints on the previous versions, wrestling with arms atm, then onto the breasts (hate modeling them, almost as much as hair!). Wanna get the undermodel (no clothes) done tonight ( midnight now :( ) so i can start building up the clothes on top.

If u have any questions feel free to ask, I ll post more pics tomorrow.

Till then

Hindy out

Ok here is an early pic with body...

tn_336402Withbod.jpg

Im trying a different technique for this so Leia is a lil fat atm and has no breasts...The body was modeled around the JK skeleton for ease of conversion but i ll slim here down too... just the clothes now, which ll prolly mean i ll end up deleting most of the mesh that wont b seen, ah well

C ya

Hindy

Another pic for u guys, im moving quite quick now but as i ll b heading out soon hes a lil taster of how the clothes r shaping up... Thats of course if anyone actually visits the forums anymore!!

tn_967102Leia_withBod.jpg

This is not a finished mesh just yet! i gotta add the legs under the dress and fix the shoulders...the arms r quite appalling too at the mo.

*Note* the image on the left is the as the previous post but as im swapping between Max 4.2 & 6 the points r coming unwelded, dunno why?

Hindy out

Hey scout! long time no see... Im planning on skinning it due to my tight schedule but if u wanna have a bash ur welcome too but i will need em done pretty sharpish

If ur up to the challenge, u ll get full credit for the skins etc

==========================================

1 question for u all tho, does the robe look flowing? im trying to give it a draping look over the belt...

Hindy

I will b covering most of the Leia outfits from the 3 films, hopefully....

I ll b sending Scouttrooper the Leia head as it stands at present, so he can have a play with the skin :)

Then we can start having a proper look at what needs to b addressed with the face :)

Regards

Hindy

Hindy,

Movie Battles has a very specific interest in this model.

If your ok with us using it for the mod, we will try and provide you with any help you need. (Any modelling help, skinning etc.)

Good luck with it. It's looking great so far :)

And as I say, let us know if we can assist in any way.

Archived