Home

True Sith, will they be Diabolical villans?

Naphtali

There were plenty of Sith in part 1. Do you think these are the same Sith. I hope not, I hope the these Sith are unrelated, and they reveal something to the affect that they were in a diiferent part of the galaxy while Reven and Malak used the power of the Star Forge to be pretenders.

Its been said this game will focus more on the apprentice master relationship. I hope the head sith remains unseen, the one in the white mask, is definetly a he. SO far the villans look to be more sinister, what are you hoping for from the villans

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically what you've listed above; a more sinister touch to the sith, more than just looking sinister but being completly non-feeling, evil. Hopefully no 'evil Malak laugh' if that makes sence, visually a variation in the models. I don't think a master should look like an apprentice in the JO reborn garb, that IMO was just laziness on the part of Bio.

I just want them to be flat out EVIL, ya know? Something that makes ya think, "Damn, thats an evil thing to do/say/etc."

Have to say it again, for the PC dark side choices, no more of this 'give me your lunch $$ or I'll kick your teeth in' crap.

Don't you have another thread that is similar to this one? Anyway, yea I do hope that the Sith actually scare me in this game, I mean if you ask me even without the fancy mods and my uber strong character the Sith were a bunch of pushovers.

Originally posted by FiEND_138

Have to say it again, for the PC dark side choices, no more of this 'give me your lunch $$ or I'll kick your teeth in' crap.

You say it again FiEND and I'll agree to it again! :D

Doesn't Carth say something on Korriban about the Sith stealing our lunch credits?

Originally posted by maverick187

Don't you have another thread that is similar to this one?

I am the Jedi Master Deja Vu... "Have we not met before monsieur?" :D

^^^

@ RedHawke

Your a modder, right? Would it be possible to go through & change Revan's DS responses to people? I don't know anything about modding, put a piece of music in front of me & I can play it, but I try modding I just get lost. So I'll ask you, would it be do-able or is something like that coded into the engine (marking flags as true, false, evil, etc)?

I've been meaning to post this at Holowan, but it seems to always slip my mind when I'm there. Just curious ;)

/End thread hijack/

& I do think Carth says something about stealing lunch $$$. Thats great, can't believe I never caught that before. Good work :animelol:

^^^^

Yes you could FiEND...

I even thought to try it, after helping Maverick187 with the Lightsaber Pack, I found out it would be a monumental task, you would have either to edit almost every one of game modules .dlg files to change them to have the responses you wanted or another way is to alter the main games dialogue.tlk file and change the responses there, that file stores most all of the Text in the game, and either way would take quite a while to do.

Not to mention a 5+MB download is not taken lightly by people with modems.

But to answer your question FiEND it is possible.

^^^^

No problem FiEND! :D

Back on topic:

Being that KOTOR: TSL will have the Jedi and Sith prestiege classes, possibly in the game if you go with 1 of the 3 Sith classes you will be able to slightly dictate somewhat how the Sith around you act. That would be very cool! :D

I can't remember what it was about, but I remember that on the Holowan Board people were talking about something else that someone wanted to do that would also take upwards of 5 MB, but oh well different mod different story.

First of all, allow me to say that I loved Darth Malak as a villain(but not as an end boss as I've described before). From his first line that we heard in the trailer(Wipe this planet from the face of the galaxyyyyyy) to this final lines at his defeat(And yet in the end... I am nothing.), I simply enjoyed him. A bloody brilliant campy villain. Evil, pure evil. Not the Dark Side geniuses that Marka Ragnos, Exar Kun, Revan and Palpatine were, but just a campy evil. I was almost literally cheering for his speeches at the end, they just completely defined his one-dimensional character. And that's what I knda liked. Bioware didn't even seem to pretend that he was more than he was. He was evil for the sake of being evil, rude for the sake of being rude, and just over-the-top. And I loved that of him. Not every villain needs to have a painful background.

(and as a little sidenote, one of this best lines has got to be the "Hero, saviour, conqueror, liberator, you are all these things, Revan, and yet, you... are... NOTHING!" at the end. And hell, I wouldn't be surprised if this would somehow play a role in Revan's eventual fate that'll be revealed in KotOR 2)

As for the Sith in KotOR being pretenders, I certainly hope not. In fact, the one thing that frightens me and I certainly hope won't be true is that we'll find out in KotOR 2 is that Revan and Malak's Sith Empire was just part of a much larger Sith Empire. It completely undermines KotOR 1, and just makes the story of KotOR 1 seem a whole lot less epic than it was. When KotOR I was still in development, one of the key aspects that I always praised on these boards was the fact that we were, finally, going to play the main characters in a universe. Not a pilot who flies a few parsecs away from Luke(Keyan Farlander and Ace Azzameen in the X-Wings series), not a commando who undergoes a mission of his own(Kyle Katarn in the Dark Forces series), and not the main characters from the movies(as seen in various SW games). No, we were finally going to play THE Anakin/Luke Skywalkers of a new era, 4000 years before the movies. We were finally going to have an important hand in shaping the events of the future, taking on THE villain of that era(Darth Malak) and not some lackey(General Mohc), killing THE Bounty Hunter of that era(Calo Nord) and not merely knocking him down(Boba Fett in DF), and personally have a hand in the outcome of THE greatest battle in that time(Battle of the Star Forge) instead of doing a side event or suddenly taking over the main characters from the movies(The X-Wing series).

Those were the things that I was looking forward to in KotOR... and to suddenly find out that it was something a whole lot smaller undermines it. Yes, KotOR 2 would need to be bigger, better and more epic than KotOR 1, I presume. But in no way should it undermine the events that happened anyways.

(which is also amongst the reasons why I'd favored it if KotOR 2 would take place a few decades later)

EDIT : Oh, wait, wait, what was this about again?[/Jolee Bindo] Ah yes, the Sith attitude. I have to admit that the Sith did felt like a group of schoolyard bullies from time to time, but I personally reckon that a large part of it is Malak's influence. The Sith do look up to their master, and to suddenly see this big evil Sith Lord acting like a bully... well, they imitate it. Not that I like it, but it would seem that the Sith just acted like this under Malak's rule. Certainly looking forward to see if the new Dark Lords made the Sith followers change their attitudes.

I never thought of it that way Burrie, that the Sith in KOTOR were acting out like their Dark Lord Malak was... that makes a lot of sense.

After all if the Dark Lord of the Sith acts this way then that would surely be the way to act for you to eventually become a Sith Lord yourself.

Interesting! :D

So the sith under Revan were all a bunch of lunch credit thieving jerks .....J/K J/K

*chuckles* Well, perhaps under the reincarnated Revan(ie. the one we play). For the old Revan, methinks that that they would've been a whole lot more subtle, and perhaps a whole lot more like Uthar, the one Sith who really seemed a bit more compassionate about the Sith, one of the last dedicated followers of the old Darth Revan, I think.

they would've been a whole lot more subtle, and perhaps a whole lot more like Uthar, the one Sith who really seemed a bit more compassionate about the Sith, one of the last dedicated followers of the old Darth Revan, I think.

Thats who I wish more of the sith were like in K1. I think they captured the sith perfect with that character, a shame they didn't carry more of his personality over to more of them, even the PC for that matter. O well, perhaps in TSL.

I also think your right about Uthar being one of the last followers of Revan. He always struck me as being cut from a different cloth than Malak & the rest, just could never put my finger on it.

Actually FiEND it would be the Sith under Malak that would all be lunch credit stealing punks!

(I know you were kidding FiEND! :D)

And I agree Burrie, I think Uthar was one of the Coolest Sith in the whole of KOTOR, and him being part of the old Sith guard would make perfect sense.

That also would explain the previous Sith Master at the Korriban academy, the supposedly mad Jorak Uln was in seclusion in the Korriban Tomb of Tulak Hord testing new students that wandered in the tomb where he was, he would test them to see if they had the true spirit of a Sith. I always thought that was out of place in KOTOR but now putting the Sith situation in an old-guard, new-guard light it explains a lot about why he was there and what he was actually doing. At least to me anyway! :D

Originally posted by Burrie

Just curious, as I have yet to try it for myself, but once the PC knows who he is, can't you convince Uthar that you're Revan at the final test and could keep him alive that way?

I don't know that myself, the only 2 times I went to Korriban last was when I was playing Lightside... well you just gave me an excuse to play through KOTOR again! :D

Just curious, as I have yet to try it for myself, but once the PC knows who he is, can't you convince Uthar that you're Revan at the final test and could keep him alive that way?

Yes, I don't remember the exact dialog but it's something along the lines of:

I knew there was something different about you. If you succeed in defeating Malak, all the Sith will follow you...

He also bows to you.

Originally posted by deathdisco

Yes, I don't remember the exact dialog but it's something along the lines of:

I knew there was something different about you. If you succeed in defeating Malak, all the Sith will follow you...

He also bows to you.

Interesting deathdisco I'll have to try that. :D

Originally posted by maverick187

I still enjoy gutting the tattoo faced freak with my lightsaber, even if he is the 'noblest' of the Sith in the academy.

But Mav, doesn't everyone deserve a chance at redemption?

Wait a tick! I just asked a lightsided question!!! Eww!!! :p

Forget I asked that... Just keep on hackn' on em' Mav! :D

all of the sith in the academy are just there because they happen to be force sensitive. They have only just started and are flexing their muscles so to speak.

They have not yet found the true ways of the sith and if you speak to one of the teachers they are a lot forboding and sinister.

I still enjoy gutting the tattoo faced freak with my lightsaber, even if he is the 'noblest' of the Sith in the academy.

Ahhh, yes... loved the moment when I could finally drop the 'Dark Side' facade. That one moment where Uthar and Yuthura are questioning which side I should choose, and I could say "I choose neither, I choose me!", and then explain how I had done everything to get the starmap from them... ooh yes, definatley a memorable scene.

And if you tricked them into poisoning each other. :D "What can I say? I'm not dumb."

Dark Jedi Revan didn't always act like a punk trying to steal lunch credits. He also had some memorable, very Sith like moments. Like using dominate mind to force Zalbbar to kill Mission - classic Sith.

Archived