Home

Biggest things that make JK2 the superior game

FlashRam

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by TK-8252

Basically, this thread is just an excuse to bash JA+ and pimp xMod.

*Sigh*

yes lol

it was exactly what i was thinking

since the beginning Xmod members or Xmod friend (like amidala)go on various forums, or in my mods thread to try to constantly speak about things in JA+ that according to them ruins the game and always propose Xmod as the best mod....

Basically, this thread is just an excuse to bash JA+ and pimp xMod.

*Sigh*

I haven't said one word about any other mod in this thread.

Wow TK, of all people I never thought you would would join same slider groupies that you used to mock.

I guess the lure of the Dark Side is stronger than I thought :(

Anyway slider, you still haven't taken any responsibility for making the ridiculously unbalanced g_forceregentime 0 the de facto default value on a large number of servers (because of newbies being too unknowledgable-intimidated-confused to edit that monstorous sample server.cfg file of yours, and just using it with minimal changes). What harm could there be in changing the value in the sample server.cfg to 100 or 50 or 40 or even 20? Anything would be better than 0. People who wanted 0 could always change it.

There's different sides of the JA community. Some prefer playing a more competitive way with JK2 kicks and no 'honour rules'.

The other prefers to treat JA like some sort of playground, which is also fun for them.

I play both ways, and I haven't really got any complaints about it

I also have to agree with TK and Amidala, this is kind of gathering up to be a JA+ hating thread, and Slider, take our advice, change some things like force regeneration time to 100 or so (I guess it's between the line of Default and Popular) and if the admin wants to change it, they'll learn on the way to edit a server configuration file.

I don't think your mod made most of JA players into 'honour' players, this all started some time back, I think...

To whoever said JK2 veterans always prefer to play the competitive way: think twice. I have been playing JK2 since it came out and I've been pretty good at it, (atleast when I was playing it, I don't anymore) yet sometimes I prefer to play the competitive style, and other times I just like to sit around and chat and relax.

Luckily I know of a clan server that has both of these gaming styles mixed together. You can't kill someone with their saber off or typing (chatbox = god mode, anyway, it's a JA+ feature) but trust me, they're always up for some full Force flipkicking saber action.

i can see what ja+mod and is "nice" server.cfg has been doing. in portugal there are 4 servers- 1 with ja+ with forceregen 0(wich they think that is jka default) and 3 basejka. now the funny is that when they come to the basejka they start to do only katas(the portuguese players are more newbies at each day pass) and they they run and complain about force regen of not being default. funny what you did slider.

Ami, I'm not trying to promote JA+, it's just that the constant bashing of JA+ has gotten really, really old. This thread is truely a JA+ bashing and xMod promotion thread hidden by an interesting title.

Back when JA+ was new and really just the return of the #1 abuse mod of Jedi Outcast it was worthy of some bashing, but not anymore. As you have said about xMod, the damage is already done. I'm not "joining Slider's groupies" by sticking up for him. This thread is a lousy excuse for a discussion about JO/JA, which it was originally intended to be. Instead of discussing the pros and cons of JO and JA this has basically turned into a thread to bash one mod (which is irrelivant to the topic since a mod is not the actual game) and promote another. Why not just rename this topic "Why XMod is Better Than JA+"? Then at least the discussion would make sense. :dozey:

And I'm not exactly for xMod anymore (I used to be 100% for xMod) since Hex has proven his arrogance by adding the abusive commands back in to simply "compete" with Slider.

Just to add my critisism towards JA+... I think that yes, it does infact ruin any hopes of gameplay. Having 0 Force regen just makes battles a drain/heal fest as many other people have said. Having jetpacks and grapple hooks at will ruins gameplay too. But since most people prefer jetpacks and grapple hooks, there's nothing to stop them. But, it would help a lot, Slider, if you would set Force regen back to the standard setting.

What other Mod do you find Emotes like JA+?None

What other mod allows you to use Grapple and Jetpack like JA+? None

What other mod is so much more fun than JA? None

(and I played JK2 since it first came out and JK3 when it first came out, So i'm not a noob)

All the other mods are boring compared to JA+. JA+ is so much more fun and makes JK3 better than it was.

To the person who commented immediately above me, many people feel that these things are boring and stupid, and would rather play without them, which is why JKA is dying, and the majority of the elite jk2 players won't even touch this game.

I did not start this thread to pump xmod over ja+, that was just the natural result, since I feel ja+ is one of the major things ruining this game. It's impossible for me to have fun on a ja+ server. The amount of bull**** it has added is just impossible to fully explain, whether it be some newb going into chat right when he's about to die to avoid death, or some moron flying around with a jetpack on a gun server, or just some clueless idiot grappling around to collect ammo instead of learning the proper routes. In case you newbies havn't noticed, Guns + Jetpacks is just about the most idiotic balance i've ever seen. it's just a shortcut to not having to learn to play the game the way it's meant to be played. Newbies start to depend on these things, and thus, the actual game and skills it takes to play it die off. Newbies begin to think they are elite when they have no clue how to navigate the maps, and even less clue how to strafe jump or play the actual game.

Originally posted by Iain007

What other Mod do you find Emotes like JA+?None

To be honest, JA+'s emotes suck. They don't let you move and people get stuck inside you. XMod does have better emotes.

What other mod allows you to use Grapple and Jetpack like JA+? None

OmniMod allows jetpacks... and grapple hooks were in another mod... forgot the name.

What other mod is so much more fun than JA? None

That's YOUR opinion.

And BTW, JK3 hasn't come out yet. Jedi Academy is not JK3. ;)

To be honest, JA+'s emotes suck. They don't let you move and people get stuck inside you. XMod does have better emotes.

not true, if all people use the plugin or if the server is pure and the plugin is installed on the server, you are note freezed any more if you use static emots

That's YOUR opinion.

that is also your opinion TK-8252

Originally posted by Slider744

not true, if all people use the plugin or if the server is pure and the plugin is installed on the server, you are note freezed any more if you use static emots

Hmm... I've never seen that. But I suppose that's because I never play on pure servers. Why not just fix it up so that emoting doesn't let people get stuck inside of you, and so you can move in certain emotes?

Originally posted by Slider744

that is also your opinion TK-8252

My opinion is that no server mod for Jedi Academy is perfect. All mods have their pros and cons.

Seriously, if you're all about having fun ONLY, then JA+ would be the mod for you, what with the grapple, jetpack, and stuff. :rolleyes: However, if you are into serious competitive playing, then you should choose xMod. I'm sure that some of us would like to have fun, while others want to play competitively. Just because someone wants to have fun doesn't mean he's a newbie...

You know what screws up the community more then any mod... The slow ass map downloads on ALL servers. You know who is fixing that and half the other crud that is making the game not playable... I know myself for one.

You guys know anyone who is adding more crap to the pile we have to work with right now... yeah ok :rolleyes:

I don't know about that. While I agree that it's a pain in the ass, I really doubt it's the root cause of any community issues.

The Quake games used the same system and I never heard of it causing any real problems.

I'm sure the main reason for people leaving the community is (and will probably always be) due to individuals gettin bored with the game.

Originally posted by razorace

I don't know about that. While I agree that it's a pain in the ass, I really doubt it's the root cause of any community issues.

The Quake games used the same system and I never heard of it causing any real problems.

I'm sure the main reason for people leaving the community is (and will probably always be) due to individuals gettin bored with the game.

nah,not with rtcw and et. btw i only have fun when playing in a competitive game

Originally posted by LightNinja

Well the only thing i hate of this mod is the grapple and the jp, but the other features are fine for me, and the force regen is not much problem, many servers has only jump as force power so you can jump better ;)

Yep same here, only other thing I dislike is that most newbie admins amempower themselves on a no force server, which is funny cause they suddenly think they are elite players, and when you call them a noob, they deny it and amslap you around the map, but all of that can't really be blamed on Slider. I'm sure that wasn't his intended use of amempower, though I dunno what is. But ya, my server's got JA+ 1.8 on it currently, though I may switch to XMod; Personally I think it's the most balanced (and least abusive) version.

Originally posted by razorace

Actually, the biggest thing among the regular CTF players right now is the fact that after 10 months of playing the same 4 or 5 maps over and over and over again, they are getting tired of them.

The problem with public servers is that most of the players apparently have not downloaded any maps (not even Raven's Bonus Maps), or if they have it's RPG\clan maps like Sith Council or vehicle maps like KOTOR Flight School or Naboo Hills.

I have tried several times to get players to download even just one map pack file (JK2 CTF maps, Raven's Bonus maps, other individual maps) and failed every time. The server would drop the majority of the players when the map would start, even after many days of server messages and MOTD messages. Still, there is enough complaining about boredom with the standard maps that I'm going to try one more time (after running a poll to select the map).

If there was someway to quickly download a map that the server is running to connecting players, it would really breathe new life into the game.

People aren't necessarily bored with the game, but they are getting bored with the same maps.

You know, even if it did drop all of those people, eventually every one of them would want to get back on the server to play, and would download the maps. And I dunno, I'm not getting bored of the maps, but that may be cause the servers I play on actually have GOOD CTF players on them, and thus I do not have time to look at all the pretty flowers and other scenery.

The only part of AnalogSaint's post I disagree with is calling XMod for JA the ProMod of JA.

Honestly, XMod will not drag me back to playing JA constantly. However, if the great ArtifeX would rise from the grave and bring a new ProMod into JKA, you would see me crawling back begging for forgiveness for doubting that JA could be saved.

It's such a shame that Art couldn't pay for his ProMod server... It was pure gaming bliss. No rules, just KILL KILL KILL.

Ah, I'm getting nostalgic... *Sniffs*

Archived