• Guybrush (Marley) Threepwood
    • Elaine Marley (Threepwood)
    • LeChuck
    • I. Cheese
    • Murray
    • Stan
    • Other (please post)

• 2 weeks later...

man it was a tough choice between Guybrush and Murray. Guybrush has always been there and I loved him. But when Murray came along and kept popping up at random times throughout CMI, he was hilarious.....so I picked Murray.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

stan.gif

:stan: :stan: :stan: :stan: :stan: :stan: :stan:

I love that crazy Stan . . . and laughed my guts out in his famous appearance in MI3 when we open up that coffin and let him out (Good God, how long was he in there for??? *laughing*). I'm a business major and I always get a kick outta' him because he represents the vast majority of my counterparts. I feel like introducing myself to them as the anti-Stan, but they would never get the joke . . . . ahhhh, good ol Stan, always there when you need him, always there when you're in a bind! Be it life insurance, used coffins, or some other scheme, he just never makes any money . . . . this girl will always love her Stan and his moving arms and stationary plad . . . .

Murray is awesome, very awesome, but I have to say the Guybrush tops my list. As funny as anyone else is, Guybrush still has that personal connection to me. He says stuff to me that he says to no one else, things like, "I'm not picking that up." And he's just a funny, clever guy.

I never really liked the voodoo lady. Lechuck rocks, but I don't agree with "insanely low IQ." He's quite smart. He's not a genius (what pirate is?), but he's got the evil villain brilliant scheme thing going on in all the games.

Elaine, though always desirable, being the tempting pirate princess she is, is a "I'm more mature than you, but you're cute" girl in the first game, a "I hate you" girl in the second game, a "I'm solid gold and the only time i actually talk I have a british accent for some ridiculous reason," girl, and in the last game she's a "Haha, you're stupid, but I still wuv you" girl. No personalities I find appealing enough to make her a favorite.

The whole Guybrush Marley thing I think is no more than a joke from in the game where several times (the SCUMM bar) he is accidentally addressed as Mr. Marley. Poor Guybrush.

OOH! And Meathook. He rocks. Two hooks, one kick*** tatoo, and an artistic side.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya all, I'm new here, but I am a die-hard Monkey Island fan!

I kind of like Lemon Head and Kenny myself, but I've voted for Guybrush because I've played the games so much, he feels like one of my best mates!

BTW, did anyone watching 'Pirates of the Caribbean' notice the shot near the beginning of the sea fort with the ship unloading?

It was almost exactly the same view as the scene where Guybrush lands at Puerto Pollo in MI3!

(Please ignore me if this has been mentioned before! :rolleyes: )

Archived