Home

Monkey Island.......

Ch1cago88

Originally posted by Murray the Chao

Guybrush and the Voodoo Lady DO have five-game contracts. In fact, the Voodoo Lady has an UNBREAKABLE contract!

They're also not real and therefore not liable to participate in any verbal or written contract.

And what skinkie said.

I may have been posting on this site for only a little while but it seems to me that alot of people are actually holding onto hope because the voodoo lady said that there will be another game.

Not the best of reasons for lucasarts to make this game and lose money in the process.

I'm gonna have to blame George W. Bush* for a lack of monkey island 5 and adventure games in general.........a bit unfair I hear you say. He is getting blamed for everythingelse, why not this??

* No offense is meant to any of the american people, well except for the obvious afforementioned person. :)

Just because we haven’t had any information about Monkeys Island 5 it doesn’t mean that it will never get made. In 1990 Monkeys Island 1 was released then in 1991 Monkeys Island 2 was released. After Monkeys Island 2 it was 6 years until we got a sequel to Monkeys Island 2. Monkeys Island 3 was released in 1997 in the 6 years until Monkeys Island 3 release there was constant will there or wont there be a sequel talk the same happened in the 3 year wait for Monkeys Island 4. It has been 4 years and we haven’t had a sequel to Monkeys Island 4 this does not mean Monkeys Island 5 will not be made be Patient.

:monkey4: :monkey4: :monkey4::sweating:

Thank you! Finally, someone who agrees with me. I just can't get into Myst. At all! You start with no objective whatsoever (or as far as I can see anyway). I simply stopped playing about 30 seconds after I started playing it.

god how i hate myst. it's so stupid. all you do is wander around aimlessly forever and nothing ever happens. and there's nobody to talk to, you don't even know what you look like. i've only played snippets here and there, but i know that if at the end you choose the red book, then you get sucked in and you die and lose or something. that's so lame.

the game is kinda creepy, too...i'm not sure why, though. it just is.

well, there are two books at the end or something, and the whole time you're collecting pages to put in the books (i think), and if you pick up the wrong book at the end, you die and thus lose the game. if you pick up the right one, you win. i think there are guys trapped in the book...and they help you get out of the world, except one will actually kill you and the other will actually help you. i'm not sure about any of this...i just think i'm correct, i could be totally wrong, though.

Myst is a great game however it is a game for the more talented intelligent gamers therefore the less talented gamers will find it extremely difficult.

are you trying to insinuate something, here? if you're trying to call me stupid, i'll have you know that when i played it, i was around 9. of course i wasn't gonna figure out the puzzles. all i remember was it being very dull, b/c there is absolutely no interaction with anybody at all. except watching some tape and the guy in the book. but that's it.

and i've seen the player's guide. :eek: all i can say is holy sh*t. what kind of freak took the time to come up with all those puzzles? that thing is as thick as the damn yellow pages.

anyway...i personally don't like myst, i think it's a dull, dull game, although i do think that the backgrounds and such are very well done, so i have to give the production team props for that, but the game itself, the gameplay, everything was dry, just not very fun.

it's like chess. it's a very interesting game, and it could be very kind of in-depth, with some intense thinking, but it is not fun at all.

and, if you're not trying to call me stupid, then fine, i guess i misinterpreted your statement, although anyone could easily have seen it the way i did...

Archived