Home

Something new every time

VampireNaomi

Every time I play GF I find something new in it. Just a moment ago I tried to use my scythe on the spider web without putting a bone in it. I hadn't done it before and it was amusing to see something new. And creepy...

So, when was the last time you noticed something that escaped your eyes before? And what was it?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, nothing comes to mind from my latest playthrough, but then it was a while ago. I guess I'll find out when I get to my yearly play in a month or so. ;-)

(the perfect duration between plays in my opinion)

Yeah, I know what you mean. Everytime i replay it, I try doing more stuff, and I find out new information, which always fits in with the story, and causes it to make even more sense, and makes me love the game even more :).

(But I can't think of any off the top of my head right now)

During the second play-through I'm doing now, I only now tried talking to the guys you get the book for Terry from. Some good dialouge; I solved the puzzle too fast last time to think of talking to them before handing them Salvador's communiques.

I can't think of anything else I didn't notice first time through; though I'm not done with the second time yet.

I'm the sort of person who likes to explore the source code of recently completed games and see what little secrets can be discovered therein...

One of my more memorable discoveries was finding out that in Year 1, if you take Glottis for a spin on the tree pump more than seven times, Manny runs out of excuses for flipping the switch, and Glottis starts looking at the experience in a different way...

Akril

Oh, here's one that some people might not have seen first time through: In the third year, before giving the tiny hammer to anyone, take it out in Domino's presence. (Take out the scythe first if you've never tried that either.)

Originally posted by Kloreep

Oh, here's one that some people might not have seen first time through: In the third year, before giving the tiny hammer to anyone, take it out in Domino's presence. (Take out the scythe first if you've never tried that either.)

I LOVE that part! I even created a save slot just before it because Manny would do it only once. That way I could keep doing it over and over again.

Have you tried to give Meche's stockings to Domino?

I'll have to try that stocking one. :lol:

Here's another one I just found: once you get back to the LSA in year 4, go get the grinder and then grind some bone right over the two Johnny Thunder guys (you have to do this before driving them off with the coffee, of course).

Because of SCUMMrev and some other things, I realize there is a conversation you can have with Domino in the Year 3 but, in all three times I've played this game all the way through, I've never had it. Please, somebody tell me how to have this convo!

I didn't even know what I was supposed to do with the tree puzzle. My brother distracted me so I didn't hear the dialogue about it, and I didn't know I could have checked what they said through the script thing.

I had to use a walkthrough to get an idea of what it was all about.

Ahhh, the inability to talk to Dom in Year 3 and thus make the plot just a bit less nebulous...so unfair.

It comes with several other GF lines I have never heard in the game. Maybe they were all deleted from the final version?

I think some of them might have been, however some of them are in the game, just a little harder to find (for instance, Eva's "Ooh, what is that, custard?" line and the brief dialogue exachange that follows it can be triggered if you show her the mouthpiece of auto-body filler before biting into it).

Some lines weren't even voiced. They're in the text file, but nowhere else. One such line is when you use the coral hunk on the pigeons. Of course, this is impossible, since you have to use the coral to get to the pigeons in a way that makes it completely unobtainable. The dialogue is still pretty funny, though:

"Stare into this glowing rock and feel your eyelids getting heavy...heavier...What are ya? Too dumb to be hypnotized?"

A few (voiced) lines that I haven't been able to find in the game are from Year 4, when Manny is taunting the alligator after finding the florist's hideout ("Worked that kink out of your tail yet?"). Another line that I haven't found a way to trigger, even though it's in the code,is Manny saying, "I don't see how Sal, with all his crazy conspiracy theories...forgot to mention to me that there were alligators in the sewers!"

I should do a bit more sniffing around in the actual game to see if I can find where some of these lines exist...

Akril

Originally posted by VampireNaomi

Every time I play GF I find something new in it. Just a moment ago I tried to use my scythe on the spider web without putting a bone in it. I hadn't done it before and it was amusing to see something new. And creepy...

What happens? I can't check it because I've lost my disc A, DAMN!

Archived