Home

Battle Report threads

Guest DarthMaulUK

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Viceroy - I'm in Toronto (GMT -5) right now. I'll be here until mid October probably, then I'll be travelling around Europe on my way back to Australia. Then I'll be in Brisbane (GMT +10).

Since I'll be the only person in Australia (unless Windu and Froz decide to join in, which I don't think they will) I'm willing to be the most flexible. If I have to be a bit inconvenienced, I won't mind. But 4am on a Monday morning is a bit much :p

Can some people also give me a few more cities to work with this site did come up with some times you can see em but they're not pretty.

Is what I used

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html

and this is what i got

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=11&month=9&year=2004&p1=297&p2=47&p3=189&p4=-1

I don't actually live in Birmingham It's just for some strange reason they don'y Have Newcastle Upon Tyne not that i blame them at present because the entire city is up in arms because they finally decided to get rid of the fossilised fool of a football manager Bobby Robson good riddance is all i can say.

Yep, game is still on this Sunday.

Viceroy, that's a nifty program you found there. I think the three cities you've got there will cover us since most people are at least in the same timezone as one of them. If anyone feels they aren't represented, speak up! I don't mind getting up early Sunday morning, so one of those options would probably be best as it will be Saturday evening in the UK and Saturday afternoon in the US and Canada.

However, we should probably leave the calculations until later, since the program is taking daylight savings times into account, which won't be in use come January.

I can't even remember how many games we started yesterday, but we only really finished one of them, and I screwed up in all of them!

The last one, which we pretty much fought to a conclusion before the dropping started, was on a precipice. Me, Vostok and Phreak vs Viceroy and pbguy. I was on the right wing opposite pbguy, so as usual we fought a trooper war and I came off worse. After failing to get a worker acrtoss the river, I built 2 troop centres and a power core on my side of the crossing and started massing troopers there. There were a few skirmishes between mine and pb's troopers. I held him back but couldn't force my way across the river (he had a turret on ihs side). Because I was concentrating all my force there, I didn't have any troopers or troop centres in my base to protect my workers, which was really stupid, cos pbguy sent a load of mounties round the long way and started to tear my base apart. I didn't know what to do at this point. I needed to bring my troopers back to see off the mounties, but if I did that I knew I'd lose my forward base. So I just procrastinated for a bit, but eventually sent my troopers back and killed most of the mounties, but not before they'd wiped out my turret and carbon centre and a good number of workers. Meanwhile, the troopers I was building at the forward base weren't enough to hold off pbguy's troopers and as I predicted, the forward base was soon gone. I still had enough troopers in my main base to deter another attack, and once I'd got my economy going again I built more troop centres at home. Appeals for help from my allies turned out to be counterproductive as Vostok sent fighters to my protect my base instead of attacking pbguy's economy straight away. I kept fighting into T4 and was the last to get wiped out, but really my fate (and the team's fate) was sealed in T2.

In an earlier game, things were even more ridiculous as Luke's dad and Viceory spent the early part of the game doubling Vostok while I got completely wiped out by pbguy! It was actually quite funny when my last 11 workers were slowly trying to rebuild behind Luke's base, and Viceroy suddenly told me to start air whoring!

So basically, anyone who finds themselves on the same team as me and against pbguy can safely assume that he will spend the first 30 minutes or so trying (and probably succeeding!) to wipe me out. That's when he's at his most vulnerable. Once he's got rid of me and started booming, there's no way he's going to lose.

Archived