Home

Battle Report threads

Guest DarthMaulUK

Actually vostok raided PB several times but then i Moved an Anti air division their which was made up of near fully upgraded troopers they only needed their tech 4 upgrades. You couldn't have gone the long way round to get him I was at the only other causeway, Rushing Phreak Now that i've seen how I can do a rush without jeprodising my style i think i'll start using it a lot more, I wouldn't mind a match report of what happened after i left. and indeed a write up from someone elses point of view.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reviewing the recording, there were many things I did wrong in that final game. My resource management was terrible, my defenses were porrly planned, my workers were horribly vulnerable and my unit production wasn't thought out. When the combined attack from Viceroy and pbguy came along, there was nothing I could do to halt it. Viceroy, you disconnected right as you'd finished munching through my main base; pbguy went on to root out my secondary bases but due to my terrible resource management my attempts to rebuild from these bases were futile anyway.

The other two games we had started could have been great if my game hadn't crashed. I was on pbguy's team both teams, which is an advantage already, but I was also doing things a lot better than in the last game. In the first game I was able to harass Viceroy quite a fair bit, and was on my way to massing my army when the game crashed. In the second game I managed to hold off several double-teams form Viceroy and lukeiamyourdad, so I was feeling pretty good, but again the crashing game stopped our fun.

Actually Vostok in PB's words you were "Porked" His Intervention delayed the inetivtable.

Can someone post up a reccording of that game the last one not the other two.

I'm lad i discovered for myself how to rush I think it completes my style perfectly. I need only perfect it.

:bdroid2: Me and My Droids shall Enjoy Experimenting on you:bdroid2:

Originally posted by DK_Viceroy

Actually vostok raided PB several times but then i Moved an Anti air division their which was made up of near fully upgraded troopers they only needed their tech 4 upgrades.

T4? I was talking about late T2/early T3 when I was in a trooper war with pbguy and Vostok had air. Things do happen before T4... ;)

Why do you assuma that I meant at Tech 4 Stage I meant that i hadn't gotten to tech 4 when i moved them there i was only just barely in tech 3 But i had a large amount of Production and Reserach Facilities so I upgraded real quick since I was expecting the Air Raid sirens to go any minute. Stranmge that I didn't get raided even once.

Originally posted by DK_Viceroy

Still though berfore we lost you my Combo was horribly effective against you

AA Troopers And Heavy Mech Destroyers sliced through Air and Strikes Like A Hot Knife Through Butter.

Yeah, but you guys left saber alone and I smoked him. I got his CC, turret, nursery, and his holocron. I had a ton of nurseries and I was coming to Vostok's aid when he got disconnected.

So at not killing Vostok entirely, you had forsaken saberhagen. His score I think was under 2000 at the time and Vostok's was about 5000. While you harassed him, you failed to kill him.

The point is he's better than you, and Vostok isn't as good as me. It just wasn't a great strategy on your part to let him die and to not totally whoop on Vostok. I completely destroyed saber's base and you barely put a dent in Vostok. He was at least in T3 with a shield and a fort up on his side of the river. And saber had nothing. And the forces you kept sending weren't getting through after awhile.

He wasn't gone... but he was definately behind you two. He still had "ample workers" left ;)

And with saber out of the way I would have been able to change the brunt of my attack to one of you (probably luke since he was closer and I could make a new foward base in saber's old grounds.

Yes, I certainly wasn't gone at any stage of that second game (until I was actually gone in the sense of my game crashed).

Weakened? Yes.

Struggling? Not particularly.

Gone? Not at all.

Viceroy was overjoyed at the fact his Mech Destroyer and AA Trooper combo had damaged my army, but he had nothing to take down my fort and I was already starting to mass bombers. Luke, your initial mass trooper rush was a bit of a concern, especially when Viceroy showed up in support, but after I survived that through pbguy's intervention I didn't have much trouble deflecting the rest of your raiding attempts. Pbguy is right, you really should have been helping saberhagen against the stronger player instead of double-teaming the weaker player.

But since that game was over before it's time there isn't much point dwelling on it.

Okay, posting in the proper thread this time...

Sunday, September 13

Turnout was only slightly more than the Saturday games, but much more satisfying games were had, in my opinion. At least the first game we played had everyone managing to say connected!

The first game saw saberhagen (Rebels) and DMUK (Gungans) on a team up against Viceroy, Phreak and myself with our usual civs. Saber was next to Viceroy, so early in the game he made some very successful rushes which forced Viceroy to abandon his base and run away to the pocket between myself and Phreak. I'd only managed to grab a single holocron - Viceroy had the other and DMUK had three. However, trading between our team was intense. Hordes of hover freighters swarmed in and out of our bases, keeping our nova supplies very healthy. Once I was in tech 3 with some decent air I decided to take back Viceroy's old base. DMUK had built a colony there, but it was gone soon and Viceroy and I began some intensive mining operations. There was a huge patch of nova there, but it was slightly close to saber and after a while his attacks on our workers became stronger. I'd built up a considerable army, so I moved it into range, and prepared for attack. Up until now, Saber had been executing strikes against me not with A-Wings as pbguy would do, but with X-Wings, as they stand a much better chance against my fighters. He'd only made a single attack with mounted troopers, which was also vastly different to how pbguy uses Rebels. Saber was air whoring almost as much as me, and I think he may have even had more fighters than me. Fortunately his attacks against me had given me the idea of sending a horde of AA Troopers along for support, and combined with my fighters, bombers and strike mechs, I managed to wade my way through the heavy opposition saber threw at me. Soon I was in the heart of his base and he resigned.

I finished mopping up while Viceroy and Phreak turned their attentions to DMUK. He'd built up quite the defensive system, but by now Viceroy had gotten spynet - this is Viceroy's new favourite thing to get. Soon later Phreak followed suite and also had purchased Spynet. I was spending too much nova on my army, and much of my traders had been lost after a pummel drop from DMUK, so I couldn't afford it yet, but I massed some traders in preparation.

Fortunately Viceroy could tell me the parts that were weak in DMUK's defences, and my first attack against DMUK came from his unprotected rear - it had recently been safe due to saber's presence, but was no longer so. Just as I was about to attack, DMUK executed another pummel drop in my base! Fortunately Phreak wiped them out before they could do too much damage. At this time quite an interesting development had occurred - both Viceroy and Phreak were whoring air! Having Confederacy and Federation air en masse is not a common sight. While Phreak and Viceroy kept DMUK busy on the northern front, I snuck in behind DMUK's base and attacked. I wasn't particularly successful - DMUK could quickly mobilise troops to his defense, and the large number of shield generators he had made things quite difficult. I made a second attempt through the back but again to no avail.

At about this time I finally got Spynet, and from then on DMUK was in trouble. Although he was heavily dug in, his occaisional pummel drops were getting quite annoying. With spynet I could see clearly the weaknesses Viceroy had signalled to me earlier, and soon Phreak and I were both streaming fighters and bombers in through the weak corner of DMUK's base. As Viceroy's air also joined the fray, things were all over for DMUK and he resigned.

Since it had taken us so long to defeat DMUK, saberhagen had grown tired of waiting for us to finish so he had left - sorry saber! Phreak also had to leave so it was down to just Viceroy, DMUK and me again. None of us were really keen for another epic like the one on Saturday, so we just played a small map. I took up Trade Federation, fearing we would go into another battle of attrition and my Naboo wouldn't be able to cut it, while DMUK was Empire and Viceroy his usual Confederacy.

The game started out well, and soon I was ready to send a combined force of Troopers, Strike Mechs and Mech Destroyers for a minor attack on Viceroy. The attack was going nicely when Viceroy disconnected! Ah well, DMUK and I decided to keep going. I sent in artillery to destroy most of Viceroy's base to establish my own presence there, and in particular I kept his spaceport standing so I could get some trading done. Unfortunately, DMUK was rapidly expanding at a greater rate then I, and my presence in Viceroy's old base was soon removed. Now DMUK was benefitting from the trading, and the only holocron I had was the one I'd stolen from Viceroy. Well I began building up some heavy defenses, but DMUK had about four fifths of the map to my one fifth, and with four holocrons and a trade route going, it was only a matter of time before I was a goner. I tried to make an attack on DMUK, but he wiped out my considerable army to a man, then promptly attacked with another force from the completely opposite direction. By now I'd exhausted most of my nova, so I began massing Mech Destroyers and Strike Mechs, but it was too little to contend with DMUK and soon he'd pretty much wiped out my base, so I resigned.

Decent games, but some of the regulars like pbguy and Nitro were missed... though it was a refreching change to play without the threat of pbguy constantly hanging over us!

Guest DarthMaulUK

another great write up Vostok /pats on back

When the three of you were attacking my base, it was hard work defending all areas. The north was extremely weak as it was water, so i just focused on a smaller area to defend, which did its job VERY well.

However, running low on carbon, you guys having spynet made it all but impossible to try and hide workers to mine carbon elsewhere.

good fun though

DMUK

I prefer Team Games with Confederacy because the Trade Bonus really does seem to make a Difference and since it's my Team Bonus it certainly Did help out, Though from ym Experimenting with Air Whoring the only Confederacy Air I think i'll bother Whoring will be Geonosian Warriors which i did start doing at once but this time round I stuck to my Speciality, Troopers and used Mechs as support, The ground force i had sent through the same route i had alerted to vostok was succesful in carving a small area up and pinning down forces and survived for a while.

My Reeks ran amok for quite a bit Animals were everywhere I could put em.

I could have survived aqt my old base but I know when to run and evacuate elsewhere and when to stay and fight, especially since the earlier it is the weaker I am I only really started booming late on after everybody else had, I was quite amazed that DMUK hadn't found my base or saber since both were perilously close and a half hearted attack could have seen me off.

Archived