Home

Voice chat confirmed

Master William

I don't know if you guys already know about this, but I quote the FAQ on the SWBF site:

Will there be voice chat for the PC version?

Yes, there will be voice chat for the PC version, as well as the PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions. Of course, text chat will also be available in the PC version.

Let's hope people use it for something good and not to go "omg nexus suxxxooorrr" or "nexus' mom nexus' mom" (happened to me in CS)

I have the feeling everybody already know of this...

I'll try to the delete the thread if that is the case

Indeed.

That fact is quite old yet.

But no matter how old it is there's still some stuff to talk about.

For example it would be nice to know who of you guys will use

the ingame voice chat.

I won't use that feature - I'll stick to my Teamspeak/Ventrilo.

Don't wonna hear every kiddie crying when he's shot down, but

talk to my clanmates.

I am sure that they will have an ignore feature like in BF42. I tell you that is a lifesaver. Especially when I am playing a good round and I am tired of looking at the racist or disgusting comments by a particular player. I am definately looking forward to voice chat. I dont like having to switch channels on TeamSpeak. As long as their is ignore Im cool with it.

I have ventrilo, but I'll mostly use the ingame voice-chat, I think. I'm grasping the opportunity to better teamplay anytime, and if some1 is whining, I'll just mute em.

And frankly, sometimes I can even laugh when hearing ppl whining and getting angry. I mean, c'mon: Grow up!

LOL! So voice chat has been confirmed. I assume you can only use voice chat when playing against human players. To bad we couldn't have advanced video games where we can use voice chat to talk to computer allies or try to scare our computer enemies into surrendering. LOL!

Originally posted by DallasDawg

If they can make the voice chat system just as good as socom2 they got my money

Could people here please stop refering to SOCOM2 and be a bit more specific? I'm sure that every voice chat system i!n every game is effective

Originally posted by joesdomain

To bad we couldn't have advanced video games where we can use voice chat to talk to computer allies or try to scare our computer enemies into surrendering. LOL!

In answer of your question Joes, Unreal Tournament 2004 features voice to bot communication. You can tell them to defend or attack specifics, guard areas, follow you, protect you or other players / targets.. even tell them to dance!

I definately think that voice chat is instrumental in co-ordinating quickly to your teammates. Ive never (not once) had a nasty run in or heard of one on UT 2004. There's generally a positive vibe there, with recognition and congratulations flowing constantly rather than hateful or stupid utterings.

Voice has my full support in this game. If this rumoured "voice masking" feature comes into play... oh my GOD! I'll cream my pants!

I already put on the Kiwi accent in UT 2004! There'll be no shutting me up when it comes to my verbal relations as a fully fledged Clone Trooper!

Hot diggity DAMN!

*Calms himself down*

Regards

- Steve

I heard someone say that Pandemic trashed the voice masking. Too bad, it would have been dope to hear everyone sound like a clone. Maybe a patch for PC users down the line? Or maybe if someone has the smarts, they could develop a mod. Ahh that's the beauty of owning a PC. Maybe if they do develop something, Lucasarts can make it a download for the XBOX live as well. I think PS2 users are getting the short end of the stick, though. Can anyone confirm or deny the voice masking thing? Nitpicking aside, i simply can't wait to get my hands on this game.

Originally posted by yaebginn

I hope they dont use the mask thing. then people could lie about thier age easier.

so? you're not playing battlefront to chat with somebody and find out information about them, you're playing battlefront to have fun. I so hate it when people start doing that in mics

Archived