Home

Now Playing In The Swamp

Poggle

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Black Flag - TV Party.

Well, basically I grew up on punk. Black Flag, Ramones, The Clash, etc.

Basically growing up with this, I learned that you have to voice your thoughts and have fun. You have to speak your mind if you want anything to change. I've taken a lot of the that to heart and it's how I live my life. I want everyone to be peaceful, considerate, and passionate in life.

Now, let the discussion and insight begin.

Aerosmith - Eat The Rich (From Get A Grip Album)

I've always respected Aerosmith for what they do. They were at one time one of the best rock groups in USA. All their concerts sold out. However, they had a big drug problem. Eventually, one by one, they overcame their drug problems and produced what many thought was the 1994 Album of the year, Get A Grip.

The Sisters Of Mercy - Cry Little Sister

Even though I think this song is credited to the wrong band, I love it. It's the main soundtrack to the 80s smash hit vampire movie The Lost Boys, wich always gets me in a good mood and makes me wish that I too was a vampire with a mullet. :D

The Unseen - Children of the Revolution.

Originally posted by ZBomber

Aerosmith - Eat The Rich (From Get A Grip Album)

I've always respected Aerosmith for what they do. They were at one time one of the best rock groups in USA. All their concerts sold out. However, they had a big drug problem. Eventually, one by one, they overcame their drug problems and produced what many thought was the 1994 Album of the year, Get A Grip.

Yeah, I've never been huge on Aerosmith, but it takes a lot of persistence to overcome what they got involved in. And they're out their doing what they love and making others happy. And you gotta respect a group that can stay fresh over the years.

Good song though. :)

Originally posted by Pie™

The Sisters Of Mercy - Cry Little Sister

Even though I think this song is credited to the wrong band, I love it. It's the main soundtrack to the 80s smash hit vampire movie The Lost Boys, wich always gets me in a good mood and makes me wish that I too was a vampire with a mullet. :D

Great song from a great soundtrack to a great movie right there. :D

AC/DC - Ride On

Today, February 19, 2005, is the 25th anniversary of AC/DC's former lead singer Bon Scott's death. He had been with the band since the start, originally the drummer. His voice is very unique, and he sang for the band from 1974 to 1980, right up until he died. He forever changed the rock industry, and got AC/DC on the map.

Ride On, Bon....

02-19.jpg

Bon Scott went out the same way as Jimi Hendrix, right? :(

The Sisters Of Mercy - You Could Be The One

This, unlike Cry Little Sister, is definately the Sisters' own song. The Sisters Of Mercy are a goth band from the early 80s, they are still a band, but haven't released any new material in more than 10 (!) years. In this song's lyrics mr. Andrew Eldritch demonstrates his unique sense of humour, which he hides behind ca. 58 layers of both doom and gloom. He is also, IMO, one of the best lyricists the last 25 years.

A short excerpt from the lyrics:

All God's children give good phone

I called Jesus, he's not home so

I'm so pleased to talk to you

Trees and walks, I love them too

Threatened species, they adore me

Flower children never bore me

Yeh, they both choked on their vomit. However, I think Jimi Hendrix died from drugs, while Bon drank too much. Weird way to die for Bon, he always drank a lot.

Guns N Roses - Don't Cry [Original]

Anyone hear about GNR releasing their new album/touring later this year? One of the members has been hinting at it lately....

Click here for the news post

Misfits - Night of The Living Dead.

Well the Misfits are the originators of the sub-genre, horror punk. Growing up on 50's rock and rockabilly, watching sci-fi and horror movies, they took these things which they knew and loved and molded them together along with punk style rythm. Using mostly 50's melodic styling, punk feeling and intensity with Sci-fi and horror themes they created a highly original genre that has influenced many bands including Metallica who covered many of their songs. 1983, lead singer Glenn Danzig decided to split and after a long legal battle, lead Bassist Jerry Only decided in 95 he'd try to rejoin the band. Hit up his brother Doyle to play guitar, they decided to try and ask Glenn if he'd consider rejoining, he refused. They got singer Michael Graves to join them as vocalist.

There is now much argument about which is the better Misfits, Danzig era or Misfits '95.

Originally posted by edlib

Speaking of Hendrix:

Jimi Hendrix Experience - The Wind Cries Mary

Great song right there. Probably one of my favourites of his.

Balzac - Zetsubo No Ano Basho He.

Balzac is a Japanese horror-punk group. Inspired by (the) Misfits, they play horror/sci-fi themed songs, but they do it in their own style. They're energetic, fast paced, and loud. Their stage presence is insane, performing non-stop energetic songs. They truely embody a spirit of great musicianship and love for the craft.

Just watching them perform is like an experience itself.

Revis- Reuse

Breaking Benjamin-Forget It

---------------------------------------

Two bands that actually KNOW how to write lyrics. Awesome vocals, and great acoustic songs for both bands.

Seeing them live, they leave nothing out. Unlike bands like Linkin Park, these know how to proform live and leave it all on the stage.

Alkaline Trio - Bleeder.

Originally posted by KBell

Revis- Reuse

Breaking Benjamin-Forget It

---------------------------------------

Two bands that actually KNOW how to write lyrics. Awesome vocals, and great acoustic songs for both bands.

Hmm.. What kind of music do they play? I've heard of them, just never heard them. What songs(or album) would you recommend to someone to check out and get a feel of the bands?

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Alkaline Trio - Bleeder.

Hmm.. What kind of music do they play? I've heard of them, just never heard them. What songs(or album) would you recommend to someone to check out and get a feel of the bands?

They both have CD's that came out in 2004. Breaking Benjamin is featured on Yahoo music, check out the video So Cold from their newest CD Here

Revis's newest CD Caught in the Rain is kind of remenisant of Creed. Slightly.

Archived