Home

Now Playing In The Swamp

Poggle

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Beatles- A Day in the Life

I'm nearly addicted to this song, unfortunately. I'm not sure why- the orchestra-going-crazy portion is too harsh, and Paul's part is rather dull. But it must be Lennon's trivial tone throughout his parts and Ringo's kickass drumming as to the reason I like it.

Joe Walsh - All Night Long

I just picked up one of his greatest hits collections on CD. He's one of those guys it's kinda easy to under-rate until you hear all his music in one place like this.

A great (but not overly flashy, just solid) guitar player, and a funky, funny songwriter.

AFI - 3 1/2

Originally posted by Tyrion

The Beatles- A Day in the Life

I'm nearly addicted to this song, unfortunately. I'm not sure why- the orchestra-going-crazy portion is too harsh, and Paul's part is rather dull. But it must be Lennon's trivial tone throughout his parts and Ringo's kickass drumming as to the reason I like it.

I know what you mean, but you just get addicted to the song for no real reason.

Anyway, I prefer older AFI to the newer goth-mo kind of flavour they have now, not to say it isn't good, it's just not my style. What I really like is Davey's changing vocals, he always approaches each song in a different way when he sings, most people don't notice it but I, as someone that's raised in a musical/singing family, do. Plus you just have to respect a band that'll try different things all the time. Without experimentation music would get nowhere. :)

AC/DC - Love Hungry Man (Off of Highway To Hell Album)

I heard the members at AC/DC never really liked this song, but I dunno why. Bon does a great job with the vocals, Phil with the drumming, the Yougn brothers on guitar, and it has some nice, strong bass playing.

BTW - Never heard that Beatle song, but I only have One, so that might be why.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Anyway, I prefer older AFI to the newer goth-mo kind of flavour they have now, not to say it isn't good, it's just not my style. What I really like is Davey's changing vocals, he always approaches each song in a different way when he sings, most people don't notice it but I, as someone that's raised in a musical/singing family, do. Plus you just have to respect a band that'll try different things all the time. Without experimentation music would get nowhere. :)

I heard AFI on MTV Icon: The Cure some time back, they did a cover of one of my fave songs, Just Like Heaven. I can't really say I liked it though, but then again, I am a The Cure fanboy :p

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Foi Na Cruz

Nick Cave is one of my favourite artists, he has kept going for more than 20 years now, and his newest album, IMO, is just as good as his other work. He's one of the best songwriters out there, and has a twisted sense of humour. Gotta love Nick. :)

AC/DC - Whats Next To The Moon (From "Powerage")

This is a really weird song.... I'm not sure what it's about, maybe someone can help me with it. :)

Well I tied my baby to the railroad track

Cannonball down the line

Giving that woman just a one more chance

To give it to me one more time

Engineer wishing he was home in bed

Dreaming about Casey Jones

Wide-eyed woman half a mile ahead

Thinking about broken bones

It's her love that I want

It's her love that I need

It's her love got to have

It's her love

Heavenly body flying across the sky

Superman was out of town

Come on honey, gotta change your tune

Cause it's a long way down

Clark Kent looking for a free ride

Thinking about Lois Lane

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's - a suicide

And that'd be a shame

It's her love

But what's next to the moon?

Long Arm looking for a fingerprint

Trying to find the mystery clue

Hitting me with the third degree

Working on a thumb screw

Alright, officer, I confess

Everything's coming back

I didn't mean to hurt that woman of mine

It was a heart attack

It's her love guaranteed

The love that I want

It's your love that I need

It's your love got to have

It's your love

What's next to the moon?

Across the skies

Oh baby say bye bye

Oh what's next to the moon

What's next to the moon

Oh what's next to the moon

Catch 22 - Keasby Nights.

I dont know about anyone here who may or may not like Ska, but for me, catch 22 was about as good as it got.

Their new manifestation in Streetlight Manifesto is darn good, and they capture the awesome sounds of Catch 22, I'm really excited because I've heard that they are re-releasing the Keasby Nights album, and I'm totally stoked for it :D

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Catch 22 - Keasby Nights.

I dont know about anyone here who may or may not like Ska, but for me, catch 22 was about as good as it got.

Their new manifestation in Streetlight Manifesto is darn good, and they capture the awesome sounds of Catch 22, I'm really excited because I've heard that they are re-releasing the Keasby Nights album, and I'm totally stoked for it :D

Nice, I love Catch 22 also. And you do know I love ska also :p. I don't listen to ska regularly now, but every now and then I'll slap a great CD in my computer and listen to some fine ska beats.

When I was younger, and when I actually had the time, I went to all sorts of ska shows. I went to local bands shows, "battle of the bands" type shows, etc. It was lots of fun.

Originally posted by legameboy

Ping Island/Lightning Strike Rescue Op - Mark Mothersbaugh

Doesn't he do music for the show Rugrats?

I know he was a member of Devo. :D

Misfits - Attitude

Great song to listen to, pretty much describes a LOT of people. :p

Was most famously covered by Axl Rose (Guns n' Roses).

(Who IMO did a horrible job with it, atleast the version I heard{live performance})

Originally posted by ZBomber

AC/DC - Rock And Roll Damnation

Good song right there. :D

I have the GNR cover of Attitude. It was on their worst album ever made (The Spaghetti Incident). I don't like it, but then again, I don't like the whole album.

Agreed, it was a bad album. I really just hated his changing a few of the lyrics and even at some concerts claiming it as his creation.

Anyone hear about Steven Tyler getting a divorce?

Yeah, I heard about that yesterday or the day before or something, I really don't remember.

Misfits - London Dungeon.

Probably one of the most addictive Misfits songs ever, especially the version played on the incredibly rare 12 hits from hell. (only 2000 pressed cd's in existance)

The lyrics are fun to sing to, and the rythm is just incredibly fun.

Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)

Funny, that song has been stuck in my head for little over a week now.. Probably will be over soon, seeing how much Korn's raped version of it is being played on TV.

Visions Of Atlantis - Winternight

One of their calmer songs, quite a nice one actually. Also one without male vocals, which tend to be slightly suckier than the female ones.

KISS - Lick It Up

Originally posted by GothiX

Funny, that song has been stuck in my head for little over a week now.. Probably will be over soon, seeing how much Korn's raped version of it is being played on TV.

Korn did a verison? :\ Good thing I don't watch MTC or whatever, I don't think I wanna hear it. :(

Korn did a verison? :\ Good thing I don't watch MTC or whatever, I don't think I wanna hear it. :(

Oh, trust me, you don't. It's pretty horrible.

Nightwish - Red Sun Rising.

Nightwish wrote this song for a fan, one who has died from cancer. The guy was a big fan of Nightwish, and one of his biggest wishes was to go to one of their concerts. He went, and they invitied him on the stage, where he got a standing ovation from both the crowd and the band members. Amazingly powerful song, especially once you know the reason it was written.

Misfits - Attitude

I love the Misfits version *high fives*

Electric 6 - Gay Bar
Haha, we were trying to get that on a cd for a school play today XD

I love the video, especially how they cencor the words 'nuclear war' :p

Type O Negative - Everything Dies

One of Type O's doomier songs (even though they're a bunch of wonderful perverts :p ), I love this song, but I do realize what Type O really are. :p

Lol, what's MTC?

The Queers - Monster Zero.

Fun punk song, nothing deep, just fun.

*MTV

AC/DC - Fly On The Wall

Just got this CD, so I can't really say much about it. Pretty cool song.

Ah, going to "Shake Your Foundation" now. :)

Archived