Home

if you could add only one more thing...

If you could add only one more thing to SWGB, what would it be? By thing, I mean absolutely anything and everything. If I could add one more thing, I would add a "Conquer the Galaxy" feature. I could go on forever about conquering the galaxy and what not, but I'll leave it at that. What would you add? Remeber, just one thing.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Inexplicably, the Yuuzhan Vong are not part of the Force. Their presences do not register in the ubiquitous energy field, and they are immune to Force attacks. Furthermore, the Yuuzhan Vong refuse to acknowledge its existence, attributing Jedi feats to some perverse mechanism embraced by the Jedi infidels. "

-Starwars.com Database

Actually scratch that. I have better things to do than to make you and other people happy. I know what I read.

Jacen was able to come to an "understanding" of the Yuuzhan Vong, Anakin was able to sense them because he formed a connection to a Yuuzhan Vong crystal, and Tahiri was almost shaped into a Yuuzhan Vong.

Originally posted by DK_Viceroy

Just like marketability got the gungans put in GB?

That's right. The ability to play as Gungans certainly interested me, and being able to recreate the Battle of Naboo is essential. Despite Gungans being for some reason disliked by some, they're still far more popular than the Vong will ever be, simply because they're in the movies that reach a mass audience while The Vong are for a niche market at best.

Originally posted by Admiral Vostok

That's right. The ability to play as Gungans certainly interested me, and being able to recreate the Battle of Naboo is essential. Despite Gungans being for some reason disliked by some, they're still far more popular than the Vong will ever be, simply because they're in the movies that reach a mass audience while The Vong are for a niche market at best.

Mmm... I liked that answer :)

What I would add to the game? Well, since we can mess with "absolutely anything and everything", I'd say unique civs.

Strategy games are no fun if the civs are not unique. And a 5% bonus here, 10% there etc. doesn't make a civ unique.

For those stuck with the AoE technology in mind, I'm talking about 100% unique units on each side.

'nuff said, as people say...

Well it comes down to whether the developers want to bother with the civs. If there's a chance the civ won't be played that often, I can't seem them allocating a lot of time and effort in to making it.

Again I'm thankful the amount of time and effort it would take to incorporate most of these minor civs means they won't be included.

Originally posted by General Nitro

Personally, I don't see any reason not to put the Yuuzhan Vong in there. I'd be in favor of added several more civs like Mon Calimari, Hutt Cartel, and Trandoshans. Whether people would want to bother with these lesser known civs is thier choice.

The problem is that we don't see enough of these hansome fellows in the movies. What we want is a Star Wars game, not something directly out of the designers' mind. Do you realize that most people don't even read crappy novels such as NJO? LucasFilm gave waaay to much freedom with the SW liscence. Having people write books does extend the life of the SW universe, but most of them completely break what SW is.

That being said, I was against having the wookies in SWGB, and the Gungans are borderline because of all their animal mechs, which we don't see in the movies.

Of course the only civ that should be inlcuded are Empire, Rebels, Confeds are Republic, but everybody knows my opinion anyway and I won't get started again because I do feel like nobody here gives a damn about the "uniqueness" of the civs.

Wake up people : "uniqueness" *is* everything (for RTSs, at least). Ever wondered why StarCraft is popular? I mean, the graphics suck pretty bad (even compared to SWGB), but it's still one of the most popular game out there... so why is it so popular? Because the three bloody sides are different! And they're balanced!

If the designers *could* make more than 4 ***unique*** civs, then it's the way to go. However, keeping things balanced is real hard when going more than 4, and I highly doubt the peeps at LA could do that (perhaps they should start with 2 or 3 unique civ? Just to see if they can do it? Of course that would be a horrible marketing decision, but you have to start somewhere...)

StarCraft is balanced now, and it has 3 sides. WarCraft has 4, and after 2 years they're still releasing patches to balance the sides. LA is just not the kind of company who would examine the things that are overpowered and underpowered to fix them. They would never release more than a single patch to correct the bugs. They kind of remind me of EA for that...

Ok, I may got carried away a little.... but anyway... Forums are made to give your opinion after all :)

Originally posted by Darth54

A.

That being said, I was against having the wookies in SWGB, and the Gungans are borderline because of all their animal mechs, which we don't see in the movies.

Of course the only civ that should be inlcuded are Empire, Rebels, Confeds are Republic, but everybody knows my opinion anyway and I won't get started again because I do feel like nobody here gives a damn about the "uniqueness" of the civs.

------------------------------------

B.

[about Starcraft] I mean, the graphics suck pretty bad (even compared to SWGB)

Part A: Yes thats true, the thing that makes most lucasarts game fun, is being able to control the amazing things u see in the movies, such as jedi powers, lightsabers, space battles, huge imperial walkers and stuff. Lets face it, the marketing strategy used by lucasarts relies mostly on the "StarWars License" to encourage people to buy the game, even though it could be made better with a little more work put into it.

Part B: GAH! u n00b :) theyre not bad

Anyway, what I would add to the game is . . . . .

A custom civ. In this civ you go and pick each unit that you want to use from the ones that are already there. You can also pick from the tech tree as well for any unique research items that you want to have as well. Each item/unit would be allotted a value and you would be allowed a certain amount to keep it fair. Of course that option could be disabled so you could make a super civ if you wanted to. In this civ you could also choose units from the heroes and toy box units as well. That would be a fun civ to play with.

Archived