Home

if you could add only one more thing...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by DK_Viceroy

SWGB for all it's faults isn't that bad a game compared to what i've heard of about force commander

To say the truth, FC is not *that* bad.

Sure the "command points" system sucks, the graphics are below average and the gameplay is mediocre, but it's still fun to do the campaigns (IMO). The multiplayer is bad though.

I'm really impressed by the scenario (I mean, SP campaigns) community of SWGB. Out of nostalgia, I checked the scenario design forums at heavengames and... wow... just wow. There are some extremely talented people out there, and what they can do with such an old engine is amazing. I even downloaded a couple to check them out. So if there are any new players reading this, check this out!

Well in terms of games, it really isnt unusual for there to be two companies involved. For example, RoN was created by Big Huge Games and published by Microsoft. Star Trek Elite Force, Star Trek Elite Force 2, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy were all created by Raven and published by Activision.

Actually speaking of that, im kinda annoyed at them. A few months ago i had the chance to buy either JA or KotOR for $50AUD, so i bought JA. Now, KotOR is still around $70 while Activision has included JA in it's $10 game line-up.

The Confederacy doesn't get Advanced Power Packs because Droid Upgrades effectively replaces it.

By the same token, Gungans don't get Integrated Rangefinders because Farseein Binoculars effectively replaces it.

I'll admit the upgrade to Elite Geonosian Warrior does nothing, but the only reason to change that would be so the research isn't a waste of resources, not because the Confederacy is deficient in anti-infantry weaponry.

Originally posted by FroZticles

Jedi Starfighters are not good against mechs with there blue laser.

That's true, but as I indicated there are some exceptions.

Perhaps if the Geonosian Warriors were made decent against Jedi it would be a bit overpowering. As it is, Bounty Hunters are fine because Jedi can run up and chop them. But if you had a swarm of Geonosians, Jedi wouldn't stand a chance. So perhaps it's better that they don't get a bonus against Jedi.

Archived