Home

Church Tract

RpTheHotrod

So...my dad is a pastor and...well...we've all seen the tracts these days...some are pretty bland...some might have a pretty church or something on the front.

SO...we decided to have a lil fun with a new tract...but it does speak a lot of truth...especially for these days.

My dad was always the person to have some fun in church. Our kids program has a huge puppet castle that has a cannon that rolls out and fires by using air compression. Just for a test...we put a puppet in there once. Blew it across the whole auditorium.

What do ya think? Still a work in progress.

tract.jpg

(that's a tactical nuke firing, btw)

This isnt a debate thread...consider it a creativity thread.

As a preacher, I can honestly say.......

You're nuts.

Kidding. :D

BTW, our kids program has a puppet ministry too, and I'm the lead puppetier (sp?). It gets laughs from the kids and the adults.

Oh yea, I know where I'm going to spend eternity. ;)

Well, we DO have a lot of fun, though. It even has a working drawbridge. Wish I had a photo.

Throw firepaper in there and it shoots out a flame...but we dont do that around the kids do to safety reasons...we just fire air so it makes a sound, and a lil smoke effect.

Originally posted by ZBomber

I know you are working for a good cause, but am I the only one who thinks it's kinda strange to have cannons and toys in church? I dunno, my church is boring, and it's full of old people, maybe I'm just jealous. :p

Mychurch is the same way.

But we have a guy playing guitar up on the balcony, so that puts some entertainment in it.

*resists urge to go on a full blown anti-christianity speach involving the ethics involved in the tract, how the use of cannons is akin to the Crusades, and eventually on why Obi had sex with a minor(;))*

Looks good. I'd change the program to:

"Picture of nuke detonating

'The world is going to end today, DO YOU WANT TO GO TO HELL?'

:p

Originally posted by Tyrion

'The world is going to end today, DO YOU WANT TO GO TO HELL?'

:p

That doesn't suprise me. :p

After talking with RP on AIM, I now understand what he means. I thought they were playing during the service. :D

Hmm...send that video to me. My aim is RpTheHotrod (go figure)

Tyrion... we arnt firing the nuke, lol. Silly...some...other people out there might.

and Obi did...what? :confused: :confused:

and NO...that's not a mohawk...I just got out of the shower and my hair kind of spikes like that...

well boys and girls let me tell you about the most boring church and religion in the world....Mormons...thats right for 16 years of my life i was raised in the Mormon ways...i was taught not to drink tea, coffee, or anything with caffine...i couldnt date until i was 16(strictly enforced), if i danced i had to be about 7 inches away from my partner, we had to give 10% of our possesions or money weekly to the church, if we were ordained(sp) we had to wear under garments under our clothes even in really hot days(no exceptions), women were pretty much told to shut up, sit down, and listen....so this was pretty much a cult type ordeal...and there was one leader who hardly anyone has seen...only a few pictures of him....and a serious warning to anyperson considering this religion...DONT THINK ABOUT IT...it will be the worst mistake of you life....and when you get excommunicated (like we did) they wont even recognize that you ever exsisted....thats the only reason me and me girlfriend broke up....i left the church and wasnt allowed to talk to her again....

Originally posted by Mike Windu

Forgive my stupidity.. but what the hell is wrong with caffeine? I have a Mormon friend that can't drink it either...

It's an addictive drug :giveup:

I had a good friend through high school who was mormon, we always laughed at his religion. He was a lighthearted fellow :D

Originally posted by jebbers

well boys and girls let me tell you about the most boring church and religion in the world....Mormons...thats right for 16 years of my life i was raised in the Mormon ways...i was taught not to drink tea, coffee, or anything with caffine...i couldnt date until i was 16(strictly enforced), if i danced i had to be about 7 inches away from my partner, we had to give 10% of our possesions or money weekly to the church, if we were ordained(sp) we had to wear under garments under our clothes even in really hot days(no exceptions), women were pretty much told to shut up, sit down, and listen....so this was pretty much a cult type ordeal...and there was one leader who hardly anyone has seen...only a few pictures of him....and a serious warning to anyperson considering this religion...DONT THINK ABOUT IT...it will be the worst mistake of you life....and when you get excommunicated (like we did) they wont even recognize that you ever exsisted....thats the only reason me and me girlfriend broke up....i left the church and wasnt allowed to talk to her again....

How would they know if you had caffeine or not?

Originally posted by obi-wan13

Nothing. Tyrion is just a monkey's rear-end. :)

monkeylol-fat.jpg

This monkey?

(FYI : This guy got PWNED SOOOOO BAD on Cheapassgamer.com by a thread that was started by me. They say my thread will go down in history...)

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24237&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

*bows and walks away while whistling "you will be my ain true love"*

they dont really know but your supposed to have the will power like Mike said...but some people who were born into the religion have never had caffine so when they have a sip or swig they get extremely hyper and cant stop moving....ive seen it happen to a couple of my mormon friends...their parents were not happy at all about it.....

Archived