Home

bury or trash dead pets...

RpTheHotrod

Heya guys...well...ma pet "passed" away (big suprise...). Natural causes. I normally bury mine in the backyard.

Just curious....what do you all do with yours?

My creepiest story was this....my old dog (had a dream about it first...) and then in real life...died. I buried it out in a field. One day...I heard the rustling of his dog collar in my room. I looked up and saw nothing. I got up and walked around and found fresh dog fur on my carpet. Just from the interest.....I went to the burial site where he was laid to rest. All over the top of the grave was more dog fur (looked shedded), but the grave was untouched.

Same color of fur mine had.

How's that for creepy?

I posted this earlier in another thread, and thought it might apply here as well.

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

I hate animals, and frankly I think they're only fit for eating and wearing. Oh, what's that? Nobody asked me, you say? Well I'll be damned.

So yeah, skin them out for fur (great for keeping warm in the harsh winters). And eat the meat. Oh, what's that? Nobody asked me, you say? Well I'll be damned.

[edit] Sorry to hear about the loss of your pet.

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

Just curious....what do you all do with yours?

Well, we've had a few pets die over the years, just a couple of them since we had kids.

- Our beloved cat, bought the same year as the most difficult of our miscarriages, we had cremated and spent the money for a 'pet cemetary' plot.

- Fish ... we flushed.

- Our older son had a 'Silkworm City', and two of the worms died when trying to start cocoons, and a third died in cocoon. We had to bury those.

Mike

well, if you ever come across an evil lookin goat carcass, they look hella cool as backdrop in a satanic sex ritual, along with circle of red candles.....

*I am not speaking from experience* well, sorta not :p

re - animal burial ...

depends what animal it is...

*I had a pet cockatoo(aussie parrot!), when it died, we buried it in the backyard where its cage used to be and planted a rose on it :) R.I.P 'chicky' :D

I'd probably do the same for a cat. I love cats :D MEOW !

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

well, if you ever come across an evil lookin goat carcass, they look hella cool as backdrop in a satanic sex ritual, along with circle of red candles.....

*I am not speaking from experience* well, sorta not :p

Yeah, it's a nice mood-creator! :D

Not that I've ever tried it... <.<

Oh yeah, I've never had any animals, but cats can be cool :)

I would have burned them after I had drained them of all their blood... mmm, nothing refreshes as fresh goat blood :)

Aside from the creepyness that people are currently discussing...o_O

I dunno, I'd probably go with cremation. *shrugs*

I sold my dead cats body to the local Chinese restaraunt...no questions asked.

<_<

>_>

Okay so I was lying, I have no idea what we did with his body, but we didn't bury it in our yard anywhere, I think since we put him down we had the Vets take care of it.

The only pets I've had (up until age 11 when I got tired of pets all together) are mice, and when they died I used to put them in old Altoids tins I collected, cover them in cotton, and bury them next to a tree. I later learned to put a rock on top of the grave, because my first mouse was dug up and eaten by a cat :barf:

I even did a funeral service when I was younger :D

I had a fish for like 3 years, it had some gold fish problem were the air bladder or something go stuck full, so it was always at the top of the tank, and we feed it special food that nearly killed it, so we put it in a wet paper towel and put it in the freezer. And we buired it in the side yard in a little jewelry box.

My sisters first hamster got buried in a little card board box, the second one got a tumor and started loosing hair, and we set him free in a near-by orchard.

TiE

i sold mine on ebay for $1.87 ....

nah jk nothing worse than the feeling of running over your own dog that was hiding under your car after your pop drunkenly beat him then watch him die after feeling the "speedbump "underneath you. noone will EVER know that feeling.........ps this thread sucks to even bring something like this up.

Originally posted by Nalukai

ps this thread sucks to even bring something like this up.

PS, this is the internet and not only does not everyone in here know your life story, we aren't going to cater our threads to be as gentle as possible. :dozey:

noone will EVER know that feeling

Yes, you are the only person in the world to ever experience something that terrible. :indif:

Edit - For the record, yes that is a sad story, and I am truly sorry you had to experience that.

Archived