Home

Why is Anakin recognized as the chosen one?

Doomie

Alright, i don't know wether to put this on the EP. 1 & 2 board or here, but i'll take my chances with here. Why did the Jedi Council recognize Anakin as the one that would bring balance back to the Force? Because at the end of ROTJ, Vader brings balance to the force by destroying the Sith, according to the prophecy. So destroying the Sith brings balance to the Force. But the Jedi council thought the Sith were extinct for thousand years already, so they must've thought balance was already restored and the guy that supposedly killed the last one off was the chosen one. Then it wouldn't make sense to make Ani as the chosen one, since the prophecy was already furfilled (SP?). ofcourse, Maul showed up later, but they already recognized the 'chosen one'...

I bet i don't make a lot of sense with all that, but please comment on anything understandable...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's mentioned in Ep II - Mace says something like "our ability to use the force is diminished". This implies that it has been going on for quite some time.

Yoda also mentions something about the dark side power growing - the light side and the dark side is out of balance.

As the Jedi get weaker they know that the dark side must be getting stronger.

Along with the prophecy and Anakin's stupidly high midi-chlorian count, they assumed he is "the one"

Yes, but they should've considered the prophecy furfilled already, since they thought the Sith were eradicated... So Anakin should've been recognized as a very skilled kid instead of 'the one'. And the dark side growing stronger, they only noticed after Qui-gon was turned into dead meat...

no, this isn't EU, i was just saying he died. I should've considered that jedi really turn into ghosts... but anyway, i meant to say: he died.

And about the concieving stuff, that could've been in the prophecy... but then, they would've knwon there were still Sith, since the prophecy still had to be furfilled. (I am not spelling this right, or am i?)

EDIT: alright, i changed it, nobody will be confused anymore...

'Cause he's Anakin. D'oh!

And becides. There will never be good, if there isn't evil. There is allways an evil side of us lurking, waiting to come out. And propably the Jedi knew that. They knew that the Sith WERE exstinct, but they allso knew, that they wouldn't be existing either if there wouldn't be any of the sith alive. That's why they were suspicious of Anakin. He was one of the key elements. If he was the boy that the prophecy talked about, he had much hatred and fear inside(Like Mace and Yoda said in Ep1)

The Sith may have been diminished, but remember, sometime, someplace, evil always crops up. It wouldn't be too hard to prophesize that in the future, another evil dude will hamper the harmony of peace and the one to invite peace back will be the 'chosen one'. Not a very movie-ish explanation, but that's what I've got

yeah, but they should've thought the prophecy was done already...

Anyway, about the dark side being always there... that's true, but there weren't Sith, or at least they thought. Only fallen Jedi and scum of the galaxy...

a child born of a woman with no father. conceived by midi-chlorians.

doesnt seem like your every day event now does it? in ep2 mace says something to the effect of "If your apprentice is indeed the one that the prophecy speaks of then he alone can bring the force back into balance". even mace is skeptical, but they all hope that he will bring it into balance (because they think balance is a good thing oddly enough).

now the actual balance itself is under suspicion, some say its the rule of numbers, 2 sith so 2 jedi (palp/vader yoda/obi wan. until obi wan dies and luke replaces him) others say that the balance is brought when there are NO jedi or sith left (ppl who dont count luke as a true jedi and see yoda/palp/vader dead in the end of rotj). it doesnt really matter.

Yeah. The Jedi are the guardians of the Republic, meaning that they take care of little disputes and such. They are definately not a war bred faction like the Sith are. There are too few Jedi to fight a war which has been said so many times in the prequals. The Sith on the other hand can manipulate other parties to fight for them and create war which disturbs the balance.

but in fact, there should also be no jedi, since jedi can fall to the dark side... I think it would be best to have the only-two-rule implemented in the jedi code, because two jedi are easier to watch and contain should they flip out...

Sorry for my bad typing in my previous post, btw...

oh come on, that's just stupid. Jedi are defense warriors, having two jedi only is hardly defensive. Sith can have only 2 because they are offensive, but they're sneaky and have kept themselves behind a shroud so that the jedi could not sense them, this works better because the less people there are the better you can conceal your order.

In order for jedi to keep peace in the galaxies they need more than 2 jedi.

Originally posted by Curt-Man

actually, anakin is not the one, its either jacen or anakin(leia and han's kids) if not one of them then its lukes kid, one of those three, i'm reading the books, i have't got that part yet, but my dad said that its one of those three.

I don't mean to be mean or really want to start a flame war or anything... but you're an idiot.

The movies outrank EU, Anakin is the chosen one, the prophecy took from Episode 1 to Episode 6 to complete itself. The Solo kids have their own adventures but they have nothing to do with the old Jedi prophecy except being the grandchildren of the one who was "the chosen one."

Originally posted by Curt-Man

actually, anakin is not the one, its either jacen or anakin(leia and han's kids) if not one of them then its lukes kid, one of those three, i'm reading the books, i have't got that part yet, but my dad said that its one of those three.

sorry to burst your bubble but no. nowhere in the EU books does it say that anybody except anakin (lukes dad) is the chosen one. your dads wrong or crazy... or both. this isnt a question of EU vs canon, because both sides agree on this issue.

the prophecy was fulfilled by anakin skywalker during ep1-6. end of story.

Archived