Home

Why is Anakin recognized as the chosen one?

Doomie

Originally posted by Nairb Notneb

The prophecy doesn't say anything about a boy being conceived by the midichlorians either, I believe you are wrong on that.

When qui-gon brings ani to the council, he says that it is possible that he was concieved by a midichlorian. Mace then says something to the effect of "You speak of the prophesy of the one who will bring balance to the force." I'm pretty sure it goes down like that.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Nairb Notneb

The prophecy doesn't say anything about a boy being conceived by the midichlorians either, I believe you are wrong on that.

I am forced to disagree, I would assume that the prophesy must explicitly say that the chosen one would be concieved by the (blech) midichlorians, based on the conversation QuiGon has in the jedi council.

As SOON as QuiGon says he believes Anakin may have been concieved by the midichlorians themselves the entire Jedi council kind of perks up and Mace Windu immediately recognizes that he's referring to the prophesy.

Ergo, Vis a Vis, concordently, er....yeah.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

I am forced to disagree, I would assume that the prophesy must explicitly say that the chosen one would be concieved by the (blech) midichlorians, based on the conversation QuiGon has in the jedi council.

As SOON as QuiGon says he believes Anakin may have been concieved by the midichlorians themselves the entire Jedi council kind of perks up and Mace Windu immediately recognizes that he's referring to the prophesy.

Ergo, Vis a Vis, concordently, er....yeah.

Yes, this is exactly what I was trying to say!

Qui-Gon told the council that he discovered a "vergeance" (spelling) of the force and that it was possible this boy was conceived by the force itself. Now he was speaking , in the context of this sentence, of the vergeance not the birth when speaking of Anakin. The strong presence of the force in this boy is what makes him a possible candidate to be the Chosen One and the possibility of a "virgin birth" only adds to this possibility. Even in AOTC the council is still not certain that Anakin is the chosen one.

Archived