Home

Slloooooowww saber combat

Few nights ago I went to watch a kendo competition, and when I booted up the JA yestarday and watching the saber movements, something was bothering me that I cant figure out....

Then it hit me today when I was playing OJP enhanced with the .5 saberAnimSpeed; Shouldn't the winding up animation be slower than the actual swing?? why is the whole animation looks like its running at constant speed?? shouldn't the speed accelerate just the swing??

Realistically speaking, if you wanna hit harder with a sword, you'll wind up further and therefore take more time before you let loose the swing. so the speed difference between the blue stance and the red should only be in the wind up, not the actual swing....

I understand razorace idea to slow down the saber animations, but is it possible to slow down just the winding up part and speed up during the swing?? That way, player will be able to see the direction of the swing (in order to parry it) based on the winding animation instead of the actual swing and still satisfy thoes who complain about how slow the saber is.

This thread is more up for discussion than a sugguestion to the OJP so any comment is welcome.

Archived