Home

The comming of the URL

=X=Master HeX

6 hours of work fighting with evil pointers, threads, and memory issues and boom I have solved all of our probs.

I even hijack the download screen so when you connect to servers you get pretty status.

Very soon we will no longer have to search for maps to download on websites...

*holds up a sign that reads "down with 2k/sec! Long live http/ftp transfers!"*

Originally posted by Master William

What do you mean, exactly? When someone downloads a map in-game it's actually from some URL and not the server itself?

What he means is an ftp download just like Wolfenstein has used forever.

Man Hex that is so awesome! You just keep giving great things to the JA players. :-)

Will this be a server side or client side? Will this also fix the client's autodownload bug? The bug is when the game attempts to download unneccesary files like botroutes, textures, and skins. Also if the server has autodownload off, it will not connect to the server, even if it is unpure.

Originally posted by _PerfectAgent_

Will this be a server side or client side? Will this also fix the client's autodownload bug? The bug is when the game attempts to download unneccesary files like botroutes, textures, and skins. Also if the server has autodownload off, it will not connect to the server, even if it is unpure.

never downloaded that to me

This is a client mod that I am adding to the xmod client version 3. It fixes the following:

1) Server downloads can be off but http/ftp downloads can be on.

2) Http/ftp downloads is just a cvar set on the server that points to a url. At that url you place a file called required.lst which lists the pk3 files in that folder you want the client to download. This fixes unneeded downloads as you pick what they need.

3) Downloads will be way faster then 2k/sec. Same speeds as if you were downloading from a webpage/ftp server.

4) No added server lag for downloads as it is all handled client side and off a remote website/ftpsite.

Not to mention the script detection and other features already a part of the xmod client. This version will also check for popular GL wallhacks/aimbots used by cheaters ;)

This will all be out in about a week when I get everything together and ready for the public.

Archived