Home

Abortion debate (older thread)

VanLingo

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by reelguy227

Sure ,at least I get to live the life that was meant to have been lived.

No, the life you were meant to have lived was one raised by your mother and father.

Who's to say that you were meant to have a life if you're not wanted?

Some people in this thread say they would rather not exist than be a burden for their parents. do you have any idea what it would be like to never have been born? I sure don't.

Think of all the things you love to do and all the people you love you would never known if you had been aborted. no star war games for us!

As I said before, the baby is a miniture human, smaller version. not part of a human, not a parasite like bacteria. a developing person. You must see that.

Some one who is making big money off the killing of unborn babies has brainwashed you all through the media to justify the slughter of 40 million baibies.

Please.

We have not been brainwashed, the media has not told me that killing babies is okay. My own rational thought has told me that a fetus at that stage of development is not a baby, and aborting it is, in my opinion, the same thing as wearing a condom or the girl being on the pill. I've said that like a dozen times in this thread, but you never seem to understand or even listen.

I know exactly what it would be like to have not been born. It would be like nothing. I wouldn't exist, and therefore I wouldn't KNOW I was missing out on anything. You can't try to rationalize the experience of never being born by comparing it to your concious living now, there is no comparison.

And if you make abortion illegal, as it has been said before, in this thread, by many people, abortions will STILL HAPPEN. Women who don't want babies will attack themselves with coat hangers, throw themselves down stairs, take scolding hot baths, or go to back alley abortions where they're just as likely to end up dead. Shouldn't women who are THAT desperate be given the opportunity to have an abortion in a safe environment where an actual doctor can do it?

Im against the death penalty ,the Pope is against it ,Im against it .

I find this very interesting. Since you have stated that you would use your own judgement on other things like if the Pope wanted someone killed why not use your own judgement on other issues such as abortion and gay marriage? Are you too lazy/stupid to make your own mind up or do you fear rejection/being looked down upon by other believers of your religion?

I just would like you guys to answer me one question ,would you personally like to be aborted

This is one of the stupidest question's I've ever heard. Foetus' do not have the capability to make a choice at that stage. You are making yourself look like a moron with questions like that. It fades into insignificance compared to the opposite one from the mothers point of view.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Please.

We have not been brainwashed, the media has not told me that killing babies is okay. My own rational thought has told me that a fetus at that stage of development is not a baby, and aborting it is, in my opinion, the same thing as wearing a condom or the girl being on the pill. I've said that like a dozen times in this thread, but you never seem to understand or even listen.

..and as we said over and over as well, condoms and pills prevent a child from being concieved, and abortion killsa a child that is already concieved.

I know exactly what it would be like to have not been born. It would be like nothing. I wouldn't exist, and therefore I wouldn't KNOW I was missing out on anything. You can't try to rationalize the experience of never being born by comparing it to your concious living now, there is no comparison.

You would rather live in nothingness than be a burden to your parents?

And if you make abortion illegal, as it has been said before, in this thread, by many people, abortions will STILL HAPPEN. Women who don't want babies will attack themselves with coat hangers, throw themselves down stairs, take scolding hot baths, or go to back alley abortions where they're just as likely to end up dead. Shouldn't women who are THAT desperate be given the opportunity to have an abortion in a safe environment where an actual doctor can do it?

At least there won't be as many babies killed. pain should be a deterent to killing their young and if they want a "safe" enviroment, they can just give birth and give it up for adoption.

How can a girl give up her own baby for adoption and go through life never knowing what is happening to her child?

Which is better to remember, "I gave my baby life. And because I loved him, I gave him into the arms of a loving couple" - or to remember, "I selfishly ended my baby's life?"

ONE QUESTION:

what is wrong with adoption???

Why cant a country who sent astronuagts to the moon, introduce technoligy, own the worlds biggest corperations, spend billions of dollars on "star wars", cant just build more orphanages or facilities for the unwanted babies?

Originally posted by kipperthefrog

You cannot "live" nothingness. Non-existence means you do not think, you do not feel, you do not anything. You're nothing, never existed. You cannot miss what you never had.

At least there won't be as many babies killed. pain should be a deterent to killing their young and if they want a "safe" enviroment, they can just give birth and give it up for adoption.

If pain is a deterent to killing their young, then pain should be a deterent to giving birth.

ONE QUESTION:

Why cant a country who sent astronuagts to the moon, introduce technoligy, own the worlds biggest corperations, spend billions of dollars on "star wars", cant just build more orphanages or facilities for the unwanted babies?

Never, ever, ask money grubbing corporations to do something good with it. You know they won't.

Sure ,if my Mother gave me up for adoption Id be loved and wanted ,that would be awesome ,that way Id be able to not be a pain on my mother and still be loved and wanted

Not neccesarily true. a lot of kids who are addopted never get on with their foster parents, get moved from home to home by social servises, and end up turning to a life of crime.

..and as we said over and over as well, condoms and pills prevent a child from being concieved, and abortion killsa a child that is already concieved.

But you are foisting YOUR opinion that at conception a child is a human being upon other people. Not everyone will agree with you, and if they are of the same mindset as I am that an abortion of a fetus prior to 2-3 months into pregnancy is no more wrong than using antibiotics to kill bacteria in your body. If you don't want your girlfriend / wife to have an abortion that is between you and her. But you cannot tell other people that they have to abide by YOUR set of morals.

And yes, I would rather not exist than be a burden on my parents for 18+ years, because I would never have known what I missed, and my parents lives would be crappy.

Originally posted by idel

I find this very interesting. Since you have stated that you would use your own judgement on other things like if the Pope wanted someone killed why not use your own judgement on other issues such as abortion and gay marriage? Are you too lazy/stupid to make your own mind up or do you fear rejection/being looked down upon by other believers of your religion?

No Im not Pro life because the Pope is Pro Life I used my own mind to distinguish that its wrong ,and stop calling me stupid .I dont fear rejection ,I fear Hell, and thats not the only reason why Im against abortion and gay marriage ,its because Ive deemed them something morally wrong according to my own religion ,not because of the Pope.

So stop telling me that Im stupid or lazy ,Ive made my own judgement on these issues just as you have on them .I didnt need the Pope to tell me what to believe ,the death penalty is wrong because killing another human being is wrong. Stay on topic please.

God Bless and Mary Protect ,

Reelguy

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Never, ever, ask money grubbing corporations to do something good with it. You know they won't.

Read the post, im not asking corperations to do it, the GOVERNMENT should take care of unwanted children, considering how powerful our country is, why won't they care for the childen?

I found some definitions:

Alive

Alive means that this being is growing, developing, maturing, and replacing its own dying cells. It means not being dead.

Human

Human means one of the biological beings who be-longs to the species Homo Sapiens. Such beings are unique from all other beings in that they have 46 human chromosomes in every cell. Such beings do not belong to the rabbit family, the carrot family, etc.

(by the way, a bad appendix is different than a whole tiny baby.)

Edit: by the way, The Supreme in the ninetenth century ruled that black people were not persons, and in 1973 that unborn people were not persons.

would you personally like to be aborted ?

If my mother wanted me aborted, I wouldn't mind at all.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

It is ironic that those babies who were not supposed to exist will turn into killing machines.

Oh well...

what more ironic is people don't want a fetus destroyed so it can grow up to join the army to be killed. HURRAY!

Some people in this thread say they would rather not exist than be a burden for their parents. do you have any idea what it would be like to never have been born? I sure don't.

Think of all the things you love to do and all the people you love you would never known if you had been aborted. no star war games for us!

Do I look like a give a ****. :dozey:

As I said before, the baby is a miniture human, smaller version. not part of a human, not a parasite like bacteria. a developing person. You must see that.

You ever notice the similarities between a chimpanzee fetus and a human fetus? It's quite remarkable. Infact I can tell you 20 out of 21(the 21st being this weird kid that knows too much about primates.) people will not be able to tell the difference if shown a picture, wanna know how I know? I did a study for my AP Biology class.

You know how many of these anti-abortionists are against slaughter of primates? probably 1 out of 30.

Some one who is making big money off the killing of unborn babies has brainwashed you all through the media to justify the slughter of 40 million baibies.

Hardly, I think for myself.

Yes.

Do you know how many children are already in the adoption system? More than will ever be adopted in 50 years. Do you know what happens to a majority of those kids? They turn 18, find a job and make their own life. Never having been shown love or affection by a parental figure, they will develop multiple complexes and themselves become a burden to society because they don't understand how things work. They will have crappy relationships and most likely die alone wondering where they went wrong. Many will even commit suicide.

Look above.

We have too many orphans as it is. It's not a matter of having the orphanages, or group homes as they are called now. It's that there aren't enough people adopting, or not enough people to adopt, the children that are already in the system.

Grow up and learn reality, drop your naive little ideas that you can just have a kid, throw them into the adoption system and they'll get a family. Life does not work like that.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

You ever notice the similarities between a chimpanzee fetus and a human fetus? It's quite remarkable. Infact I can tell you 20 out of 21(the 21st being this weird kid that knows too much about primates.) people will not be able to tell the difference if shown a picture, wanna know how I know? I did a study for my AP Biology class.

You know how many of these anti-abortionists are against slaughter of primates? probably 1 out of 30.

In the itallic text above you stated the chimpanzee feutus WAS a primate, even though it was underdeveloped. so you admit the human feutus is a human?

Besides if you realy studies bioligy at all, the human fetus has human dna.

Aborting kids will cuase less child abuse? on the contrary, the opisite has happened.

Chils Abuse

Stats:

http://www.prevent-abuse-now.com/stats.htm#Increase

http://www.abortionfacts.com/online_books/love_them_both/why_cant_we_love_them_both_31.asp#Shouldn%E2%80%99t%20every%20child%20be%20wanted?

Abortion Stats:

Number of abortions.

child abuse has grown despite the increased number of abortions.

Grow up and learn reality, drop your naive little ideas that you can just have a kid, throw them into the adoption system and they'll get a family. Life does not work like that.

I thought insults and "flaming" was not allowed here...

No Im not Pro life because the Pope is Pro Life I used my own mind to distinguish that its wrong ,and stop calling me stupid .I dont fear rejection ,I fear Hell, and thats not the only reason why Im against abortion and gay marriage ,its because Ive deemed them something morally wrong according to my own religion ,not because of the Pope.

So stop telling me that Im stupid or lazy ,Ive made my own judgement on these issues just as you have on them .I didnt need the Pope to tell me what to believe ,the death penalty is wrong because killing another human being is wrong. Stay on topic please.

God Bless and Mary Protect ,

Reelguy

I do apologise but the sentence I quoted:

Im against the death penalty ,the Pope is against it ,Im against it .

Made it is seem the opposite. If you never said that I never would have questioned your ability to make decisions for yourself.

In the itallic text above you stated the chimpanzee feutus WAS a primate, even though it was underdeveloped. so you admit the human feutus is a human?

wrong, A chimpanzee is a primate, I was not acknowledging it as a chimpanzee at it's current state, fetal stage. Nice try though.

Besides if you realy studies bioligy at all, the human fetus has human dna.

we've already touched that topic mister.

Aborting kids will cuase less child abuse? on the contrary, the opisite has happened.

Chils Abuse

Stats:

http://www.prevent-abuse-now.com/stats.htm#Increase

http://www.abortionfacts.com/online_books/love_them_both/why_cant_we_love_them_both_31.asp#Shouldn%E2%80%99t%20every%20child%20be%20wanted?

Abortion Stats:

Number of abortions.

child abuse has grown despite the increased number of abortions.

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

honestly.

I thought insults and "flaming" was not allowed here...

?

Read the post, im not asking corperations to do it, the GOVERNMENT should take care of unwanted children, considering how powerful our country is, why won't they care for the childen?

yes, let's waste more of our tax money that we shouldn't need to.

by the way, The Supreme in the ninetenth century ruled that black people were not persons, and in 1973 that unborn people were not persons.

those cases are hardly comparable. The first is based on prejudicial accounts that blacks are substandards to whites, and that they are no more intelligent than a dog.

The case of an unborn is based upon fact that a fetus is no different than a defunct organ.

pardon me, but I can hardly find a line to that other than it involves the supreme court, and the term "not person" is involved in them.

wrong, A chimpanzee is a primate, I was not acknowledging it as a chimpanzee at it's current state, fetal stage. Nice try though.

you said "You know how many of these anti-abortionists are against slaughter of primates?"

if you mean the underdeveloped primates, you HAD to be refering to them as primates cuase you mentiened the SLUAGHTER of them. Acording to you, they were just "parasites" or "just blobs of tissue". yet you still refer to them as primates.

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

honestly.

?

people claim abortion reduces the number of kids that will otherwise be abused. as you can see, abortion didn't solve the problem. for some reason, child abuse just went up.

yes, let's waste more of our tax money that we shouldn't need to.

human life is more important than he "star wars" project we been working on. heck we'd rather just give tax breaks to the rich rather than give it to needy children.

those cases are hardly comparable. The first is based on prejudicial accounts that blacks are substandards to whites, and that they are no more intelligent than a dog.

back then they thought the slaves realy were "lower" than us. They realy thought of them as animals. Hitler realy thought of the jews as subhuman. just as we think of the embryo or feutus as an disfunctional organ.

The case of an unborn is based upon fact that a fetus is no different than a defunct organ.

in the big scheme of things YOU are not that significant either, would you want someone "abort" you where you stand? (please take no offense , it is just to prove a point.)

human life is more important than he "star wars" project we been working on. heck we'd rather just give tax breaks to the rich rather than give it to needy children.

the star wars project was ditched and turned into the defcon project. Which in essence protects all of america from incoming missles or bombs that could reach america from orbit, which would kill pretty much everyone in the entire country. I'll let you think on that.

back then they thought the slaves realy were "lower" than us. They realy thought of them as animals. Hitler realy thought of the jews as subhuman. just as we think of the embryo or feutus as an disfunctional organ.

that's still hardly comparable. I value a dog or other various "lowly" animal over a defunct organ. Once the fetus reaches 3 months, I respect as a living entity. Before that I see it as no more than a defunct organ. Because in essence that's all it is. An organ doing nothing but feeding off me.

in the big scheme of things YOU are not that significant either, would you want someone "abort" you where you stand? (please take no offense , it is just to prove a point.)

I'm pretty satisified with my life, and I've realized I'm nothing significant in the big scheme of things, and see no reason to object to dying. Death is hardly a fear of mine at all. So to answer you, I wouldn't feel any regrets to someone killing me.

Perhaps I'm just not selfish enough.

Archived