Home

Abortion debate (older thread)

VanLingo

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless, beleifs, logic, and reasoning ALL fit into the catagory of discussion.

InsaneSith, you bevieve abotion was OK, and you beleive it is not any different from killing bacteria. you used your beleifs yourself right there.

Edit: look at the pictures and read the stuff and tell me they are not human yet.the link

only 8 weeks old and the already developed human form and they can move. looks like they are self aware to me.

if you cant tell the difference between that and a bad appendix, get a grip! (meant nothing personal)

The difference is the source of the belief. Belief is a cognitive content held as true. If that content is comprised of logical observation and empirical data, it is distinctly different than content which is comprised of faith in speculative or untested claims.

"I believe a cannonball will fall at the same rate as a quarter."

"I believe my soul is immortal."

Which one can be observed and has been observed?

Originally posted by kipperthefrog

Regardless, beleifs, logic, and reasoning ALL fit into the catagory of discussion.

InsaneSith, you bevieve abotion was OK, and you beleive it is not any different from killing bacteria. you used your beleifs yourself right there.

"belief" supported by fact. At early stages the "baby" is no more advanced or special than common bacteria. But I didn't use an article of faith or religious belief as fact. You can't use something in a debate (properly) if it cannot be proven nor disproven.

I'm sorry I didn't clarify what style of belief I meant, for further explanation refer to skinwalkers post.

unborn-8-weeks.jpg

looks more like that mutant alien creature in the fourth alien film "Alien Resurrection". or a deformed mouse.

Not to mention 8 weeks = 2 months. Which is on the border for me. At 3 months I feel abortions should no longer be allowed unless it's a matter of life or death. I think if you haven't made up your mind by then you should just have the baby and put it up for adoption, or find a way to take care of it.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

"belief" supported by fact. At early stages the "baby" is no more advanced or special than common bacteria. But I didn't use an article of faith or religious belief as fact. You can't use something in a debate (properly) if it cannot be proven nor disproven.

when you said the early stages of the baby is no more advanced than bacteria, that too is a beleif. it may not be from the bible, but you still beleive it. you cant prove or disprove it is less advanced.

unborn-8-weeks.jpg

looks more like that mutant alien creature in the fourth alien film "Alien Resurrection". or a deformed mouse.[/b]

look closer. It is actuallly a new life. this isn't "star wars." Sounds like the talk of a kid who puts the natural proccess of things down insted of learning about them.

Not to mention 8 weeks = 2 months. Which is on the border for me. At 3 months I feel abortions should no longer be allowed unless it's a matter of life or death. I think if you haven't made up your mind by then you should just have the baby and put it up for adoption, or find a way to take care of it.

Then you are in agreement with reelguy and me at some degree! The later stages of baby development, it is wrong to kill him.

everyone has different ideas on when life begins. exampe some think it is ok to do partial birth abortions some think like you and it is wrong after a certain time, and some think it is wrong imediatly after concepton.

the question is when does life begin?

I say conception is when life begins. they are alive and miniture human rather they have a nervios system yet or not. rather some consider it human or not.

you say life begins when they develop consiosness. some say is when they exit the womb.

when you said the early stages of the baby is no more advanced than bacteria, that too is a beleif. it may not be from the bible, but you still beleive it. you cant prove or disprove it is less advanced.

actually I can, and we have.

look closer. It is actuallly a new life. this isn't "star wars." Sounds like the talk of a kid who puts the natural proccess of things down insted of learning about them.

wow, you still can't take a joke very well...

Then you are in agreement with reelguy and me at some degree! The later stages of baby development, it is wrong to kill him.

If you read the thread you would know what my position was.

I say conception is when life begins. they are alive and miniture human rather they have a nervios system yet or not. rather some consider it human or not.

so if a woman falls and has a miscarriage you think the woman should be charged with negligeble homicide?

I got an idea, don't believe in abortions? don't get one, but people shouldn't allow their beliefs, ones not based on fact but faith, to restrict others freedom. Sure I may be pushing my beliefs on you, but atleast my pushing doesn't restrict your freedom. Infact it gives you and those you love a choice instead nothing at all.

Originally posted by InsaneSith I got an idea, don't believe in abortions? don't get one, but people shouldn't allow their beliefs, ones not based on fact but faith, to restrict others freedom. Sure I may be pushing my beliefs on you, but atleast my pushing doesn't restrict your freedom. Infact it gives you and those you love a choice instead nothing at all.

Very well said.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Hey you have to realize, abortions WILL happen whether it is legal or not.

The only difference is in one case, it is done in a safe clinic by a doctor and the other it is done in some back alley by some guy.

exactly. Atleast within the clinic the safety of the mother is very well assured. Many women died doing back alley abortions, that was a big pusher to legalizing abortions. And women when not doing the coat-hanger technique, threw themselves down stairs landing on their belly's to cause a miscarriage. This doesn't always work, often causing mental handicap in babies if born, and the mothers get injured very badly.

A reason we are mad about the legal type of abortion is that its plain unbelievable that the government would legalize that ,the killing of another human life.Whether in a back alley or in a clinic ,its still the killing of a life ,the only thing even worse about the clinical aspect of abortion is that its legal ,its sickening that our government would legalize such a thing .

Abortion didnt come around because people voted on it ,it came around because biased judges decided that it was unconstitutional ,judges are meant to interpret the law not the legislate it ,especially the Supreme Court.

God Bless,

Reelguy

Originally posted by reelguy227

judges are meant to interpret the law not the legislate it ,especially the Supreme Court.

wrong, another part of a judges duty is to create new legislation. Especially the supreme court. New legislation comes from their interpretation of the law, outcome of some interpretation creates new law.

And you have yet to prove the fetus is a human life at conception.

A reason we are mad about the legal type of abortion is that its plain unbelievable that the government would legalize that ,the killing of another human life.Whether in a back alley or in a clinic ,its still the killing of a life ,the only thing even worse about the clinical aspect of abortion is that its legal ,its sickening that our government would legalize such a thing .

It really isn't that simple and the way you are expressing your opinion like this just smacks of blindness and uninformity.

It'd be interesting to see what your opinion of the death penalty is.

Originally posted by reelguy227 Abortion didnt come around because people voted on it ,it came around because biased judges decided that it was unconstitutional ,judges are meant to interpret the law not the legislate it ,especially the Supreme Court.

God Bless,

Reelguy

The war on Iraq didn't come about through a vote either but I don't see you making any effort to express your disgust at that. That's another kettle of fish I guess but my point is you seem to pick and choose what you think is morally right and want to push that opinion on other people, taking away their rights and their choice.

It disgusts me that the anti-abortion lot could be so un-caring and un-informed about something so serious. Do you honestly think women pile up in the clinics by their thousands on a whim to get abortions? Of course not, it is a very tough decision to make but either way the person should be supported in their choice and not be hounded and have their rights threatened by anyone.

What is your first memory? is it when you were concieved? was it before you were born? was it when you were born? was it even before you were a year old? the answer to all those questions will probably be no. I'm not saying that babies can be killed as well so don't stone me or anything, I'm just using it as a point. though the baby in the womb may be alive it's life has not started yet. wouldn't it be better to "terminate" it rather than bring an unwanted life into this already overcrowded world? I do think there should be limits though. I say keep it how it is.

Originally posted by idel

It really isn't that simple and the way you are expressing your opinion like this just smacks of blindness and uninformity.

It'd be interesting to see what your opinion of the death penalty is.

The war on Iraq didn't come about through a vote either but I don't see you making any effort to express your disgust at that. That's another kettle of fish I guess but my point is you seem to pick and choose what you think is morally right and want to push that opinion on other people, taking away their rights and their choice.

It disgusts me that the anti-abortion lot could be so un-caring and un-informed about something so serious. Do you honestly think women pile up in the clinics by their thousands on a whim to get abortions? Of course not, it is a very tough decision to make but either way the person should be supported in their choice and not be hounded and have their rights threatened by anyone.

Im against the death penalty ,the Pope is against it ,Im against it .

I just would like you guys to answer me one question ,would you personally like to be aborted ?

Please answer it straight out ,no changing the subject or saying that you would have not remembered it ,neither would a newborn or 2 year old remember their death ,but that still doesnt make killing them legal.

God Bless and Mary Protect ,

Reelguy

I just would like you guys to answer me one question ,would you personally like to be aborted ?

I'd be all for it. I'd just be ruining my mother's life and would not be loved nor wanted, and I don't know what I'm missing out on if I'm aborted, but I do know that I'm missing out on a proper childhood if I'm not aborted.

But your question is irrelivant anyway, because a zygote personally has no opinion at all, and nor does it need one.

Let me ask you a question:

Would you like to grow up not being loved or wanted? I sure wouldn't.

Originally posted by TK-8252

Would you like to grow up not being loved or wanted? I sure wouldn't.

Sure ,if my Mother gave me up for adoption Id be loved and wanted ,that would be awesome ,that way Id be able to not be a pain on my mother and still be loved and wanted .:)

God Bless and Mary Protect,

Reelguy

Sure why not? I would prefer not to exist then being unwanted and having a sh!tty childhood.

Besides, adoption is NOT that simple. Not every single baby is adopted, some spend a bloody long time at an orphanage or jumping from one foster home to another. Nice life. Let's make more kids live that situation.

I'm also sure you would like to give money to support these orphanage.

Oh by the way, not trying to flame, but if the Pope said go kill x heretic, I mean, you should go kill him. I mean, how can the Pope be wrong?

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Oh by the way, not trying to flame, but if the Pope said go kill x heretic, I mean, you should go kill him. I mean, how can the Pope be wrong?

If the Pope said that, I wouldnt do it ,and plus, the Pope would never say that ,its murder ,"Thou shalt not kill" .I would only do things that the Pope says that doesnt go against my faith ,your statement makes no sense at all. Your statement turns a loving Holy Father into someone like Saddam Hussein.

Stay on topic please?

God Bless and Mary Protect,

Reelguy

Archived