Home

Abortion debate (older thread)

VanLingo

Originally posted by kipperthefrog

you said "You know how many of these anti-abortionists are against slaughter of primates?"

if you mean the underdeveloped primates, you HAD to be refering to them as primates cuase you mentiened the SLUAGHTER of them. Acording to you, they were just "parasites" or "just blobs of tissue". yet you still refer to them as primates.

I said that because as we speak thousands of innocent BORN primates are being slaughtered for no reason. In no way did I intend to infer the chimp fetus abortion as slaughter.

people claim abortion reduces the number of kids that will otherwise be abused.

Those people are idiots.

Also, you will notice abortions have also gone down, and their prices risen.

Also, I feel many people need to realize, abortions aren't actually very common, infact considered to plastic surgery and even heart surgery, abortions are very, very rare. They cost on average about $1000+. I in no way feel abortion should be used in a contraceptive manner. I feel it should be only used in certain circumstances. This is why I'm against making it illegal, because there are legitimate reasons for it to be legal.

Personally I think anyone that tries to use abortion as a contraceptive style treatment should be lashed severely, if not shot in the genitals to avoid reproduction.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you said "You know how many of these anti-abortionists are against slaughter of primates?"

if you mean the underdeveloped primates, you HAD to be refering to them as primates cuase you mentiened the SLUAGHTER of them. Acording to you, they were just "parasites" or "just blobs of tissue". yet you still refer to them as primates.

He showed his point using your perspective of things. From your perspective, a primate's foetus is a full primate, just as a human foetus is a full human.

people claim abortion reduces the number of kids that will otherwise be abused. as you can see, abortion didn't solve the problem. for some reason, child abuse just went up.

That's irrelevant and indeed, has nothing to do with the matter at hand. If you can succesfully prove that without abortion, there will be less child abuse then it will be relevant. Right now both things are seperate matters.

What we believe might and will happen in a lot of cases, is the kids having bad lives, not necessarily being subject to child abuse being simply having an incomplete childhood which leads to psychological problems and some cases, criminal problems.

back then they thought the slaves realy were "lower" than us. They realy thought of them as animals. Hitler realy thought of the jews as subhuman. just as we think of the embryo or feutus as an disfunctional organ.

Back then, they used pseudo-science to back up their pseudo-facts. On the other hand, we are using scientific facts, facts that were proven by serious studies done by real scientists.

in the big scheme of things YOU are not that significant either, would you want someone "abort" you where you stand? (please take no offense , it is just to prove a point.)

What does this have to do with anything? Killing an already fully developped human with an active conciousness is different.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

He showed his point using your perspective of things. From your perspective, a primate's foetus is a full primate, just as a human foetus is a full human.

That too. Is how I sort of infered it. Maybe, I dunno. But if you infered it as that way, that's correct.

Originally posted by jon_hill987

Not neccesarily true. a lot of kids who are addopted never get on with their foster parents, get moved from home to home by social servises, and end up turning to a life of crime.

Can you give me a website where this info is posted please?

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Try reading books on law.

rape, condom breaking, pill failed, incestual rape, risk of death, etc.

all are rare ocasions.

pregnancy from rape is rare

condom breaking is rare,

risk of death is rare, not too very many people die of complications of birth.

you havent been payin much attention to us either. just mindless quoting and "nit-picking" crap we can use aginst each other. both sides are equally stubborn.

We are paying attention, it's just that you keep bringing up defeated/random/irrelivant/pointless arguments.

I say we call a truce, and end this with no hard feelings. deal?

Because you know you're losing. :D

Originally posted by TK-8252

We are paying attention, it's just that you keep bringing up defeated/random/irrelivant/pointless arguments.

So R U

Because you know you're losing. :D

becuase it is getting nowhere. unless reelguy wants to keep going, i see no point. It brought nothing but frustraition to both sides. the killingofthe unborn still costs human life EVERY time, rather you think it is "human" yet or not.

...and I'm done with that.

aperently you are outnumbered. Bu$h got re elected becuase of anti- abortionists.

No, Bush got re-elected on ignorance, not anti-abortion. Most American voters don't actually take (or have) the brain power to actually think about the issues before voting. Bush's re-election proves this.

And what's being "outnumbered" prove? Yeah we're outnumbered by ignorance. And what a worthy opponent it is.

the killingofthe unborn still costs human life EVERY time, rather you think it is "human" yet or not.

Sometimes there are justifiable means to do something you would otherwise not do.

anyway...

I'll give you a quote from George Carlin. "How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelette? Are we so much better than chickens all of a sudden? When did this happen - that we passed chickens in goodness? Name six ways we're better than chickens. ... See, nobody can do it! You know why? 'Cause chickens are decent people - you don't see chickens hanging around in drug gangs, do you? You don't see a chicken strapping some guy to a chair and hooking up his nuts to a car battery, do you? When's the last chicken you heard about came home from work and beat the **** out of his hen, huh? Doesn't happen - 'cause chickens are decent people."

No, Bush got re-elected on ignorance, not anti-abortion. Most American voters don't actually take (or have) the brain power to actually think about the issues before voting. Bush's re-election proves this.

And what's being "outnumbered" prove? Yeah we're outnumbered by ignorance. And what a worthy opponent it is.

I agree on that point too. My mom voted for Bu$h over the abortion thing and didn't care about anything else.

Sometimes there are justifiable means to do something you would otherwise not do.

anyway...

I'll give you a quote from George Carlin. "How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelette? Are we so much better than chickens all of a sudden? When did this happen - that we passed chickens in goodness? Name six ways we're better than chickens. ... See, nobody can do it! You know why? 'Cause chickens are decent people - you don't see chickens hanging around in drug gangs, do you? You don't see a chicken strapping some guy to a chair and hooking up his nuts to a car battery, do you? When's the last chicken you heard about came home from work and beat the **** out of his hen, huh? Doesn't happen - 'cause chickens are decent people."

Reminds me of T.H. White's The Once and Future King , where the geese spoke of humans as idiots because they fight amongst themselves when no other species fights over territories and borders or boundaries.

EDIT -

Anyway, this whole abortion deal has its legitimate reasons, such as death of the mother in the process of delivery. I think after 2 months you should have decided whether you want the baby or not.

Otherwise give birth and put him/her up for adoption.

The only thing wrong with this is that many orphans don't get adopted at an early age and are forced to live through the misery of having no parents. Perhaps good for them, perhaps bad. Only the individual may know.

The good side to putting him/her up for adoption is that they actually live, which is what I believe all should have the opportunity to do.

Once again I will state that most people who are pro-abortion are actually for the choice itself, not the death of a fetus. ;)

Originally posted by reelguy227

judges are meant to interpret the law not the legislate it ,especially the Supreme Court.

I dont understand this statement...if the judges interpret that it is unconstitutional to outlaw abortion....then how is that outside of their jurisdiction? That's exactly what the Supreme Court is there for.

I just want people to realize there are legitimate reasons for abortion.

You would have to assume there would be, as Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Sweden, UK, U.S.A and most other "civilised" "modern" countries have legalised abortion.

Unless you think that all of these "civilised", mostly christian derived, countries all independently decided "I know, lets kill a few unborn kids just for the hell of it".

I'm not sure ANYONE would support casual abortion as a form of birth control (for one thing it can't be very good for the body of the mother). But even in that sort of case, if they are the sort of person who would consider such an abortion clearly doesn't want the child... and forcing them to have it is hardly likely to lead to a good life for the child or the parents.

Surely the ideal solution is to prevent people who don't want kids from getting pregnant in the first place... the argument then becomes whether people who definately didn't want kids should be forced to have them, whether that is good for anyone or not.

And whether it is right to tell people what to do within their own bodies.

---

Did everyone know that abortion is at its lowest levels in the US since 1973? And has been going down consistently for years. Whether that is due to better informed people and better contraception, or due to reduced availability of clinics... who knows.

Archived