Home

Abortion debate (older thread)

VanLingo

Originally posted by toms

Surely the ideal solution is to prevent people who don't want kids from getting pregnant in the first place...

That would of course be more effective if our government would invest in a program intended to teach kids about safe sex, contraceptives and whatnot.

Instead, we have our abstinence program, which is not only completely ineffective, it actually LIES about condoms and aids and other STD's in some attempt to scare teens away from sex.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ET Warrior

That would of course be more effective if our government would invest in a program intended to teach kids about safe sex, contraceptives and whatnot.

Instead, we have our abstinence program, which is not only completely ineffective, it actually LIES about condoms and aids and other STD's in some attempt to scare teens away from sex.

Very true. Infact a majority of men don't even know how to put on a condom properly.

What we need are actual sex ed programs. It's disgusting how ill informed people are these days about sex and pretty much everything revolving around it.

I know it isn't the US supreme court, but they work in a similar fashion:

http://canada.justice.gc.ca/en/news/fs/2004/doc_31342.html

An example of a ruling of a Supreme Court.

Lies about condoms, aids, STD, other forms of contraception besides abstinence:

http://www.libchrist.com/std/vaticanlies.html

http://www.positive.org/Home/faq/truth.html

That's all I can find for now.

You know, just because he didn't want to scour the internet in search of a website to back up something that you yourself could research doesn't mean it isn't true or doesn't exist. It means he has other things to do with his time perhaps.

So perhaps you shouldn't be so callously tossing around such obvious flame-baits.

Heh I have to hand it to you guys. Before I read this thread, I thought abortion was wrong and that it shouldn't be done. But now I have seen the 'light'. :) It is nothing more than a bunch of cells before the first 2 months.

Originally posted by reelguy227

Thanks ,its much appreciated ,finaly someone gives evidence to back up their claims.

God Bless and Mary Protect,

Reelguy

If I have read this thread properly, neither did you give any evidence to show that the fetus is a 'human' during the first 2 months.

So technically youre saying that you only support abortion up to 2 months?

2-3 months, if you can't make up your mind by then, it's probably best you just have the child and decide to either put it up for adoption (please don't) or keep it and work another job or find a better paying job, ask parents for help, etc.

We've been saying this all along, you just don't pay attention because you seem to be worked up into your own "righteous" posts that you ignore a majority of what others are saying.

and about the superme court thing, I mean state level supreme court and it's been 2+ years since I've bothered on the topic, so pardon me if I don't feel like going over years worth of notes on something that hardly has any real relevance. Sorry to you too skin, I know you were itching for examples.

I see your veiw, I realy do. Acording to you, they don't have feeling yet, so therefore it is not "human" yet. I have paid attention. I see and understand BOTH sides now.

Just one questin, (i'm not arguing anymore, just wondering)

Why is it when a mother terminates a pregnancy, It is leagal, but when a guy slays a pregnant woman, it is still called a double murder? No matter how early it is?

Originally posted by kipperthefrog

Why is it when a mother terminates a pregnancy, It is leagal, but when a guy slays a pregnant woman, it is still called a double murder? No matter how early it is?

I know you're talking about Scott Peterson there.

The baby was close to being born, that's why. They don't do abortions that late in the pregnancy.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Lies about condoms, aids, STD, other forms of contraception besides abstinence:

http://www.libchrist.com/std/vaticanlies.html

http://www.positive.org/Home/faq/truth.html

That's all I can find for now.

You forgot the definitive source:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=142974

:D

Murder charges are normally politically motivated, based on the public outcry and the prosecutor's wish for publicity... so they can't really be compared with abortion issues on a very sensible level. But i've only heard of a couple of double murder charges, and they were late term.

We don't have coronor's inquests for every miscarriage either. :D

Just because the child is in the uterus doesnt make it less of a human ,it has human DNA and it has all of the capabilities to develope into a fully grown human ,it also has a beating heart and abortion stops that heart.

A chimp has a beating heart, human DNA and all the capabilities to develop into a fully grown ape (which by the way will probably be considerably smarter than your average current US president)... And yet we use them for medical experiments... And subsequently dump them unceremoniously in the garbage...

Food for thought.

well MY logic dictates it IS alive, it has its own heart beat, it has its own DNA after conception, or the cells wouldn't split and multiply. It IS human, only smaller and not yet conciauss. (true it may not be able to survive without the mother, but a born baby can't either for they need them to feed them.)

The little ones are biologicly little humans and i'm done debating that.

Archived