Home

Imperial Walkers On The North Ridge

{xg}darthVADER

greetings

i planning on making a siege map and not jsut any siege map no

the actual battle of hoth ive already started on it and its looking good so far

i'll post screenshots tomorow when my compile is done

curently ive made a rough echo Base North Hanger wich i am still detailing, the snow field wich wil feature the snow speeder and at-at battle

also i'd like to ask tie fighter pilot if i can use his very good snow speeder vehicle and duncans amazing at-at vehicle

also if anyone knows how i can place these vehicles in a map it would be highly apriciated

screens are gonna come tomorow

:D

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL! Good luck using an ATAT in your map. Snow speeders I can see. But make sure your map has minimal detail so you can ACTUALLY play the thing. I tried Duncans ATAT in a map big enough to handle it. I noticed some video lag and I only had the one ATAT in it. Duncan only has the BETA out. I think he gave up on the whole idea so it's still unfinished, although seems to work well. The battle of HOTH is just too unrealistic for a game engine such as this. Especially when it's not utilized to it's full potential. I'm doing the battle on Endor or Endor_offensive if you will. But my map only has one MAIN outside area and another small one. When the outside areas get too big, expect lag of some sort. If you plan on going ahead with this project, USE FOG as much as possible. It will help loads!

ive already tested my map with duncans at-at and with tie fighter pilots snow speeder and i can asure you its big enoegh for 4 at-at's and for a snow speeder to fly around them quite easy

and yes my map has fog in it but only for mood

the map compiled faster without them and also lag wasent an issue even without fog

so far the map is fairly stable and i know i dont have that good of a machine

i just need to know how to get those vehicles in my map via radiant

ok wel i have tought up some objectives for the imperial and rebel side

imperials

1. Break through the main Rebel defense line.

2. Take out the shield generator so reenforcements can land.

(i wil have actual shuttle's landing with troops and in the final wave lord vader wil land)

3. secure the trenches

4. secure the command center

5.vader must survive

6. 2 at-at's must survive (out of 5)

7. prevent the remaining rebels from taking off in their last docked transport

(this can be achieved by ether destroying the transport or closing the hanger doors)

rebel

1. prevent imperial at-at's from breaking trough the defense line

(do this with snow speeders with actual tow cables;) )

2. defend the shield generator

3. prevent the imperials from overtaking the trenches

4. prevent te imperials from taking the command center

5. if all the above failed give the evacuation code signal from the secondary command center.

6. head for the last transport that is docked in the south hanger

(every one playing must be aboard for it to take off)

7. make sure all transports get out safely

(make sure they dont get shot down by enemy fire)

any sugestions on these objectives are welcome

yeppers i have to make both hangers (north and south)

the one you see in the screens is the north hanger

the south wont be as detailed as that is gonna be since you only use the south one to escape if your a rebel

i finaly got vehicles in the game without crashing btw =]

if anyone has a blue print of the ewxact layout inside echo base can you please send it to havoc373@hotmail.com

Originally posted by mergatroid

This map looks great! I've seen an other Hoth map being made but this one blows the other away! If you can pull this off, it will be better then Raven's siege maps.

If he'll be able to put off everything he wants to do in this map, it will be better than everything

LOLL! No wonder it doesn't lag guy...theres nothing in it!

If you leave it as it is then yes you might pull it off. Now add a bunch of vehicles to it and on top of that add 10 players. Now how does it play?

Hey if you can pull it off by all means do it. Looks good so far. See how far you can push the detail limit before she starts to lag. The map looks promising. Keep it up! :D

Originally posted by {xg}darthVADER

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

its posts like that that give me the willpower to go on =]

That's the idea.

When people try to do something very big, they usually quit in the middle. Heck, looks like even Clone Wars TC is dead, which is really ashame, cuz I love cel shading. I will not let give up. If you'll think to give up, I'll keep bugging you through MSN to keep on going :D

as a thanks for suprting me :D

a new screenshot update

tfighterpilot and myself flying around in snow speeders around the atat´s

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=103909

the new maintenance bridge for the x wings

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=103912

i have added a new part to the hanger

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=103915

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=103916

ATAT´s lined up at their starting positions

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=103917

wadda ya think?

Looks great! Finally a real Battle of Hoth Siege. :D

But who is going to code the tow cables? It would take hella coding to get functional tow cables to work. Also, it's important that you don't put too many Snowspeeders, or there won't be enough players to fight in the trenches. Me thinks ship-camping could get bad for that sort of thing...

Originally posted by TK-8252

Looks great! Finally a real Battle of Hoth Siege. :D

But who is going to code the tow cables? It would take hella coding to get functional tow cables to work. Also, it's important that you don't put too many Snowspeeders, or there won't be enough players to fight in the trenches. Me thinks ship-camping could get bad for that sort of thing...

Apperntly, unique will do it. He's a coder for AOTCTC

Archived