Home

Imperial Walkers On The North Ridge

{xg}darthVADER

the coding is being done by unique1 he has or is going to get some realy good rope code with rope that actualy bend and everything from someone (cant rmemeber the name)

about ship camping

it wil be like this some players wil spawn inside the hanger and some inside the trenches

btw the trenches are also manned by rebel npc's

and dont forget the rebel turrets

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by lauser

Man...I'm telling you, you are pushing the limits of a game engine that is not even utilized efficiently. Keep going. I want to test this badboy with 6 or 7 other players when you get all that coding done.

Rogue Squadron had tow cable, heck, even Shadows of The Empire had them!

Same engine? Same M/P capabilities?

great way to spoil the moment

question: is it possible to make the blasters visible trough the fog??

cause right now when i'm firing the at-at's guns i dont see the lasers just the impacts

same goes for the snowspeeder's blasters

Btw

i think this map wil be pretty much able to handle what i have planned for it considering i spawn 30+ luke skywalkers and reborns and the map dropped from 30fps to 26 fps

time to feed the masses again with more screenshots

ive done some more detailing on the hanger

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=104752

some early shots of the new coridors

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=104753

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=104754

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=104755

enjoy

and yes i know the frame rate ahs dropped but thats because i ahevt added hint brushes and area portals to the new area's

Originally posted by {xg}darthVADER

why without autoclip if i may ask?

and no their not i dunno how to make .ase models if your willing to tell me i'll be more than happy to do it

1) Because autoclip is mainly for terrain and very large simple objects. Clipping complex objects will generate a TON of extra brushes you don't need in a map of that size. Just do a general clip of the model and that's good enough. You will never notice it ingame. Clip the railing properly yes, but the rest just do a general.

2) Copy this and paste it in notepad:

"C:\Program Files\GtkRadiant-1.4\q3map2.exe" -meta -patchmeta -subdivisions 4 -game ja "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\maps\WHAT.map"

"C:\Program Files\GtkRadiant-1.4\q3map2.exe" -convert -format ase -game ja "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\maps\WHAT.bsp"

Replace WHAT with the name of your mapfile.

Now save it as a batch file EX: q3mapase.bat

Put the batch file in the Radiant folder...or in Q3map2 folder if you have another build of the compiler.

And THIS is a way better tutorial. rgoer is one of those guys who explains things in a way that he assumes you know how most things are supposed to work. Mslafs tutorial is much easier to understand.

Oh! and just ignore the shader part and ignore the batch file he made. :D

i know i have abandoned my other projects before but people didnt realy support me for that

what exactly do you mean by fog hull?

please explain any help is welcome

(and the fact that i mapped them poorly so i couldnt compile the lights)

i wil finish this project you have my word on it

P.S. if any has some good ref pics from inside echo base please feel free to post them

And THIS is a way better tutorial. rgoer is one of those guys who explains things in a way that he assumes you know how most things are supposed to work. Mslafs tutorial is much easier to understand.

Mslaf's bad grammar aside, his tutorial actually has incorrect information in it! I would highly reccomend rgoer's tutorial...it doesn't have the unnecesary information mslaf's includes, and it's really really simple to understand--because making an ASE model is a really really simple process!

Hehe..that's why I took the best of both worlds and made my post there Wedge. Maybe we should do that. Make it simplified and easy for beginners and repost at map-review.

You know I just reread the tutorial Wedge. It seems it has been updated from the original. I didn't look at the tutorial for that specific reason. But it looks fine to me now other than having the -game ja in the command line.

foghull ... like that:

foghull_01.jpg

Instead of the normal distance cull it fades out in fog so you won't see a rapid end of the level. You can adjust the values to determine the distance the fog will start from. Plus it can improve performance since everything past the opaque border won't be rendered ...

Check this out:

http://www.shaderlab.com/q3map2/manual/foghull_guide.htm

sorry but that's the only foghull tutorial I know in english language.

Archived